Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Division 1
1. Guildford 5 games and 10 points.
2. Campo Atletico 4 games and 9 points.
3. Rinos Tigers 5 games and 9 points.
4. Norvan Lions 5 games and 8 points.
5. Bingers Army 4 games and 7 points.
6. Guru Nanak 4 games and 6 points.
7. Rinos Fury 4 games and 6 points.

a) The table shows that Division 2 teams are doing better than expected. Perhaps the previous gap between Division 2 and Division 3 is not as prominent as before.

I do recall the games from Division 1 to be way faster and more intensive. Perhaps it is just a matter of getting used to them.

b) Promotion favourites Guildford, Norvan, Tigers, and Bingers Army will have a challenging road ahead of them.
If the Fury would have managed to keep the score, they would have essentially killed the promotion of the Tigers. It is hard to comeback from three straight losses in 5 games.

Ironically, the Fury might have taken itself from contention with loss to the Tigers. They are a good team and can get promotion if they apply themselves. Is the loss of the Tigers an accident? or is it a sign of premature decline?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
3) There is satisfaction is having the team coming from last place in Division 2 all the way to winning two cups and now temporarily at the top of Division 1. It is a reflection that the training and philosophy of street soccer and small sided games can provide tangible results.

I am aware that this is likely a temporary situation, but it does feel that the hard work of the players on the training activities has payed well with the results.
images-2.jpg

MKLeveron

Apr 25, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
We did had a good game with them yesterday. They fought hard. Perhaps the 4-0 loss that they suffered is not representative of the game. They are very well coached, and the players are quite good (in my opinion).

The evidence available (printed rosters, previous friendly games with youth clubs, observed recorded games, conversations with other people) do not seem to support the assertion that you are making. However, perhaps you are correct and South Delta FC is not as representative of South Delta as we seem to believe.

Best wishes to you on this day.
What is all the extra hogwash shite you are spewing? Printed rosters tell you their names, not their nationalities or previous youth squads. Previous friendlies with youth squads? Certainly not South Delta youth squads. All you are stating is shite that isn't true to try and support your argument. You don't have to prove anything here, we all know you are the lowest of the lows.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach , good start for the season for you guys!
Winning games and scoring goals too, not too shabby.

Rino's Fury and GN with a decent start to the year as well. I'm always rooting for you promotion underdogs.
Still early days but your teams should feel pretty good if you finish in the top 7 by the end of the year. Good luck to all!

MKLeveron

Apr 25, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Atletico 4 - South Delta Royals FC 0
or appearances are misleading

The score would seem to reflect to a very solid and convincing victory for the Campo Atletico players. To this date, this is score is the game with the widest goal differential in Division 1 this season.

However, this score is very misleading. It was a very difficult and challenging match for Campo Atletico. The South Delta Royals played well and the game was very even until the end of the game. The team seems to very well coached.

Talking about misleading assumptions. I was under the impression that the team was very representative of the South Delta area and had close connections to the local youth clubs. This was my impression from the observations, conversations, and from articles as the following:
http://www.delta-optimist.com/sport...s-on-the-move-in-vmsl-first-division-1.460201

"Regardless of the level we are playing at, the Tsawwasen Royals are always going to be a South Delta team made up of mainly South Delta players," he [coach of the Royals]" said.

.Norris points to the recent signing of striker Owen Sinclair, a Tsawwassen native who any Premier team would welcome ."

However, it seems that this connection has been lost, as the assertions of fellow posters. This indeed would be quite regretful.

The game started with an early goal. In the the first three minutes, the Campo went ahead thanks to an almost telepathic connection between the strikers.

The early goal seemed to have taken everyone by surprise and influenced the rest of the game. The Royals became very cautious. The put high numbers on the defensive area and waited for the counter attack. During possession, they tried to do build ups. Credit given for them as they were not simply dumping the ball towards the front.

They defended well and Campo players could not find the back of the net despite enjoying possession and having the ball lurking the penalty box. Our midfielder hit the crossbar and had a couple of balls going wide by a mere foot. However, the Royals could have found the goal twice. During a dangerous counter attack, they hit the post. We were lucky not to receive the goal. It was a good play by them.

They also a created another very good attack. The ball was pass to the wing. Then a perfect crossed ball to the penalty area. The forward controlled with the chest. He beat one defender. Confused the keeper and then proceeded to kick the ball just above the net. We were lucky again not to receive the goal.

The game continued to be highly contested until five minutes to the end. They seemed to be tired, and allowed 3 quick goals. One from a corner kick. One from a free kick and one from the forwards beating a lonely defender.

Overall, it was a good game. The team is well coached. The players are skilled and work hard. Today it was simply not meant to be in their favour.

Our defense was ver solid. Midfielders worked well together. Strikers took advantage of opportunities.

