Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February / March / April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February & March 2006

nothing much positive to say about the WFC vs. Shaheen match. we were shite. i'll keep my thoughts about some of the decisions by the ref until, (what will no doubt be a waste of my breath), the discplinary hearing.
bottom line, we got the result that was needed and this friday's match will see a very determined WFC side out to win promotion.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kaiser,

You make some good points about the game, anyways, the game is over.

Looks like you have three games left to get four points, and if you keep playing the way you guys did on Sunday you may be able to pull it off, good luck the rest of the way.

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oops

Apparently I've offended my good friend hardballz. For the record, ballz does NOT partake in the white stuff. Misinformation from a bad source.;)

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:
Well, you will have 18 chances next year in Div 1.:)

Gurps
That was a bit cruel.

It's great to see that both div 1A and div 1B went right down to the final kick-literally!
There's still the slim possibilty, though not likely, of a promotion-playoff game should Westside tie their final game and Olympics win theirs. What would happen if Westside win promotion and their prem team manage to stay up somehow?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Technically, "WFC" and "Westside" are not the same the official club. According to the league, they are not affiliated in any way. This came about several years ago, when the old B-Men (Westside Biminis) (Turrell, Melanidis, Moore, et al.) defeated AC Milan on the last game of the year to win promotion. The league would allow them to go up (or to sell their spot) since there was already a Westside team in Premier (Westside Rino A).

The following year, the Westside Biminis became WFC Biminis. The rest is history.

What I'd really like to know is what's going to happen if WFC Rangers A gets promoted and Westside Rino A gets demoted. I'd like to see someone square that circle.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper said:
What I'd really like to know is what's going to happen if WFC Rangers A gets promoted and Westside Rino A gets demoted. I'd like to see someone square that circle.

I would've thought that was obvious. Wouldn't it be like one of those tags you used to see, or not see, in All-Star wrestling.;)

But that wasn't what I was referring to, Keeper. What I'd meant was, would WFC Rangers "want" to be in premier should they not need to donate their spot, or would something be on the cards? Now you following?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inspector Blake said:
I would've thought that was obvious. Wouldn't it be like one of those tags you used to see, or not see, in All-Star wrestling.;)

But that wasn't what I was referring to, Keeper. What I'd meant was, would WFC Rangers "want" to be in premier should they not need to donate their spot, or would something be on the cards? Now you following?

Surely, they wouldn't want to go to Premier considering all their players came down to play first division...........There is something in the works........

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

WFC will just sell their spot to Rino for a bag of marbles. Used of course and slightly covered in drool.

benchboss

Nov 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm a little late, Job well done to the temple boys. It was only a matter of time. Couldn't be happier for a team that really deserves it.

SOFTBALLZ

Oct 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

" MORE OF EVERYTHING ! "

Temple FC Victory Celebration bill after 5 hours,

40 pizzas = $ 900
36 pops = $108
8 chicken wings = $52
5 freedom fries = $17.25
1 white rum = $4.30
17 rye = $73.10
3 tangueray = $ 14.25
16 sour puss shots = $76
19 - tequila shots = $85.50
3 -buds = $14.10
5 - Jacks = $22.50
6 - Dr Peppers = $25.50
2 - Canadians = $ 9.40
6 - double ryes = $43.80
4 - double scotch = $ 29.20
1- double vodka = $ 7.30
3 - double crown royal = $23.55
20 - pitchers Canadian = $308.00
6 sides - clam $ 3
gst 4.85
SOFTBALLZ Temple Shirt - No Charge

more of anything ? more of everything !

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

More this SOFTBALLZ!

Hard Ballz

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SOFTBALLZ said:
" MORE OF EVERYTHING ! "

Temple FC Victory Celebration bill after 5 hours,

40 pizzas = $ 900
36 pops = $108
8 chicken wings = $52
5 freedom fries = $17.25
1 white rum = $4.30
17 rye = $73.10
3 tangueray = $ 14.25
16 sour puss shots = $76
19 - tequila shots = $85.50
3 -buds = $14.10
5 - Jacks = $22.50
6 - Dr Peppers = $25.50
2 - Canadians = $ 9.40
6 - double ryes = $43.80
4 - double scotch = $ 29.20
1- double vodka = $ 7.30
3 - double crown royal = $23.55
20 - pitchers Canadian = $308.00
6 sides - clam $ 3
gst 4.85
SOFTBALLZ Temple Shirt - No Charge

more of anything ? more of everything !

I think I drank that much on St. Patrick's Day. :confused: ;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I wouldn't be suprised to see Rino's A back in Premier next season and the Rangers fitted with a new kit, balls, bags, corner flags, suits, tape, and cooler. ;) But then again, I'm not in the loop.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper said:
I wouldn't be suprised to see Rino's A back in Premier next season and the Rangers fitted with a new kit, balls, bags, corner flags, suits, tape, and cooler. ;) But then again, I'm not in the loop.

I hear what you're saying Keeper, but what if Rinos win their last match against Norvan (very possible) and West Van lose theirs against Inter (most probable)? You would then have a Trollups vs Weakside to see who stays up. A coin toss there and alot of ifs, but I see it happening. And I'd take Weakside in that as well, just to complete the great escape. Rangers may still need to hang on to their current gear before going through the latest Umbro catologues, unless there are any other potential buyers out there.;)

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Here's one for you Keeper. What if Rinos stay up, Rangers win promotion, but don't take/want it and can't "offer" it to anyone? Could and would the league offer it to the team with the next best record? In which case could be the Olympics. Maybe there's still hope for the Olympics.

Inspectordoingwaytomuchthinkingbeforebed:p

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Or maybe Lobban's has a spare 5 G's laying around. Persuade Ingo to sell his shop and you'll be well on your way to Premier. :)

That is what you're hinting at, isn't it? ;)

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rumour has it that Rino's will take Rangers spot. Many of the Rangers players are getting a little older and would rather play in Div. 1 where they will actaully get time vs. sitting on the bench in premier as there is no doubt that they would have to add players, all teams going from div.1 to premier do. As far as how the naming is going to go, I'm not positive on that, I'm assuming it will stay the same. According to the league as keeper mentioned they are not affiliated, but westsidesoccer.com has them together and I believe Rino himsellf considers them all together.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Softballz, your numbers have to be off, I could have sworn that 20 pitchers came out in the frist 5 mins alone.

Rumour has it the reason Dave Morris wasn't out last night was he was practising to retain his Bhangra title and this years fundraiser. Also rumored that he will finish his career with Temple just as long as Hardballz stops calling him at 4am to see what he is up to.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper said:
Or maybe Lobban's has a spare 5 G's laying around. Persuade Ingo to sell his shop and you'll be well on your way to Premier. :)

That is what you're hinting at, isn't it? ;)

No, I'm not hinting at that. I was more just curious about what can happen should this situation arise. Besides, I'd never encourage Bludau to sell the shop/open all hours-all you can drink establishment. A possible clubhouse for Lobbans once Wolfgang finishes putting in the new bar;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0