Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1A] Results, Banter & Predictions September, October & November 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerJ

Jun 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1A] Results, Banter & Predictions September & October 07'

Let me guess was it number eight, the sweeper? Primo's got a good team, watched the first half and the only reason killer looked bad as last man back was because the other 3 primo defenders didn't want to mark. The ref also made questionable non offside calls.

Good result for Akal!

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

serbia 3 - 3 primo
primo got 2 goals in the first 20... serbia fought back and got 2 goals within 10 minutes. second half serbia took the lead 3 -2. Soon after a primo player got ejected and serbia put pressure but could not find the insurance marker. With 10 minutes left primo made a quick break and found the hole in the defence and scored a nice goal to level 3-3. Serbia had lots of chances after again to take the lead but could not finish. overall a good performance from both teams.

The only bad thing about the game was the horrible ref. he missed so many offside calls for both teams, it was hilarious. And as for our guy getting sent off, it was laughable. Our guy gets his second yellow for getting fouled by your midfielder haha, what a joke.

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

The only bad thing about the game was the horrible ref. he missed so many offside calls for both teams, it was hilarious. And as for our guy getting sent off, it was laughable. Our guy gets his second yellow for getting fouled by your midfielder haha, what a joke.
i agree it was questionable but he really didn't need to say shite to the ref thats why he got his second yellow. and he would have got the red anyways for going after our player. but yea ref definately made some offside errors. i dont want to be biased but he did his about 4 serb offsides that were cleary on and 2 offsides on primo that were on.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

It is impossible for a referee to call offsides correctly without a linesman. How in the hell can he see the line properly when he's typically 10-20 yards away from the last defender (in some cases even further). It's a complete guess from that angle. And there's no use complaining about a missed call either way because really it's not the referee's fault. Best recommendation is to never play the offside trap and to just get on with it after the call has been made, as frustrating as that is...especially from the sidelines where you can see these glaring errors!

My question is why doesn't Div 1 have any linesmen? Is it simply a numbers game or is it about money. I would gladly pay the extra coin each week to have 2 capable linesmen out. It would be a shame if promotion was granted or lost on a dubious call.

Cheers
RR

srbijaneagle

Oct 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

i agree with you reedie because sumtimes it is a few calls that could of changed the game and the fact that there arnt any linesman is ridiculous. it puts more pressure on the ref to make the offside call cuz its safer for him then lettin it go through. i think it would cause less yellin from the sidelines and frustration on players built up from bad earlier calls takes its toll later on in the game and fights happen which was teh case in the serbia - primo game.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Linespeople would be nice but I have no idea where they would get people to be linesman for games. THey barely have enough people to referee and if they get younger (ie teenage) linesmen how long will they last before they quit because of any abuse they would take. Beacause we all know they will get abuse.

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

i think its not worth it. Premier teams can get funding but there are those few teams in div 1 who cant pay for it and would not want to. The only teams that want linesmen are the teams in the top 3-4 in div 1 because they got something to play for to go up to premier and win things. A bottom half div 1 team have really nothing to play for and why would they want to pay an extra 60-100 $ for linesmen when they could care less about their results.

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

what are the predictions for this week?

primo vs fury
akal vs wickham
peg vs temple
white eagles vs romania
westside rino vs burnaby canadians

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It is impossible for a referee to call offsides correctly without a linesman. How in the hell can he see the line properly when he's typically 10-20 yards away from the last defender (in some cases even further). It's a complete guess from that angle. And there's no use complaining about a missed call either way because really it's not the referee's fault. Best recommendation is to never play the offside trap and to just get on with it after the call has been made, as frustrating as that is...especially from the sidelines where you can see these glaring errors!

My question is why doesn't Div 1 have any linesmen? Is it simply a numbers game or is it about money. I would gladly pay the extra coin each week to have 2 capable linesmen out. It would be a shame if promotion was granted or lost on a dubious call.

Cheers
RR

Fair enough, Ferris. :) However, the linesman are just as capable of making a balls of a call like last weekend........and at the Fraser Valley final.....sometimes, linesmen are the weakest referees?????? Just a thought....

