Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results, Banter, & Predictions - October 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
akal number one said:
hrvat beat an injury filled royals team , with embarrassing finishing

disgusting game

You certainly had your chances, Akalnumberone, especially in the first half.....but then it looked like you just sat back......when it was 1 - 1, you should have buried that chance....and they came right down the field and scored from it.....unlucky, m8. Your team probably deserved more on the day but too many missed chances is usually going to be punished eventually.

CanuckFan

Oct 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Sporting Punjab Hurricanes,

i actually had a quick question....ive been out to a couple games and ive noticed that use some illegal youth players, whats up with that?...cant win fair and square?...without those players u guys arent makin it to premier

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CanuckFan said:

i actually had a quick question....ive been out to a couple games and ive noticed that use some illegal youth players, whats up with that?...cant win fair and square?...without those players u guys arent makin it to premier

Canuckfan,

That's some allegation. Youth players are allowed up on permits.......how do you know that is not the case?

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
CanuckFan said:

It amazes me how dumb fcuks like you have nothing better to do.

First off - next time come up to us, the ref, or the other team during a game with your allegations. This isn't Div 3 soccer where we can slide in a player or two illegally. Since you are so interested in our team - we've used 1 youth player (for one game) so far this season. Ask the league for the permit if you're interested.

Sorry to disappoint you - now get a fcuking life.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotato. I was just thinking the same thing. Don't lose any sleep over it though, I'm sure it is just a coincidence.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
gilzinho said:
Bingers 2-Shaheen 3
Flattering score really, shaheen touched the ball for maybe 2 minutes of the second half, but as is usually the case, Binger's couldnt put it in the back of the net. Also, the purple were missing all of their starting back line...3 goals to Shaheen in the first 30 minutes! They are not a bad side, but they cant sustain 90 minutes of classy soccer. Teams like Westside, Peg and Club should have no problems with them.
Now we have a fourway tie up top...huge game next weekend, let the cream rise!
For once though, the ref wasnt a decider in the game! Although he was a bit inconsistent, he did a good job. Enjoy the three points Shaheen, it'll go down differently next time, my promise.

I cant wait to play Ireland...should be a ****ing cracking game!
:knvb:
I caught the game this afternoon and you could try and say the score was flattering, but just as much as Bingers could have notched a couple of more, so Shaheen could have too.

Shaheen took their first two goals well considering they were defensive blunders. Although, now hearing that Bingers were missing their entire backline, maybe that explains the discomfort the back four showed when under pressure from the Shaheen players. Needless to say, Shaheen went up by two and were unlucky not to be up by 3 or 4 before Bingers began to play and get back in the game. Half-time came along with everything evened up at two goals a piece.

Within the first 15-minutes of the second half, Shaheen scored what proved to be the winner and then sat back defending while smashing hopeful clearances up the pitch for their front runners to chase down. Considering how much Bingers had the ball, they didn't create as many chances as you might expect. Shaheen defended well and had the better chances in the second half, but they had obviously exhausted their goal-scoring exploits earlier in the game as they couldn't put Bingers away. The second half was quite exciting with lots of action and in the end, even you Gilzinho have to admit they deserved the 3-points on the day.

With this weekends other results, it sets up quite a cracking weekend of football next week with ourselves hosting Bingers on Saturday. Sunday should prove elementary with Westside and Pegasus each bagging 3-points (just firing you Hrvat & Fury boys up), thus if all goes well, the Hoops will remain atop Div. 1 'A'.:wa:

Looking forward to Saturday!

Burnro

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I coach the Hurricanes and I shouldn't even justify your comments with a response but we have nothing to hide. We welcome you or anybody off any team to come to our game and point out who is illegal. We will gladly show you the applicable ids...Maybe you are just confused as some of our players have graduated from youth and are now playing Men's with us. Some have even forgone their last years of youth as we are looking to make a run at Premier. Bottom line though, we are doing nothing illegal and have nothing to hide. We encourage you to come out to our game and show otherwise....

CanuckFan said:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
I coach the Hurricanes and I shouldn't even justify your comments with a response but we have nothing to hide. We welcome you or anybody off any team to come to our game and point out who is illegal. We will gladly show you the applicable ids...Maybe you are just confused as some of our players have graduated from youth and are now playing Men's with us. Some have even forgone their last years of youth as we are looking to make a run at Premier. Bottom line though, we are doing nothing illegal and have nothing to hide. We encourage you to come out to our game and show otherwise....

Well said, Hurricane Power, and congratulations on a great start to your season.

