Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKLeveron

Apr 25, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do not think so, but if you do not want to see it. Then, so be it.
Wait, so you are telling me there is a youth attachment when I am telling you there isn't and have first hand knowledge that both South Delta United (Youth) and South Delta FC are not connected in any way? Okay. You must be right since you are right about every other VMSL related news.

BTW, there is no attachment.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wait, so you are telling me there is a youth attachment when I am telling you there isn't and have first hand knowledge that both South Delta United (Youth) and South Delta FC are not connected in any way? Okay. You must be right since you are right about every other VMSL related news.

BTW, there is no attachment.
Let me rephrase the situation. I do actually appreciate the clarification. South Delta FC players are not from South Delta and they were not recruited from the local youth clubs (ie. South Delta United)?

old fart

Sep 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
what the hell Reg..do you put up with this soccer coach crap ..unless it only good for more conversation on this web site...I understand but this guy is so far out there it makes for so much more bullshit on this site other than what was designed for ..soccer ..take the piss is good banter but he takes it to a level thats retarded....I mean special needs....Cheers

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
CCB Guildford FC 4- 1 win over Rino Tigers
Any details?
Romania won over Metropolitan. This means that Metropolitan is at the bottom with 0 points in five games.
Perhaps they are the ones to be relegated this year. What is going on with them? In the summer they had a decent team.

MKLeveron

Apr 25, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me rephrase the situation. I do actually appreciate the clarification. South Delta FC players are not from South Delta and they were not recruited from the local youth clubs (ie. South Delta United)?
South Delta FC is a club of 18-35 year old players from various parts of the lower mainland (majority from the Tsawwassen/Ladner area) but there is no link to South Delta United FC (which is the local youth program ages fetus-17). In fact if anything both clubs can't seem to get on the same page. The VMSL squad only seems to have two teams at the moment and youth players come from all around.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta FC is a club of 18-35 year old players from various parts of the lower mainland (majority from the Tsawwassen/Ladner area) but there is no link to South Delta United FC (which is the local youth program ages fetus-17). In fact if anything both clubs can't seem to get on the same page. The VMSL squad only seems to have two teams at the moment and youth players come from all around.
You have a link just by geography and limited number of youth clubs and VMSL clubs in your area.
It is not the same for us or many of the teams around us. For instance, last week line up included players from Uruguay, Brazil, Mexico, Ecuador, Spain, Italy, Afghanistan, Iran, Nicaragua, Ireland, Canada. It really takes me a while to have all the players on the same page tactically and strategically. There is no organic base for our club or several other clubs like the one that you have.

Stuffey

Mar 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surely if your club has a pool of 11 different nationalities then you hold the advantage through the league, as you can draw upon different tactics globally. Certainly above Delta who may or may not have a youth system.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surely if your club has a pool of 11 different nationalities then you hold the advantage through the league, as you can draw upon different tactics globally. Certainly above Delta who may or may not have a youth system.
I would tend to agree with you partially. As anything, it has pros and cons. There are certain things that they can assimilate easier because they have been exposed to different things (i.e. different formations, styles, strategies, etc). However, other things are really challenging. Once you have to interact with players from very different soccer cultures, you realize that they are not really playing the same game. Yes, all of them are kicking the same ball and are trying to put the ball in the net, but they are processing information in a very different manner.

North Delta FC is drawing from a more homegenous common pool . I am sure that there were a lot of politics in the merger of the youth clubs.They have a natural and organic link and base. Youth clubs train in the same fields than them, and the best players naturally will gravitate to VMSL club in their area.

My understanding is that North Delta FC not only has trained in the same fields than the youth clubs, but sometimes they have even played with U18 teams from the previously existent youth clubs.

In any case, I am really looking forward to the game of tomorrow. I am sure that it will be a difficult game for us. I do not underestimate them.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any details?

They just went in there and said "if Campo can do it, then we can do it even better!"
Haha ;)

Let's see, 2 newly promoted teams pump 9(?) goals past tigers recently. I see why they got relegated now. Still promotion favs??...it's a long season.

