Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

Who will win this weekends clash of the, er, titans, Bombastic or Yaletown

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hawkeye said:
The only way SPH is moving up, is if KOSOVO gives up thier spot!
SPH has done well so far, but thier attitude will catch up to them and they will lose.
You are smoking some serious crack if you think that Kosova will win 2C. We've played both teams already this season, and lost 5-2 against Punjab. We played well, but they were definitely the better side.
The next week we beat Kosova 2-1 we didn't play as well as against Punjab, but definitely deserved to win. It's unfortunate that the Punjab/Kosova match was canceled along with our match against MacDonald, since that skews the top of the standings quite a bit. Shitting the bed against PCOV last week didn't help, either.
Kosova are definitely a decent side, and Erion can put the ball in the net, but they have yet to demonstrate this against a good team this year, and I just can't see them getting promoted unless something very strange happens later in the season.
As for Punjab getting in trouble with their attitude, I haven't seen anything that indicates any discord in the team. Unlike your beloved Kosova, who start tearing strips off each other as soon as things go wrong and then start threatening the officials, resulting in a 5-match ban for their sweeper.

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
sensible soccer said:
The past is the past, get over the win. We didn't even have decent team last season, yet it seems to be your highlight of discussion. And more importantly where did you guys finish in the league?

Don't under-estimate SPH this season because it is not the same team as last year. You'll be in for a surprise if you get a chance to play us.
One reply for another. I was clarifying. Relax, oh so sensible.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hawkeye said:
SPH has done well so far, but thier attitude will catch up to them and they will lose.

Don't know where your getting this from. This is one of the best group of guys that I've played with. Everybody gets along well both during and after the games/practices. No ego problems here and nobody is wa above their heads. We train hard, play hard and drink hard!

sensible soccer

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've seen NK and SPH play this year and last year. Both teams were shite then and are shite now.
I'm sorry....we were shite last season????, then what FCUK does that make your team. If my memory serves me correctly we gave you guys a 7-0 battering last season. Not bad for a shitty team.

I hope for your sake you give us decent game, after all the smack you've posted. I wouldn't want you to be a victim of a serious piss take after those comments.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My garden gnome costume is very delicate you know

I though you were going as a troll...or is that your daily wear :D

Internet troll
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory messages on the internet, such as on online discussion forums, to disrupt the discussion or to upset its participants. The word, or its derivative, "trolling", is also used to describe such messages or the act of posting them.

Christ, even Vinnie could score on these guys. Of course, he'll probably score on his own team too. Its been a while (at least a month) since Vincent lashed one top corner of his own net, so he's due

A goal is a goal is a goal..I'll take whatever I can get

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
2B: Top 5 in the standings create separation from the bottom half. Closest match will probably be Westside-Unicorns. Unicorns past results make any prediction difficult since I haven't actually seen them play. Westside and Sunday turnouts don't mix well. (Apple crisp day is on Saturdays at the home...) However, It will be nice to play on a decent pitch for once. If only we could guarantee a nice day and halfassed reffing. Playing conditions at Montgomery could influence the Richmond -Hvat game. The other three will win in a walk.

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hawkeye said:
I've seen NK and SPH play this year and last year. Both teams were shite then and are shite now. The only way SPH is moving up, is if KOSOVO gives up thier spot! It would be nice if NK meet SPH in the first round of the cup. Atleast that way, one of them will shut up!

I think hawkeye is some old "has-been" - kind of like the Toronto Maple Leafs :eek:

'Rza' Ruddock

Aug 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
This week's tightest game is between Bombastic and Yaletown, possibly two of the most organized soccer clubs ever in Division 2. For some reason though solid sponsorship, scheduling, practices, websites, uniforms et al. don't necessarily equal success in Division 2. Not sure why but there it is.
In the space of little over a season Yaletown has gone from a rookie team that lost its first 3 games and was labelled as "fodder" alongside teams like Real MacDonald, to having beaten well established teams such as Burnaby Fury and Kosova and become a contender for divisional champions. I would argue that is a fairly successful progression. Give some credit where credit is due.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dr.j said:
2B: Top 5 in the standings create separation from the bottom half.
having played all of the bottom teams up to this point(Nomads withstanding), some of the teams in the bottom half are going to steal points from those teams in the top half. Richmond, Unicorns, Nomads, DP Rangers all have the abillity to put together 40-60 solid minutes a game. If that coincides with a lacklustre effort(head up in the clouds...watcher) look out. Just ask the GD's...

