Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

Who will win this weekends clash of the, er, titans, Bombastic or Yaletown

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sensible soccer

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
CheShouldHeBeWhite said:
ahahaha..... ok I remember that game and YES, SP basically got ripped off, but it was absolutely not that out of hand.

Didn't NK win the other match and cleanly?

As a matter of fact, no. You lost to us the second time around 3-2. Our squad this year is completely different from last year. I don't believe our team was particularly strong last season. Our team is a lot stronger this year (different group of players) and we are still awaiting 4 new additions to the team (which are all starters). This will be a big surprise for the 2C teams who think they have seen the best of us.

You guys are doing well this season in comparison to last year. Is the team completely different or more or less the same guys as last year?

sensible soccer

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
The Watcher is sitting in his livingroom, staring up at the Leo Bevillacqua Memorial Trophy (awarded to the Div. 2 Cup Champions). It's perched above my TV on my Entertainment Centre. There it is going to stay for the forseeable future. And no amount of wishful thinking from sporting p. or any other batch of pretenders is going to change that fact. Eat your hearts out. This year NK is winning promotion, the Cup and the Provincials that we were robbed of this last summer.

Getting a fcuking life. You are talking about Div.2 soccer. If your proud of your achievements at this level, well I guess that says enough about your abilities as a player.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sensible soccer said:
Getting a fcuking life. You are talking about Div.2 soccer. If your proud of your achievements at this level, well I guess that says enough about your abilities as a player.

Not that I need to defend "the watcher" as he is a big boy, but I know him in our younger playing days and he could have played in premier in the 80's. When the watcher had his mind in the game he was a good player. There is nothing wrong with bragging about NK's accomplishments.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't NK make it to the Provincial finals when they were in div 3 when they returned to VMSL. The league then decided to close provincials to Premier teams only because of the possibility of a div 3 team representing BC.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Devils Advocate said:
hey georgie,easy tiger!!i can only say what i hear,havent heard anything about losing players just that they are signing,havent been talkin to any1 since but i will let you know
You liked that did you :D. I have to get a good TTP in every once in a while. So what you are saying is your boys have not lost any players as far as you know....maybe they were just missing for the last weekend????

Fair enough.

sensible soccer

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
robj said:
Not that I need to defend "the watcher" as he is a big boy, but I know him in our younger playing days and he could have played in premier in the 80's. When the watcher had his mind in the game he was a good player. There is nothing wrong with bragging about NK's accomplishments.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't NK make it to the Provincial finals when they were in div 3 when they returned to VMSL. The league then decided to close provincials to Premier teams only because of the possibility of a div 3 team representing BC.

I can't really comment on your later statement about NK making the provincials back in the 80's. Well that either means the premier league at that time was shite or Nk just a had a really good team. As for the NK team now they wouldn't stand a chance against a premier team or a decent Div 1 team for that matter (realistically). And as for the fat bloke I would be surprised if he could last 45 mins in a competitive game that actually involves running (no offense but I have played against him). We can talk about the past here, but unfortunately this isn't 1980 it's 2005.

And as for NK bragging about their accomplishments, well the fat bloke is the only one doing that. And when it's so early in the season those comments can come back and bite him in his fat ass. However on a positive note about the NK team they do have good player that played with them last year. A young lad in the middle...I think his name is Nico. He's definitely good enough to be playing in Div1. and he is certainly an asset to the team.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 80's, now that was fcuckin hilarious!

Hey Watcher dont worry ive already tapped into the haters computer and im sitting outside his house with that knife ive been sharpenning for the last 2 years.

sensible soccer

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The 80's, now that was fcuckin hilarious!

mcdirty said:
Hey Watcher dont worry ive already tapped into the haters computer and im sitting outside his house with that knife ive been sharpenning for the last 2 years.

Not that I want to get stabbed or anything, but maybe you should take soccer up as a hobby rather than sharpening a knife for 2 years. I think you would find it more interesting.

And by the way there is difference between hating and the simple facts of life that I am merely pointing out to your chubby pal.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensible Shoes,

Don't worry about McDirty. He's useless, I mean harmless. And he used to play soccer too but I don't believe the medium-security prison he is presently incarcerated within has a soccer team, so he's a little SOL on that score as well as being actually able to sit outside someone's house sharpening a knife. I hear he's getting pretty good at sharpening spoons though.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
That being said it would make for a sweet final NK vs. Sporting P. However The Watcher still thinks Erion and the Kosovars are going to kick your asses all over the pitch. The Watcher predicts a hat trick for Erion in that game. They have way to much euro skill for you guys to contend with.
Not to sure what kind of mind altering drugs you are on my friend, but you may want to ease off. This years SPH team proably has about 15 players on it that can start for your team on any given day. And as for this Erion character for kosovo, i am not trying to take anything away from him as he may be a highly skilled individual, but if he scores 3 goals on us, i will retire from soccer.

slowmotion

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hold on everyone slow down here. Talk, Talk, Talk who the fcuk cares who is best.
NK is winning untill they fcuk up let them talk.

That being said Nk WILL beat those haters
NK WILL get promoted
NK WILL win it all
NK WILL be the envy of ebryone when it happens.

