Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1A] Results, Banter & Predictions September, October & November 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooch

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bby Canadians 'A'
Bby Fury 'A'
Pegasus FC 'A'
Primo FC 'A'
Romanian FC 'A'
Royal United
Serbian White Eagles
Sikh Temple
Wickham FC 'A'
Westside FC 'A'

post here!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Div 1 A

Definitely the 'easier' of the two sides.......but not by much.......

Pegasus to win????? No idea with this one to be honest.

Rollie160

Jun 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Alikira i think that shout was spot on , but should be a great battle for promotion this year with a HUGE game representing the 2 top spots in each division. Good Luck lads

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I heard Club I made a big stink out of it and protested to Azzi, supposedly they think they have a better chance with a split division on a weaker side to win and then have a one game playoff against the other side. It must help when you have Alikira pulling the strings!:D
p.s. I know if Regs had pull he would have stuck to the original plan!:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I heard Club I made a big stink out of it and protested to Azzi, supposedly they think they have a better chance with a split division on a weaker side to win and then have a one game playoff against the other side. It must help when you have Alikira pulling the strings!:D

That's news to me........:confused: I thought all the teams had a vote? Did they not?

Honestly, if it stayed the way it was and there was a playoff at the end between the first and second team, that would have been possibly better

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

ok, so are four teams still going down still?

Playing in one group would have been nice to find out which teams truly deserve to stay in Div.1.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

There was in fact a vote to see who wanted to go back to the 2 sides in Div. 1. Apparently the vote was 11 to 3 or something like that (in favour of 2 sides) and several teams did not vote on time. It would be OK to go back to 2 sides if both division winners were automatically promoted to Premier but that isn't the case this year. There will be a one game playoff between the 2 side winners to see who goes up, which is a little cruel and does not make sense in my view. You could play 18 games all season, win your side, and then lose promotion on one game where anything can happen against a team that you have not played all year and who competed against 9 different teams all season. That's rubbish.

At the very least the playoff should be a home and away and this is what I've communicated to WA. I suggest others impacted by this decision do the same. If it's a one game playoff, I would prefer going back to 1 division of 20 teams, as the winner of that division would surely have earned their promotion and proved themselves to be the best team over a sustained period of time. That sounds like a proper promotion to me.

Cheers,
Reedie

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

There was in fact a vote to see who wanted to go back to the 2 sides in Div. 1. Apparently the vote was 11 to 3 or something like that (in favour of 2 sides) and several teams did not vote on time. It would be OK to go back to 2 sides if both division winners were automatically promoted to Premier but that isn't the case this year. There will be a one game playoff between the 2 side winners to see who goes up, which is a little cruel and does not make sense in my view. You could play 18 games all season, win your side, and then lose promotion on one game where anything can happen against a team that you have not played all year and who competed against 9 different teams all season. That's rubbish.

At the very least the playoff should be a home and away and this is what I've communicated to WA. I suggest others impacted by this decision do the same. If it's a one game playoff, I would prefer going back to 1 division of 20 teams, as the winner of that division would surely have earned their promotion and proved themselves to be the best team over a sustained period of time. That sounds like a proper promotion to me.

Cheers,
Reedie

Definitely should be home and away because of the fact that some teams play on turf and some grass........a 2 game set-up would make the most sense.......Reedie........well said, Alan.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I don't agree or disagree. The main fact of the matter is that the process this year is in place to realign the divisions to improve the quality of soccer in the upper divisions. Teams who want that single promotion spot will have to earn it from the beginning of the year to the end. One has to look at that final deciding game as a great opportunity to prove their ability, mettle, desire and consistency. Making it through will be a great badge of honor. Don't you think?
There is enough turf around nowadays that there is less advantage as most teams will see it several times in a season.

My 2 cents anyways...

leftie

Aug 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

watch out for Primo ... I hear theyve signed a couple of premier players from last year and have a lot of skills.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's either a shot at Alikira or total BS...where you get your info mate? As Reedie has already said, there was a vote via email (one per team), which voted us back to 1A and 1B. Besides, Alikira isn't involved on the men's side of Club I; only the women's.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's either a shot at Alikira or total BS...where you get your info mate? As Reedie has already said, there was a vote via email (one per team), which voted us back to 1A and 1B. Besides, Alikira isn't involved on the men's side of Club I; only the women's.

So a President has no involvement? :knvb:

Smallsy.........spot on again. The one good thing is you KNOW that I will not be reffing your premier team this year. :D

ON another note.....I am reffing the Peg/Romania game this weekend and have my yellow cards sharpened for use. :D

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

So a President has no involvement?
Sorry Captain, totally forgot your new position in the club when I posted that...you were so busy playing with your new Indo-phone that I thought you were TTP about being President...shite...I guess that means I've lost my job now that I've pissed off the President!:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1A] September Results, Banter & Predictions

My new-Indo phone? WTF? :confused:

Just because my wife bought me a cell it's an Indo phone? Tut tut.....

Good luck to Club Ireland this weekend...........

Rollie160

Jun 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1A] Results, Banter & Predictions September 07'

Do we have any predictions this week boys

Akal FC PICK: Akal FC
Burnaby Canadians "A"

Primo FC PICK: Primo FC
Serbian White Eagles

Romania FC "A
Pegasus SC "A" PICK: Peg'

Sikh Temple PICK: Temple
Wickham FC "A"

Westside Rino "A"
Burnaby Fury "A" POSTPONED

Not if my opinion matters to anyone else but i thought i would get the ball rolling this year with the banter. Sure not EVERYONE is goin to agree with me:wa:

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Here are my predictions:

Akal FC PICK: Akal FC
Burnaby Canadians "A"

Primo FC PICK: Serbia
Serbian White Eagles

Romania FC "A
Pegasus SC "A" PICK: Pegasus

Sikh Temple PICK: Temple
Wickham FC "A"

Westside Rino "A"
Burnaby Fury "A" PICK: Westside

Platinum

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Akal FC wins on Friday Night 6-0 over Burnaby Canadians.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Akal and Pegasus fighting it out this year???????? Akal will definitely have a strong team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0