Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Division 1] Results & Banter - Sept. 04'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancing Bear

Sep 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: WFC Rangers 1 - 0 Cliff Avenue

I'm still waiting to hear what your guess is.........in fact, you've just stated facts and haven't guessed at all.
However, football is a funny game and I think most people would agree that Rangers should have been promoted last year anyway. Rangers totally dominated Sarajevo last week and due to some strange refereeing had to settle for a draw. Sarajevo in turn gubbed Primos yesterday, so I'd fancy Rangers' chances there as well. Keep your head up......that's all I'm saying. The Rangers team has alot of depth and fire this year......

I'll keep a hold of your reply so you can eat it later, my friend.

Dancing Bear.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: WFC Rangers 1 - 0 Cliff Avenue

Dancing Bear said:
I'll keep a hold of your reply so you can eat it later, my friend.

Ah, thanks but no thanks. I don't eat much nowadays. It gets in my mouth.

No game report, Keeper?

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha...ya you guys are good allright!!I caught the second half of the match and cliff dominated with about 80% of the play.Real unlucky for the orange and black not to pot a couple.Westside did look young and fit and the d held up well but i would not be too worried about these guys.Cliff looked like they haven't been on grass for a long time and need to get back to the turf

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
IFC Polonia 1 - 1 Meralomas

Polonia tied it with about 10 mins to go. They deserved a goal after hitting both posts earlier in the half.

NO2

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright Dap, I'll bite.

I'm not sure what game rikashay was at, but it wasn't at all as he described. "Orange and black" and "80% of the play"? Were you at a Meralomas match?

We played an all-black ;) Cliff Ave side, who started well but couldn't get any penetration whatsoever. The entire first half of Cliff Ave offence was wrapped in a single shot that I, admittedly, bobbled in the wet weather. No harm, no goal. Dom came on half way through the 1st, but made little, if any impact.

The key play, however, came from a Westside goal kick. It sailed over a challenge in midfield, hopped over the last Cliff Ave defensmen allowing our speedy striker to take a touch and slot it in the far corner. Assist: Keeper. :D

The rest of the half was reasonably even . . . say 60/40 Cliff Ave.

The second half continued much same as the first ended. But as time wore on, Cliff Ave sagged and seemed to resign themselves to a loss. Mobes left halfway through the 2nd with nothing to show for his efforts. Nevertheless, the last 10-15 saw Cliff Ave begin to pour it on and play a bit more desperate but our defense was up to the task.

In all fairness, Cliff Ave honestly didn't seem completely up for the game. There was a sense that if they got their heads in the game, they would be a serious team to be reckoned with.

It certainly felt good to come away with 3pts considering how last week's outing against the ref felt like a loss.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
City FC Blaze 0 Indo/Akal 2

Hard fought game in a stiff wind. Blaze could have had a couple, we could have had a couple more, needless to say 2-0 final. The Lakeshow potted both in typical Lakeshow fashion, one on a peno (much better than the Nations Cup debacle), and the second on a rebound off a Harmail shot.

Gilly

PLAYBOI

Jul 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WHEN?
when you were busy hunched over your computer, making one of your 3 million terrible posts keeper.

indo got 2 crap goals - peno was deserved, 2nd -= our back + goalie colided + rebound was potted. they had a bit more posession, especially in the 2nd 1/2....but we had 4-5 quality chances that we should have done better on.

we did show, however that we will be fine this year, without those 2 brainfarts, indo was held in check in our 3rd of the pitch.

good game, we'll be better next time.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze 0 - Indo 2

A lazy tackle by our D-man in the first 5 minutes gave Indo the 1-0 nil lead from a nicely taken PK. The Blaze fought back hard and outplayed Indo in the last 30 min. of the first half. Again in the 2nd half a shite goal in the first 5 minutes off a goal mouth scramble....some miscommunication between our keeper and A-Rod as he kicked the ball out of the keepers hands. Unfortunate and a little demoralizing it seems as we were in the game until that point. A good match and even with a 2-0 loss we feel good about the way we played (especially in the first half) and have no doubt we can beat Indo in the rematch. Polska next week at the grove....

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze rep.1 said:
Blaze 0 - Indo 2
The Blaze fought back hard and outplayed Indo in the last 30 min. of the first half....Unfortunate and a little demoralizing it seems as we were in the game until that point...even with a 2-0 loss we feel good about the way we played (especially in the first half) and have no doubt we can beat Indo in the rematch.

Hey, I wasn't at the game, but from the way you make it sound, Blaze should get the 3 pts. This is a complete debacle and I'll see to it that Azzi and/or Ruben rectify this gross injustice.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, I wasn't at the game, but from the way you make it sound, Blaze should get the 3 pts.

If that's the way it sounds to you...you really are a fkucn idiot. Maybe lay off the crack next time before you decide to 'read between the lines'.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze rep.1 said:
A lazy tackle by our D-man in the first 5 minutes gave Indo the 1-0 nil lead from a nicely taken PK.
Very nicely taken.

I'll admit one thing about the Blaze: they must have the biggest fcuking defensive line I've ever seen. Their average size must be 6'3", 220 lbs. In particular, Mr. 00 :rolleyes: must be pushing 230 -- but he's got good skill and speed.

The least you could do is get him a jersey that fits.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
The least you could do is get him a jersey that fits.
The jersey he has is our biggest one. That set of jerseys is quite frankly the smallest adult set i have ever seen. They are supposed to be tight, i think, but let's face it, we are not a bunch of sculpted adonis's so that look isn't real great for us. Until the crap weather hits and we go longsleeves i assume we will be sprting those bad boys. Please don't laugh at our stomachs as you can see them when throw ins are taken as the shirts all lift up. The good thing about them is that almost evryone has decided they need to be in better shape to wear them. :D

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze rep.1 said:
If that's the way it sounds to you...you really are a fkucn idiot. Maybe lay off the crack next time before you decide to 'read between the lines'.

Dear Crackhead,

If I'm not mistaken, you and Playboi tell us that Indo had "two crap/shite goals" due to a "lazy tackle" and "[your] back + goalie colided + rebound was potted."

In other words ("reading between the lines") Indo did not deserve/earn their goals.

You add that while "they had a bit more posession, especially in the 2nd 1/2, ".... Blaze "had 4-5 quality chances that [you] should have done better on."

Moreover, "the Blaze...outplayed Indo in the last 30 min. of the first half."

In other words ("reading between the lines") you should have scored and they shouldn't have.

Hence...let's call up Azzi and Ruben and see if they can help Team Obesity get some points.

Your Pal,

Dial 9-1-1

PLAYBOI

Jul 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey DIAL 1800-EAT -shite

ur sweet dude. you got us man.......if i read between your lines.................ur a f'n NERD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0