Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div.1] Results & Banter - March 05'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the Akal guys. It's rare to see guys sacrifice their premier spots to help support their club team now a days. I have seen them practice hard at Newton. From what I've seen though there's not many Indo players there. They'll have to sort that out next year if they want to be successful.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo-Akal 1 PAU 2

A good friendly match last night @ Newton Athletic... Both teams sharing a good portion of possession and missing a few good chances each... PAU are currently tied for 3rd in the FVSL premier League... Playing a quality young side that is getting promoted to VMSL premier Div. next season was a good test for us going into the PAK Cup 1/4 finals this weekend...
Too bad Olli and Didar weren't there... Cheers for the run lads and good luck next year in Premier... It's a tough jump, but with a few veterans you'll do well...

Guinness

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 3- Merylamas 1

Pretty uneventful game at Hastings Bowl, with both me :D and Yowen :D playing striker. Nice to meet Dazza and No2, who was actually wearing No3.

See you at Au Bar tonight Walks!!! :D

benchboss

Nov 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
While walking my dog through hastings bowl, i stumbled across the temple vs lomas game. Looks like the temple boys didn't know they had a game today either. A few strange faces out there. Must have been cat boys. But as was posted, pretty laid back game. Altough i did find an intense bochy game (sorry to the italians for the spelling)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham 0 City FC Rangers 0

Watched Rangers vs Wickham in North Van today.

0-0 result. No complaints should be had from either side over the result but i thought Rangers were the better team on the day.

Wickham with 2 offside goals called back and Rangers with a crossbar and 2 posts. Neither squad with much finish but 0-0 was a fair result.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
INDO/AKAL 5 IFC SARAJEVO 4

A lot of players going through the motions today.....we were up 5-1, only to have Sarajevo battle back. I think Elvis scored all 4 goals for them. Still good to end the season on a positive note and revenge an early season loss. Looking forward to Premier next year.

PS/ Ambitah must have had a serious case of the flu....not like him to miss a game. But, BALente showed up after midweek surgery and put in a good effort!! How did the video end up Karnjit?!?

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fiji,

You are correct, unless there is an amendment.

It's unfortuante when one side is stronger than the other. I think they should lump both sides into a single Division 1.
-18 teams.
-Every team plays each other once.
-17 game schedule that won't disrupt scheduling or fields.
-Every game would be that much more important.
-there would be no imbalance, no arguement of which side is better
-Top two teams get promoted
-bottom three get relegated

It appears there will be an imbalance next year as well, a few things can still change but......

Temple
Richmond Utd
Lobbans
Deep Cove/Fiji
Club Ireland
Sarejevo
Polonia
Meraloma
Premier Relegated Team

Wickham
Cliff Ave
Blaze
WFC Rangers
Van Olympics
City FC Rangers
Serbia
PCOV
Premier Relegated Team

If things stay the same it's clear which side is stronger.

My two bits,
Sandman

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Things should definitely stay the same. If it is changed for next year, i'd be pissed if i was a 2nd place Temple on the much harder side. That is unfair to those teams that slogged it out all year in side B and earned the rigth to move sides.

As for a balanced 17 game schedule, it by nature is imbalanced as you would have either 8 or 9 home games. I'd be choked to have 8 home games if the squad who finished 2 points ahead of me for promotion had 9 and played the more difficult teams at their home pitch. Now admittedly home field advantage should be all that different for all of us as we are not getting 100's of fans to games(unless your Indo vs Temple). But the home pitch can make a difference in the style of play and if it fits your strengths or not. I know if i was playing for a fast skilled team and had a turf pitch for a home field it would be to our advantage to play the more difficult teams at our home park.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i like your idea Sandman.....makes for a long season when you have to play the JB's and Meralomas twice (to whom i may add we dropped points to both!)
Homefield hardly makes a difference in our league.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This argument rages here in another thread all the time. Look at the VISL for the answer!!! It's soooooooo simple.

bobby

Oct 6, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bazza said:
Wickham 0 Rangers 0.
Thanks Rangers.

Not much to say other than we blew it vs City FC last week. Watched the Norvan-Lobbans game the day before - too bad Lobbans have yet to find anyone who can hit the net from 10 yards out otherwise they could have easily stolen some points.

Its also too bad the league had to pull a fast one on us (and Norvan from what I understand) in moving the game ahead from Monday to Friday night. 4 days notice of a game change between the top 2 teams in div 1 doesn't make sense to me. We complained to the league but were told too bad if you're missing players, game will go ahead. From what I understand the 2 remaining games between 9th place PCOV and 10th place Firemen are more important. Go figure.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was looking at the schedule as well for this week and thought it was kinda odd that the league was trying to "push" these important games for you guys...

Norvan plays tonight AND Monday now.

What's the huge rush? There's not a single Div 1 team still involved in any cup play (well, aside from 2 CAT teams but that's beside the point).

While it's easy to point fingers from the outside, really, you have to wonder about the perplexing decisions made consistently league-wide.

The sad thing is that this doesn't seem to be isolated to just the VMSL. From what I can put together, perplexing decisions are made also in the FVSL and the MWSL.

Time for a phone call or two I think is in order. I want to find out if the BCSA has any type of framework or plan in helping out senior leagues run efficiently. Bruce Yule is the VP of Senior Soccer but I have no idea what that actually means?

~Regs.

bobby

Oct 6, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure BC Soccer will say all scheduling matters are up to the league in question so doubt there is anything they can do. But you never know. Your comment about 'what's the rush' is funny because I spoke with Willie in February and asked what the league would do if we couldn't get done by the end of March. His indication was that once cup play was done there is no huge rush and that games would get played in April if we needed to.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scheduling this time of year is all about how close teams are to losing their field allotments and this has nothing to do with the VMSL.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shite!

DCR show up @ 1 :15 ............they don't even warm up or even get out of there cars............then just past 2:00 say they only have 7 men and leave. What a fcukin joke :mad: Why even bother coming to Richmond anyways.

Well the Pinnies beat the Uni's in the game to follow with Kippax doing his best impression of "how not to dive in the shallow end" after the winner :D He is currently searching for his ribs as we speak.

~P~

bobby

Oct 6, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
John,

You think you're pissed - we get forced playing Norvan 4 days earlier than expected and as a result play without a couple of starters. When asked why the Norvan - PCOV game couldn't be played Friday night and leave our game as scheduled we were told it would not be fair to make PCOV (9th place) play Friday night then Saturday afternoon vs Firement. Fair enough - just too bad the league didn't ask the Firemen if they were going to show up for their game! Talk about adding salt to the wound.

Anyway, Norvan were deserving winners on the night and on the season. We knew we were up against it due to missing a couple of key guys and when 2 of our players went down within 5 minutes, including our big striker, things got even more difficult. Good luck to Norvan next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0