Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results, Banter, & Predictions - October 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:
HP, for the record the league never asked us to change the game time. This is the first I've heard of it. When did you ask the league about this?

IB - I asked the league appox. 3 wks ago to move the game to 2pm to accomodate our team with the wedding or switch the game to any other weekend. They responded that your team has work commitments 2pm onwards and cannot switch the game.

If that's not correct - is it still possible to move the game back?

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 6 predictions...a big one for the Hoops and Army...should be a cracker!

Club Ireland "A"
Binger's Army

Shaheen FC
Richmond Utd. "A"

Pegasus SC "A"
NK Hrvat

Royal United
Burnaby Canadians

Burnaby Fury "A"
Westside FC “A”

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland "A"
Binger's Army

Shaheen FC
Richmond Utd. "A"

Pegasus SC "A"
NK Hrvat

Royal United
Burnaby Canadians

Burnaby Fury "A"
Westside FC “A”

Hope there is some ties though.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans 2-1 Punjab Hurricanes

Neither teams were at full strength. I think PH had 13 or 14 and Lobbans had 12.
Just before the half Hurricanes had a guy sent off, and could see a lengthy suspension for his behaviour. In the second half PH had another guy sent off with about 25min left, which meant 11 against 9. Unfortunately we had a guy cramp up in the 1st half and left us with no subs for the remaining half. We also had to finish the final 20 min with 2 of our players needing subs but unfortunately had to stay on, and literally just stood there. So we were never able to capitalize on the 2 man advantage.
A new ref to the scene, and I'm sure the Hurricanes will feel upset they had 2 sent off, but I've yet to see 2 red cards as justifiable as those. They were their own worst enemies in all truth. They have, however, 3 or 4 extremely talented players. #10, #3, their keeper and the big man up front. They are going to be near the top by the end of the season.

gilzinho

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club 1-Binger's 1

Quite an entertaining game actually. Ireland looked solid and I am well impressed. Club had a penalty saved and were probably well pissed to not come away with a win, but the Army showed some character and deserved the goal they got. I havent seen all the keepers yet, but Binger's man in the pipes has been the best I've seen in this division so far. He was absolutely huge for us today. Big game for Peg and West side, a chance for the top spot!!
good luck lads
:knvb:

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:

A new ref to the scene, and I'm sure the Hurricanes will feel upset they had 2 sent off, but I've yet to see 2 red cards as justifiable as those. They were their own worst enemies in all truth. They have, however, 3 or 4 extremely talented players. #10, #3, their keeper and the big man up front. They are going to be near the top by the end of the season.

The first red, there was no question about it. However, the second one was BS. Two guys collide and when they go to the ground the Lobbans players studs our guy in the chest. The ref then gives a yellow to the offender and a red to our guy for getting kicked. To make matters worse the first goal for the Lobbans was about a foot in front of the line. I was standing on the line and cleared it out after it hit the crossbar. The refs explanation was that after the ball hit the crossbar, it was already in before it bounced out. That makes no ****in sense whatsoever. How does a ball hit the bar and bounce in front of the line and be ruled a goal. Then with about 5 to go our guys crosses it to a player that makes a good run from behind their defender and scores, but the ref calls it back because he was somehow offside. The ref ruined what could have been a good game. I have never seen him before and hopefully never do again. We have had good quality officiating so far this year, but this guy should definetly be assessed and tossed.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting Hurricane/Lobbans

I can only assume that David Lam was not the ideal pitch for the hurricanes and their speed..its a postage stamp...in fact i dont think any Div 1 games should be played there.....mind you the talent and scenery is amazing;)

Poor officiating, poor Weather, poor fields - all factors that teams have to overcome to get promoted.

How many goals does Pammi have?.....he had 18 goals in 18 games a few years back for us when we beat out Firemen in a much tougher Division 1...me thinks he should get about 20 goals in this years Div 1.

Sandman

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:

Neither teams were at full strength. I think PH had 13 or 14 and Lobbans had 12.
Just before the half Hurricanes had a guy sent off, and could see a lengthy suspension for his behaviour. In the second half PH had another guy sent off with about 25min left, which meant 11 against 9. Unfortunately we had a guy cramp up in the 1st half and left us with no subs for the remaining half. We also had to finish the final 20 min with 2 of our players needing subs but unfortunately had to stay on, and literally just stood there. So we were never able to capitalize on the 2 man advantage.

Well done Lobbans!

Blaze 2 - 0 Meralomas

The ref did a good job to control the game as there were some big challenges (some sloppy) throughout the match. Best part of all... is that he kept control without issuing a single card. Good sign of a quality official when he can keep a match under control without having to do 5 hours of paperwork afterwards.:cool:

Lomas were all class after the match as they bought us a round at their GREAT clubhouse. Very classy bunch. Cheers!

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:

I'm not one to complain about this and that - especially in this forum but here's my opinion. The red card for our first guy - I told the ref and some guys on the other team that I can't complain about that red. But for the ref to give nothing on a dirty studs up challenge that started the whole thing is wrong. The 2nd red (which wasn't in the second half - it was about 40 mins into the 1st) is something we're still trying to figure out. IB seems to think it was deserved but your player went into ours - again - studs up and our guy gets a red. Lobbans are a tough team but if tough is defined by hacking and kicking our players time and time again with only 1 yellow card given is ridiculous. Your first goal wasn't a goal - no question about that - it bounced off the crossbar and our d-man cleared it.

That ref was absolutely horrible and lost control of the game when he didn't deal with the studs up challenge. We played almost 50 minutes down 2 men and still controlled this game. Our boys will learn from this and we'll be stronger going forward.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the Punjab first goal against, without having been there, let's be realistic, it is almost impossible for a ref to decide whethre or not the ball has gone in or not when it bounces off the crossbar without competent and qualified assistants. The fact that he awarded it to the attacking team is not really unrealistic. Get over that one. Offsides as well are nearly impossible to get 100% correct so as for the two goals against, it appears as though you were hard done by but nothing that anyone else would have to complain about. Were they the correct calls? Maybe. We're they totally wrong? Probably not. Gotta live with it though.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Three bagel for the Westside mob.
First shite pitch of the season...i miss winterball.
Not much to say.
We were up 1-0 at half...shouldve been 4-0.
We score 2 in the last 20 after absorbing a bit of pressure.

im out

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gilzinho said:
Club 1-Binger's 1

Quite an entertaining game actually. Ireland looked solid and I am well impressed. Club had a penalty saved and were probably well pissed to not come away with a win, but the Army showed some character and deserved the goal they got. I havent seen all the keepers yet, but Binger's man in the pipes has been the best I've seen in this division so far. He was absolutely huge for us today. Big game for Peg and West side, a chance for the top spot!!
good luck lads
:knvb:

Fcuking Gutted:mad: :(

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-0 Pegasus over NK
1-0 at the half on a bobble by the goalie, punched in by a waiting Pegger. In the goalies defence it was a wet affair.
I was running the line on the second goal which was about five feet offside. That one seemed to drown the dampened spirits. Two more were tacked on later by the top quality side on the day. Full marks to Peg who are definately a favorite to win this thing. Not all negative for NK who manage to retain sixth spot and showed some gumption on the day.
On to Shaheen who in our last meeting were bounced out of the Div. 2 Cup quarters by the evetual champs NK. Here is hoping history repeats itself.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
You mean you're not going to let him make excuses on his own? He's great at talking about himself.

You know... its a good thing i was in net... a lesser keeper wouldn't have even got there to make the play... there had to be a foul out there too... im too good to screw up.

Signed,

FCbytca

PS If it wasnt for me it would have been 10-0. Thank God for me. Whew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0