Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems harsh, but hey it's a forum mate and you can post as you like. Same as me and everyone else who post predictions weekly or whenever. I happen to think they are of more value and interest than say rambling, manifesto-like, YouTube laden, biased match reports, but certainly, just like those match reports, nobody is forcing you to read mine or anyone else's predictions.

I am pretty upfront about it being just my opinion. Certainly like any pundit, predictions are far from an exact science. If I was truly that clairvoyant I'd use my powers for something much more profitable... Though I did hit home runs on Bingers and Rinos (x3) this week.

We've gone through some rather dead years in here and I'm just trying to keep the conversation going. As for nobody caring, they seem to garner a like or two each week, so I guess at least a couple people get a chuckle out of them.
I certainly appreciate them, for the record. I appreciate them even more when you predict that Campo is going to lose. It gives me an extra incentive to prove you wrong.

As for the other comments, guys, at the end of the day, the unusual results speak for themselves. A top team receiving 6 goals in one game (more than in the previous games in rest of the season) is highly unusual as well as throwing a two goal lead. Perhaps the desire to beat the other team led to errors in judgement. We will never know.

If the Fury beats the Tigers in the next game and Vancouver Rinos beats the Tigers in one of their games and kills their promotion, then Soccercoach will apologize to the Rinos management. Essentially with the 4-2 win of the Fury, the Fury was compromising the promotion of the Tigers. It is fair to ponder, why the Fury did not play rock solid defensive shape that they are capable of doing.

I might need to make it more explicit. The problem of having three teams under the same management is that it likely will lead to collusion. If it does not lead to collusion, then any unusual game (i.e. high score like 11 goals, or big comebacks like scoring 4 in a row), will lead to speculation.
The optics are as important as the actual events.

This is why it should not be permitted.

Either the actual collusion or the optics of collusion do not help with the reputation for competitiveness in the league.

A second defeat in a row for the Rinos Tigers would mean that they would be compromising their promotion chances. I might be wrong and the Fury and Vancouver are really set in killing the chances of promotion of the Tigers, but unless I see the results of they actually winning the games and not allowing 6 goals in a game, anyone has the right to be suspicious about it.

If see the Fury beating the Tigers and Vancouver and they actually ending their promotion; then I will be convinced.

tremy-1

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I certainly appreciate them, for the record. I appreciate them even more when you predict that Campo is going to lose. It gives me an extra incentive to prove you wrong.

As for the other comments, guys, at the end of the day, the unusual results speak for themselves. A top team receiving 6 goals in one game (more than in the previous games in rest of the season) is highly unusual as well as throwing a two goal lead. Perhaps the desire to beat the other team led to errors in judgement. We will never know.

If the Fury beats the Tigers in the next game and Vancouver Rinos beats the Tigers in one of their games and kills their promotion, then Soccercoach will apologize to the Rinos management. Essentially with the 4-2 win of the Fury, the Fury was compromising the promotion of the Tigers. It is fair to ponder, why the Fury did not play rock solid defensive shape that they are capable of doing.

I might need to make it more explicit. The problem of having three teams under the same management is that it likely will lead to collusion. If it does not lead to collusion, then any unusual game (i.e. high score like 11 goals, or big comebacks like scoring 4 in a row), will lead to speculation.
The optics are as important as the actual events.

This is why it should not be permitted.

Either the actual collusion or the optics of collusion do not help with the reputation for competitiveness in the league.

A second defeat in a row for the Rinos Tigers would mean that they would be compromising their promotion chances. I might be wrong and the Fury and Vancouver are really set in killing the chances of promotion of the Tigers, but unless I see the results of they actually winning the games and not allowing 6 goals in a game, anyone has the right to be suspicious about it.

If see the Fury beating the Tigers and Vancouver and they actually ending their promotion; then I will be convinced.
When people figure what others clubs do when they have more than one team in one division is because that is what they will do if they were in the same position.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
When people figure what others clubs do when they have more than one team in one division is because that is what they will do if they were in the same position.

Yes, this is true. @Soccer Coach is projecting his fears of collusion because it is exactly what he would do in the same situation.

Last year, one of Campo's star players was caught playing in both the VMSL & FVSL and when Norvan notified Campo before their match, @Soccer Coach allowed the player to play anyway, knowing that it was in violation of the rules, and not fair competition to anyone. It is very unfortunate that deserving teams like Norvan and Vancouver Strikers were denied promotion to Div 1 by a team lead by someone who circumvented the rules for his own team's advantage.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fury we're missing cen back getting married and left back injury
Right back not recover from game 1
There defence was not the same that played in first game
The game vs tigers could have gone either way
If one questions the will to win
Please talk to Ruben the ref who gave out yellow cards to both teams
One goalie had stud marks on his shoulder
The high score was lack of strategy
By one coach

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
The issue is that solutions to this type of situations have been known for thousands of years. This is nothing new. For example, Sun Bin in his Art of War (not to be confused' with Sun Tsu Art of War) makes clear reference in their stories about horse racing or battles on how to operate with three units. Comments such as "dividing the army into three teams and engaging one team in battle in while leaving the other two strictly in defence" or "sacrificing one horse so the other two can win" have been know for years.

It is nothing new. We can argue all we want and try to send distractions, but at the end the evidence will be in the results.
It does not matter if happens consciously or unconsciously, there is an optimal solution/strategy for Rinos (or any other club, could be Norvan, Westside, Campo, etc) under the circumstances, and so far the first game has resulted in this way (a win for the preferred team over the second team even though the second team was winning).

We just have to wait and see if the rest of the results give themselves to the optimal solution (one team -favoured one- wins all the games until promotion is reached and the other two teams split points through a win/lose situation and not through ties.) This is the optimal solution for Rinos OR ANY CLUB. This way one team ensures promotion and the other two teams minimize the risk of relegation.

Will a model of optimal strategy in warfare and competition be able to predict the results of the Rino's Teams?

I really do not want to speculate why the Fury did not bunker into defending after leading by two goals and engaged in questionable substitutions.
Parking the bus would have been the optimal strategy for the Fury alone, but this was not the optimal strategy for the club.

There is no need to be upset. Just discussions about strategy.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude can you stop with your predictions?Nobody cares and you're so way off you ignorant fukc!

I, for one, appreciate his predictions. So before you say "nobody" likes them, maybe ask around next time numbnuts.

NOBODY cares if you ever post here again, get the fcuk outta here you ignorant fcuk!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Stringer is angry today.

I'm hangry. Haven't eaten yet, and need to feed the machine. I understand.

But...seriously...that happened? The illegal player thing? Was the team punished?

And, I like the predictions by @Canucks4Ever . Its a good read, it's the only reason I check in here, besides to read some pretty far fetched conspiracy theories.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Stringer is angry today.

I'm hangry. Haven't eaten yet, and need to feed the machine. I understand.

But...seriously...that happened? The illegal player thing? Was the team punished?

And, I like the predictions by @Canucks4Ever . Its a good read, it's the only reason I check in here, besides to read some pretty far fetched conspiracy theories.

LOL! I was not angry at all :banghead::banghead::banghead:

But yes it did happen and its funny how he won't respond to it now. I don't know what the outcome of it was but they still got a "pity" promotion so I don't think it went through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0