I dont understand how quick people are to respond and put NK down, when they're to slow to respond and stop getting there net filled by NK.

So please let me break this down for everyone in SLOWMOTION- unless you can beat us this year, not fcuking 1,2,3 years ago, STOP CRYING

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
slowmotion said:
That being said Nk WILL beat those haters
NK WILL get promoted
NK WILL win it all
NK WILL be the envy of ebryone when it happens.

NK will take typing lessons

Only one thing more annoying that hearing "Choo Choo" this "choo chooo" that ...and that is "So please let me break this down for everyone in SLOWMOTION"

Maybe I'm just another hater :wa:

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess if NK keeps winning then they won't have to eat shite pie...if they keep winning....
and I will be at the game if NK and SPH meet-it'll be a dandy

I thought Mcdirty was dead...or something...but I guess he's been hiding in the woods sharpening his mind or something :p

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not interested in scoring against SPH but right now i am interested in staying right next to them and i will leave the scoring when we play each other.If i score or not doesn't matter but what matters is getting a win 1-0 half-0 or any other score that gives us the pts.One game at a time.......GO NK GO

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
sensible soccer said:
As a matter of fact, no. You lost to us the second time around 3-2. Our squad this year is completely different from last year. I don't believe our team was particularly strong last season. Our team is a lot stronger this year (different group of players) and we are still awaiting 4 new additions to the team (which are all starters). This will be a big surprise for the 2C teams who think they have seen the best of us.

You guys are doing well this season in comparison to last year. Is the team completely different or more or less the same guys as last year?
Ahhh I just remember NK winning 3-0 but I guess that was the game where SP had all those chances and never finished.

Anyway, guys, don't hope for modesty. This board is squarely for piss-taking. Or to "take the piss", as it were. What a bore if we were all shaking hands and discussing field conditions.

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Lobbans C squad have made some big transactions, so far this season..Look-out for them, especially their dedicated leader Ralph...

sensible soccer

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
CheShouldHeBeWhite said:
Ahhh I just remember NK winning 3-0 but I guess that was the game where SP had all those chances and never finished.

Anyway, guys, don't hope for modesty. This board is squarely for piss-taking. Or to "take the piss", as it were. What a bore if we were all shaking hands and discussing field conditions.

The past is the past, get over the win. We didn't even have decent team last season, yet it seems to be your highlight of discussion. And more importantly where did you guys finish in the league?

Don't under-estimate SPH this season because it is not the same team as last year. You'll be in for a surprise if you get a chance to play us.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team Starter said:
The Lobbans C squad have made some big transactions, so far this season..Look-out for them, especially their dedicated leader Ralph...
Go back to the CAT Thread............Lobbans are not in Div 2.........but Ralphie is dangerous anywhere from 25 yards and in.

hawkeye

Sep 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erion? WTF? GO NK GO...what team to you really play for? Should KOSOVO be worried.

I've seen NK and SPH play this year and last year. Both teams were shite then and are shite now. If NK moves up, they'll be back down the following year. The only way SPH is moving up, is if KOSOVO gives up thier spot! It would be nice if NK meet SPH in the first round of the cup. Atleast that way, one of them will shut up!

SPH has done well so far, but thier attitude will catch up to them and they will lose.

Weight watcher, your obsession with SPH is concerning. YOU NEED HELP!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The weather is good today so far, let's hope it continues until Friday at 11:00am until field checks are done. Actually, let's hope it continues until Monday evening as I don't feel like going trick-or-treating in the fcuking rain. My garden gnome costume is very delicate you know.

Match of the week stuff: Group 2A looks a little anti-climactic this week. Belmont and Burnaby will have to avoid stepping on any banana skins in the pursuit of the Signmasturbators though. So, with that in mind I would choose the Fury v. Aryana matchup as having the biggest banana potential. Focus, Burnaby, focus. :wa:

2B or not 2B, that is the question. Primos-B United is a write-off. Christ, even Vinnie could score on these guys. Of course, he'll probably score on his own team too. Its been a while (at least a month) since Vincent lashed one top corner of his own net, so he's due. The Green Devils game is a tricky one. Richmond always seem to get results on shitty pitches and Montgomery is one shitty pitch. But because the Green Devils-NKH tilt will be game to watch next weekend I will choose the JB-Nomads as this week's match du semaine in 2B. Incredibly, the JB's could climb back into contention, sort of, if they win. Like hairy, stinky, little mountain goats they are clambering there way back up. Go you matted-hair, dirt-eating goatmen!

Then comes 2C. We will have to wait for week 15 for Whack's soccer retirment party after Goldenballs (hi Erion!) slots three past the Hurricanes. This week's tightest game is between Bombastic and Yaletown, possibly two of the most organized soccer clubs ever in Division 2. For some reason though solid sponsorship, scheduling, practices, websites, uniforms et al. don't necessarily equal success in Division 2. Not sure why but there it is. It looks to me like one of these teams needs to carve out a win to keep pace and thus keep their dreamy dream dreams alive. I'll predict the team with home field advantage will win so that means...uh...?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0