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rose coloured glasses

[QUOTE='Rza' Ruddock]Give some credit where credit is due.[/QUOTE]

Aargh, don't say the word credit and my name in the same post! Prank call, prank call! Fcuking bill collectors are ringing my phone off the hook as it is. Next thing you know they'll be posting on here attempting to wring blood out of a stoner.

Geez, a little touchy aren't we? It was an observation not a pisstake. You'll know when I'm having a go, believe me.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
[QUOTE='Rza' Ruddock] to having beaten well established teams such as Burnaby Fury and Kosova and become a contender for divisional champions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those are some really well established teams. :rolleyes:

Yaletown has zero chance at promotion this year. I have seen teams come into this league and get promoted much more quickly,within a season. Those are teams that deserve credit.

'Rza' Ruddock

Aug 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burps - you are missing the point completely, im not claiming that we will be divisional champions, we just keep getting hammered about being unsucessful and shite. Our record this season says otherwise. And when we formed not a single player of our team had played or was playing in any league football in Vancouver.

And the teams that you talk about getting promoted in their first season are usually formed out of teams converging or teams recruiting strong talent. We did neither of that.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just win the side and then whoever wants to talk smack can talk smack..........the team will have every right to.....that is if any team wants to.

p.s.....what smack?

Hard Ballz

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all the chit chat time for some predictions

2C

Yaletown FC
vs
Bombastic FC A
Obviously this is without a doubt where one of these teams continues to contend or falls of the mark. Heaven forbid a draw. That will leave both sides lagging behind. Can't bet against our boys this week but the match could go either way. Training was solid this week and game plan execution was exception in practice. Just signed a new speedster who will help off of the bench.

SPH
vs
Real Deal
This will be ugly and very unfortunate for Real McD.

IFC Z
vs
C- Men
This one goes a draw with C-men without suspended striker again!!

Kosova
vs
FC Sandzak
I don't knwo how it happens but this one ends up in a draw.

Socceroos
vs
Portuguese Club
Roos play hard but don't play for 90 minutes. Jordan has a good match between the pipes for Port.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Heaven forbid a draw.

Predictions for 2C:

Bombastic vs. Yaletown - Well, let's see....I think I'll call this one a draw. :eek: :)

SPH vs. Real Mac - Do I even have to bother?

Kosova vs. Sandzak - Kosova by a few at least.

Portuguese vs. Socceroos - Portuguese over the downunderblunder.

C-men vs. Zawisza - C-men by a couple. We may be missing a striker but just got another one equally as good into the line-up.

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok Ok look Yaletown is a good team and they have surprised me this year and they could take pts away from SPH the next time around.
SPH i don't need to say anything cos their record speaks for itself.
Now my team KOSOVO.We are doing great so far and all i want for the moment is to keep SPH under pressure.As for NK i have a lot of friends there and they have talent but everyone here is waitting for them to drop pts and they will jump on them.As for Oggy don't be surprised if KOSOVO finishes top of 2c. Never say never my friend.
Hawkeye i am just supporting NK i am not playing for them.Kosovo has nothing to worry about.I also support a lot of other teams in div 2
JB's
Bombastic
Singmaster
Belmont and my friend Bandcamp
That doesn't mean i will not do my best against them
Anyway good luck to all if the weather cooperates

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
2B: I can't disagree with Bonefish as concerns those teams occupying 6th - 9th,( or even 4th -9th really...). If one removes the Hangover/lack of sleep factor, then a save here, a call there, mixed in with some composure (read lucky bounces...) around the net could change any outcome. Especially given the condition of the pitches that we have played on this year. In particular Montgomery. This does not even include the refereeing! Perhaps my "will win in a walk" statement may be proven to be wrong? Perhaps, but not likely.
In general,there aren't any surethings, except maybe B united.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
We will have to wait for week 15 for Whack's soccer retirment party after Goldenballs (hi Erion!) slots three past the Hurricanes.
The 49ers have a better chance of playing the Texans in the Superbowl than this erion charcter has of scoring 3 goals on our D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0