Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1A] Results, Banter & Predictions September, October & November 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1A] Results, Banter & Predictions September & October 07'

the following fourweeks are huge. just look at the games

peg vs akal

serbia vs akal
peg vs westside rino

serbia vs westside rino
akal vs primo

primo vs westside rino

the league could be decided before the winter break

Uzumaki

Nov 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Burnaby is looking very solid now in the second half of the league..having picked up some key players they played westside very tough and if not for some "disgusting" reffing they should hav tied. look for them not to upset but to be the favourite goin into many matches during the end of the season.

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

the following fourweeks are huge. just look at the games

peg vs akal

serbia vs akal
peg vs westside rino

serbia vs westside rino
akal vs primo

primo vs westside rino

the league could be decided before the winter break

Then again it could be decided after the break too.
I still see westside rino on top of the standings in the "A" side............
Looks to me like peg is gathering steam and gonna run over many teams after this weeks thrashing...t.b.c......

Reeder

Nov 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks to me like peg is gathering steam and gonna run over many teams after this weeks thrashing

Thrashing of PFC, it's hard not to when a team shows up who have already accepted relegation. I guess it's hard not to with one point in the standings.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside Rino 4 - 0 Wickham FC

Anyone know the Peg/Akal score?

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

pegasus 8 - 1 Akal......... how did this happen?

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is wickham same team from last year? As I remember they reached DIV 1 cup final last year!? They seem to be really struggling.

Watched Peg Akal. The score says it all. Too bad Peg dropped games early on in season to shite teams. They are a good side, if not the best in DIV 1.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

As predicted at the start of the season, Pegasus will still win Division 1 A. Well done, Reedie and the boys........that is some pumping.......8 - 1. Ouch

LadiesJatt

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think by asking around you'll find that Wickham has not been as bad as the standings show. Look for them to be the spoilers in the second half of the season ;)

srbijaneagle

Oct 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

8-0 serbia over sikh temple and game was cut 20 mins short

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

pegasus 8 - 1 Akal......... how did this happen?

Now this is what happens when a team comes together and plays as a team not as a individuals.Or maybe it is individuals playing as a team.:D
I still see westside atop the tables in this group.Who is up next for a taking to the cleaners?

Sholagio

Nov 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Who saw that free kick in the Peg-akal Game... WOW!!!

Beli Orlovi

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks like a MASSIVE weekend is ahead for the standings!!! Stay tuned!

Akal has Serbian Eagles at home on a Friday night in Whalley and it's now or never for Akal. My call is Serbian 4-1 over Akal as Akal continue their fall back down to earth. Serbian is the class of the Division and Westside better watch their backs as the Eagles have them next weekend!

Sunday sees Westside Rino take on Pegasus at home in what should be one of the most interesting games of the year. Pegasus has been rampaging up the standings putting 17 goals in the net in the last 2 games!!! Westside on the other hand hasn't looked back since taking over first. I call for a 2-1 Pegasus win based on Westside's soft schedule the last three weeks. Next three weeks will really tell if Westside is worth anything as they face Pegasus, Serbian, and Primo in order.

Primo should dispense of Sikh Temple with ease and make a jump up over Akal. That is unless they pull another Burnaby Fury effort which from all accounts was a one off stinker. By far their worst showing of the season and definitely something they'll want to forget. Based on last week's result (apparently their B-Team hacked through Romania 3-1) they will challenge for a top three spot down the stretch. I call for a 5-1 drubbing of bottom feeders Sikh Temple.

Romania can put some distance between themselves and the Fury with a win and expect them to deliver. Look for them to bounce back something fierce from a loss to the enigmatic Primo FC and win 4-2.

The Burnaby Canadians-Wickham matchup is interesting as both these teams are closely matched in the standings but look for Wickham to take it 3-2

All in all the season is getting very interesting for Div 1A. As an aside...if Westside wins out and finishes first, does anyone know if they will be promoted? 2 Westside teams in Premier? Best of luck to all this weekend!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

What a load of bollocks. First you called Primo one of the top 2 teams in the division. Now they're "enigmatic", but will finish top 3? Is it possible you are actually affiliated with Primo and see things through some very tinted glasses? How about since they lost their #1 goalie they've let in 8 goals in the last 3 games... I mean how good can you be if you lose to Fury? Looking closer, it appears in 2 games against Fury they have earned 1 measly point... top 3 here we come! Keep drinking the Kool-Aid!!

The top 3 (in no particular order) in this division are Serbia/Westside/Peg.
As for who wins it... that's anyone's guess, but I can guarantee they'll have one hell of a tough playoff against the mighty Hurricanes.

Beli Orlovi

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dezza,
I'm sorry, can you show me where I called Primo a top 2 team? I said they will challenge for a top 3 spot, nothing more. They have certainly been enigmatic as they have beaten your team, Westside, but lost to Pegasus and drawn twice with Serbian. I wasn't trying to hit a nerve but apparently I have disrespected you or your team in some way. I assure you it was unintentional.

The reality is that they are in position to potentially finish in the top 3 along with Westside, Serbian, Akal, and Pegasus. No need to be so angry about message board predictions, they are all in good fun and I tried not to be negative about the teams.

I didn't know they had lost their #1 goalie but good on you for pointing that out. I guess the fact that I don't follow the league as closely as you do has been exposed.

I am not affiliated with Primo but with Serbian White Eagles in the capacity of supporter. Preference is to remain anonymous as the organization has asked that the internet "smack talk" be kept to a minimum.

You are absolutely correct in stating that the Hurricanes will be a force to be reckoned with come end of season. As I stated in my last post, best of luck to ALL down the stretch.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

What I saw was the two best teams in Div 1A play a great game of soccer.

That would be where you called Primo a top 2 team.

Obviously I'm less than flattered with your predictions of our imminent demise, but I guess that's just the way things are when you are on top... Everyone wants to see you fall. Thanks for making us the underdogs though, it's a role we seem to excel in.

I'm very curious about this organizational mandate from SWE to keep smack talk to a minimum. srbijaneagle and plavsic must be going stir crazy not being able to come on here and re-ignite the Balkan war with crnogorski fudbaler.

Enjoy hanging out in Whalley on a frosty Friday evening!! :knvb:

Beli Orlovi

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

I thought you were referring to my last post when I said they were top 2, didn't factor in that old post! At the time, one could argue, they were the two best teams. We hadn't beat them and they were right near the top. My logic was based on the fact that we beat you 2-1, they beat you 1-0 and we had played to a draw. Listen Dezza, there is no bad blood here. I think Westside is a formidable opponent and in two weeks time when our teams meet we'll see what the outcome is. I think in all fairness that in Div 1A the top 5 teams are all capable of beating each other on any given day. That isn't to say it will happen but you look at the results and aside from Pegasus destroying Akal last weekend the games between the top 5 have been close. Come Christmas break a lot will have been settled as far as who is better than who.

Fun in Whalley on a frosty Friday Evening? HA! No way am I wasting a Friday night out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0