MKLeveron

Apr 25, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
You have a link just by geography and limited number of youth clubs and VMSL clubs in your area.
It is not the same for us or many of the teams around us. For instance, last week line up included players from Uruguay, Brazil, Mexico, Ecuador, Spain, Italy, Afghanistan, Iran, Nicaragua, Ireland, Canada. It really takes me a while to have all the players on the same page tactically and strategically. There is no organic base for our club or several other clubs like the one that you have.
But South Delta FC is made up of players from Mexico, Spain, El Salvador, Brazil, England, Portugal and various other countries. After checking with someone still on the team, only 2 players are from the youth club in the area. So you still going to make very incorrect assumptions? I mean we could assume Campo has some level headed people in their club, but after hearing from you we know that is an incorrect assumption as well.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
But South Delta FC is made up of players from Mexico, Spain, El Salvador, Brazil, England, Portugal and various other countries. After checking with someone still on the team, only 2 players are from the youth club in the area. So you still going to make very incorrect assumptions? I mean we could assume Campo has some level headed people in their club, but after hearing from you we know that is an incorrect assumption as well.
We did had a good game with them yesterday. They fought hard. Perhaps the 4-0 loss that they suffered is not representative of the game. They are very well coached, and the players are quite good (in my opinion).

The evidence available (printed rosters, previous friendly games with youth clubs, observed recorded games, conversations with other people) do not seem to support the assertion that you are making. However, perhaps you are correct and South Delta FC is not as representative of South Delta as we seem to believe.

Best wishes to you on this day.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was the nicest goal I have ever seen. As a goalie u like to replay all goals in your head and ask what you could of done differently I don't take defeat well but that goal by Blake was world class
I feel for you. It was a tough loss. You guys battled so hard until the last minute.
For those, who did not see the goal. It was as difficult as the one scored by Van Vasten. It was really nice to watch the goal from Norvan. It was simply impossible to save that goal for any goalie.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Atletico 4 - South Delta Royals FC 0
or appearances are misleading

The score would seem to reflect to a very solid and convincing victory for the Campo Atletico players. To this date, this is score is the game with the widest goal differential in Division 1 this season.

However, this score is very misleading. It was a very difficult and challenging match for Campo Atletico. The South Delta Royals played well and the game was very even until the end of the game. The team seems to very well coached.

Talking about misleading assumptions. I was under the impression that the team was very representative of the South Delta area and had close connections to the local youth clubs. This was my impression from the observations, conversations, and from articles as the following:
http://www.delta-optimist.com/sport...s-on-the-move-in-vmsl-first-division-1.460201

"Regardless of the level we are playing at, the Tsawwasen Royals are always going to be a South Delta team made up of mainly South Delta players," he [coach of the Royals]" said.

.Norris points to the recent signing of striker Owen Sinclair, a Tsawwassen native who any Premier team would welcome ."

However, it seems that this connection has been lost, as the assertions of fellow posters. This indeed would be quite regretful.

The game started with an early goal. In the the first three minutes, the Campo went ahead thanks to an almost telepathic connection between the strikers.

The early goal seemed to have taken everyone by surprise and influenced the rest of the game. The Royals became very cautious. The put high numbers on the defensive area and waited for the counter attack. During possession, they tried to do build ups. Credit given for them as they were not simply dumping the ball towards the front.

They defended well and Campo players could not find the back of the net despite enjoying possession and having the ball lurking the penalty box. Our midfielder hit the crossbar and had a couple of balls going wide by a mere foot. However, the Royals could have found the goal twice. During a dangerous counter attack, they hit the post. We were lucky not to receive the goal. It was a good play by them.

They also a created another very good attack. The ball was pass to the wing. Then a perfect crossed ball to the penalty area. The forward controlled with the chest. He beat one defender. Confused the keeper and then proceeded to kick the ball just above the net. We were lucky again not to receive the goal.

The game continued to be highly contested until five minutes to the end. They seemed to be tired, and allowed 3 quick goals. One from a corner kick. One from a free kick and one from the forwards beating a lonely defender.

Overall, it was a good game. The team is well coached. The players are skilled and work hard. Today it was simply not meant to be in their favour.

Our defense was ver solid. Midfielders worked well together. Strikers took advantage of opportunities.

This win puts Campo in the promotion zone (2nd place with one game in hand). Perhaps a bit unexpected. I see other teams more deserving of promotion. I am now quite calm, because relegation seems to be less likely, which was our main objective. We did not want to be in Division 1 just to go back to Division 2 right away.

If anything, one thing that I want to share is that Division 2 felt more intense and competitive. There is higher skill in division 1, but the intensity seems to be lower.

The referees did very well. They controlled the game. They made good offside calls. No argument with their decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0