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

yea but difference is primo brag about being first for half a week where romania say anything. By the way, i said primo were overrated cuz they run their mouth on this forum like thier a team whos going premier. If they went premier they wouldnt score a goal.

It sucks when you cant beat the primo team!Maybe they were just a little bit over confident bunch of guys?

euro-11

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

y do u keep poppin up hear crnogoski fudbaler its not like u have anything to brag about ur team... which is jsut brutal... n if u watched the game vs primo we definallty should of beat them... ur team is lucky that sikh temple is brutal cuz im pretty sure u bums would be gettin religated

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

It sucks when you cant beat the primo team!Maybe they were just a little bit over confident bunch of guys?

crnogorski fudbaler is a little jelous serbia and montenegro split up. he wishes he was playing for the white eagles who are undefeated...

by the way primo is 4th and soon to be 5th once peg come up so looks like my predictions about the teams were right.

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

they should close this forum and make a new one for novemeber cuz this one is gonna end up turning into another dicussion about the yugoslav war.

sorry plavsic but i do not play in the 1st division.It is a shame that the serbian boys always have trouble keeping it together throughout the season.It has been stated here many a times the team as individuals are very talented kids/young men but as a team have trouble playing as a unit......i wish you guys luck rest of the way through your journey of your season which seems to be going well for you.But do remember that the college,univeristy and whitecaps(if allowed) are coming back to play in the vmsl if the rules have not changed for them.Good luck to you little guy the rest of your way.........why not get your coach to play the punjab hurricanes?the game would mean nothing except for maybe a bragging rights?;)

srbijaneagle

Oct 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

who says were not getting collge/university players?

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

sorry plavsic but i do not play in the 1st division.It is a shame that the serbian boys always have trouble keeping it together throughout the season.It has been stated here many a times the team as individuals are very talented kids/young men but as a team have trouble playing as a unit......i wish you guys luck rest of the way through your journey of your season which seems to be going well for you.But do remember that the college,univeristy and whitecaps(if allowed) are coming back to play in the vmsl if the rules have not changed for them.Good luck to you little guy the rest of your way.........why not get your coach to play the punjab hurricanes?the game would mean nothing except for maybe a bragging rights?;)
who do you play for?

Beli Orlovi

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Saw most of the game and I can't really say either team deserved it more than the other. While the standings tell that Serbian is far ahead of Primo, the truth is they have played to 2 draws. For Mr. Plavsic to intimate that they deserved to win is to ignore the fact that after 2 games, Serbian Eagles have not beaten Primo FC. To deserve to win and to win are two different things. Croatia deserved to win the 98 World Cup. They didn't. Australia derserved to beat Italy at the 06 World Cup. They didn't. Point is what you think you deserve is not always reality. What I saw was the two best teams in Div 1A play a great game of soccer. Missed calls and hot headed pushing and shoving aside, congrats to both teams for their displays of skill and heart. I find it of particular interest that in both meetings Serbian was able to score excellent goals off of set piece plays. Well done! At the other end, Serbian keeper seems to have spring loaded hands and gives up some dangerous rebounds. Primo too scored some spectacular goals and the equaliser was fantastic! I hope this isn't the last time these two teams meet this year as I think a third match would be very entertaining.

At this point I can't see anybody catching Serbian and the Division title is theirs to lose. They will only have themselves to blame if they don't hold onto their lead so best of luck down the stretch.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's odd...According to the VMSL site, I see Westside atop Side A by 3 points right now, although Serbia does have one game in hand. Kinda tough for Westside to "catch them" and also hard for Serbia to "hold on to their lead". Just my observations. Should be an interesting second half to the season in the race to finish second to Serbia.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside Rino 2 - 0 BBY Canadians

BBY have a very different looking team than the one we saw earlier in the season. They appear to have added a number of Cap college players, and I think they may be able to play spoiler down the stretch. They'll certainly have some motivation as they look to avoid relegation.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

by the way primo is 4th and soon to be 5th once peg come up so looks like my predictions about the teams were right.

Well it's official, Peg is 4th and Primo is 5th. Kudos on your prediction... you obviously have a good eye for the game.

Peg vs. Akal obviously match of the week coming up... let's all cross our fingers and hope for a tie ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0