BTW, the league has now told us that a representative from each team is allowed to be present while the ref is checking the opposing team's list/ID cards before the game. I wonder if the teams know that. :confused:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
BTW, the league has now told us that a representative from each team is allowed to be present while the ref is checking the opposing team's list/ID cards before the game. I wonder if the teams know that. :confused:
Interesting... but I bet there's a $20 representative fee if you exercise that right. :rolleyes:

~Newlymadeorangecardholder

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know it is funny. If NK had won last week against Burnaby Fury (we think we wasted that game) we would have nine points and be one point out of a tie for first. No offence to the Fury. The week before, Westside didn't cross center for twenty minutes when I remarked to a teammate that there was no way we could lose this game. Then Westside scored first and we never recovered mentally and by the end of the game they were looking like the Club I team that trounced us to start the year. This week Royal scored early and we were looking like we would not recover again but the team didn't quit and were rewarded with three in the second half. This is definately an interesting group that will undoubtably provide some upsets and surpises and hopefully alot of ties for all but NK. Lets hope the underdog prevails against the Peg next week.

Tired must sleep now.......

P.S......Not proud to admit it but "The Watcher" is only posting after wins.
To depressed after losses

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
You know it is funny. If NK had won last week against Burnaby Fury (we think we wasted that game) we would have nine points and be one point out of a tie for first. No offence to the Fury. The week before, Westside didn't cross center for twenty minutes when I remarked to a teammate that there was no way we could lose this game. Then Westside scored first and we never recovered mentally and by the end of the game they were looking like the Club I team that trounced us to start the year.

I don't even know where to begin with this one.....ok i got it..."If NK had won all of our games up to this point we'd be in first place" I understand you're trying to say that you let one get away. Two things....your wins were aginst bottom of the table shite. In fact I thought Burnaby Canadians gave us a better run than you did. Secondly...we never crossed the half for 20 mintues?? I think I remember a 2 minute period where we knocked it around the back out of sheer boredom. The delusional comments that come from NK's corner are laughable at best. Try watching whats really happening "Watcher" Don't make me sick the Maze on you and your misdirected posts.

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freestyler said:
If Binger's were to win Div.1 "A"then I think the rest of the division should be dropped back down to div. 2. It shows that the league needs to be reconstructed, bring the quality back to Premier and Div.1 making it much more challenging again.
Thanks for your kind words, I think. Are you insulting our team or yours.

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
For once? Were all your wins this season decided by the ref?

I figured you must have been missing some members of the backline to give up 3 goals.........but then again, maybe the bubble has burst? :D ;)
Only the first game.....just kidding. Perhaps the bubble has burst. To improve on our lack of goals we started yesterdays game in the old 2-3-5 formation and this left us exposed at the back. We are going back to our old tactics and we plan to beat the Irish 1-0 next weekend.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Alkira. We are a young team and have had a great start. No doubt though that the team to beat though in our group is City F.C. We beat them in the first game but they had only been put together a couple of weeks earliar. They are really clicking now and look like the hands down favourites to win it. Being in the race is a great experience for our youngsters and if we can stick around, you never know.

p.s. We were also told when we first joined VMSL that you are allowed to have a representative present when ID cards are checked so teams that are suspicious should take advantage of this rule. Good luck to you the rest of the way.

alikira said:
Well said, Hurricane Power, and congratulations on a great start to your season.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crotcher
You westenders are really high on yourselves I see. How about a dose of reality. First off, you can proclaim your love for maze in person next time, not over the internet. Secondly, You girls will not win this group so give it up. Lastly NK is going to make you no class loudmouth fukcers eat shite the next time we play you. Then lets hear your fukcing drivel.
Fukc You

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to apologize for the harshness of the preceeding post. It was just a gut reaction to the out of line braggado and the bad mouthing directed at NK.
Love Watcher

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher,

Seriously... your initial post was ridiculous. If this-, if that-nonesense is silly to even bother posting. If what you're trying to say is that your team has suffered some unfortunate breaks and will improve as the season progresses, then say that. No one wants to hear anyone's endless little excuses why they're not in first place. As a result, you're just beginning to sound like your goalkeeper when he wanks over himself on TTP.

Choo-choo.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha good one keeper :D not sure what you are gettin at but I don't use excuses for lost games, as for me talking about a save I made than sorry, since I am putting a report about a game and since I am the keeper for the team and make a game turning save of sorts than yes, I will speak of it...if I won't say it than my team mates will...here is an example from yesterdays game

about 15mins before the end of the game Royals had a chance where they had a break away, their forward shot it, I punched it away (decent save by the way :p) and with ME being on the ground another one of their forwards ran on to the ball and shot it over the net, few minutes after we came and scored our second goal. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0