This win puts Campo in the promotion zone (2nd place with one game in hand). Perhaps a bit unexpected. I see other teams more deserving of promotion. I am now quite calm, because relegation seems to be less likely, which was our main objective. We did not want to be in Division 1 just to go back to Division 2 right away.

If anything, one thing that I want to share is that Division 2 felt more intense and competitive. There is higher skill in division 1, but the intensity seems to be lower.

The referees did very well. They controlled the game. They made good offside calls. No argument with their decisions.

Do you believe everything you read? That article is 5 years old and believe it or not that paper doesn't pay attention to Men's leagues. The Delta Optimist writes a story on Men's league level soccer once every blue moon to make it look like they have "covered their ground".

Not to mention that article is so long ago that the club has since merged and many of the players in the club played elsewhere in youth programs and either moved to South Delta or moves back to South Delta. But your notion earlier was that South Delta FC Royals have a youth team fully attached to them in the area; which is completely incorrect.

Sinclair, the player you so brilliantly pointed out played for the Royals back then but quickly left to play elsewhere and only may have returned this year to the club (I can't confirm as I have no watched their DIV1 squad this year).

But yes tell me how you know more about a club I actually used to play for back in the day, still have connections to now and get out to sometimes watch them during the year.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you believe everything you read? That article is 5 years old and believe it or not that paper doesn't pay attention to Men's leagues. The Delta Optimist writes a story on Men's league level soccer once every blue moon to make it look like they have "covered their ground".

Not to mention that article is so long ago that the club has since merged and many of the players in the club played elsewhere in youth programs and either moved to South Delta or moves back to South Delta. But your notion earlier was that South Delta FC Royals have a youth team fully attached to them in the area; which is completely incorrect.

But yes tell me how you know more about a club I actually used to play for back in the day, still have connections to now and get out to sometimes watch them during the year.

http://www.delta-optimist.com/sports/royals-enter-new-year-with-loads-of-momentum-1.2145160
January 2016,

“....What the club {South Delta} is really excited about is offering a top level of amateur men’s soccer right here for South Delta players. No longer are they having to go elsewhere to play......”

"....The club found the perfect additions when Tsawwassen Soccer products Marcus Brougham and Geoff Salt agreed to come home after being established starters in the VMSL Premier Division with Richmond FC...."

There is also evidence that they have played multiple times with U18 teams from the local youth club. These games do not arrange themselves.

Good for them for for forging links with the local population and youth teams. You can trifle over the wording. Over the years, I have found them to be well coached and to be good teams and a desire to provide playing opportunities for the local graduating youth players.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach , good start for the season for you guys!
Winning games and scoring goals too, not too shabby.

Rino's Fury and GN with a decent start to the year as well. I'm always rooting for you promotion underdogs.
Still early days but your teams should feel pretty good if you finish in the top 7 by the end of the year. Good luck to all!
Thank you, Machel.
I think that all the Division 2 teams will do well this season. I do not think that anyone will be returning back to Division 2.
Please remember that you held the Fury to a draw for 90 minutes, and the Fury is doing well in Division 1 of the VMSL. Thus, your team has something to be proud of.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
s-l225.jpg

MKLeveron

Apr 25, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
http://www.delta-optimist.com/sports/royals-enter-new-year-with-loads-of-momentum-1.2145160
January 2016,

“....What the club {South Delta} is really excited about is offering a top level of amateur men’s soccer right here for South Delta players. No longer are they having to go elsewhere to play......”

"....The club found the perfect additions when Tsawwassen Soccer products Marcus Brougham and Geoff Salt agreed to come home after being established starters in the VMSL Premier Division with Richmond FC...."

There is also evidence that they have played multiple times with U18 teams from the local youth club. These games do not arrange themselves.

Good for them for for forging links with the local population and youth teams. You can trifle over the wording. Over the years, I have found them to be well coached and to be good teams and a desire to provide playing opportunities for the local graduating youth players.
Yes I know they have played the youth teams, but do you know the context behind those matches? The two clubs aren't attached in any way. Also the "Tsawwassen Products" might be from the area but that doesn't mean they played in Tsawwassen as youth. As does every team, people who live in the area do tend to find a club that is close. I should also state the two players you mentioned don't even play for the club anymore from what I've been told.

Now obviously being in the area is a selling point because players don't have to go elsewhere for top end level soccer, but the majority of the players on their team are not young and no link was ever made. You made it seem like South Delta FC had a youth team to pick from, and they certainly don't. I love that you think you know everything though, it's amusing to see someone so incorrect but back track so many times.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Atletico 4 - South Delta Royals FC 0
or appearances are misleading

The score would seem to reflect to a very solid and convincing victory for the Campo Atletico players. To this date, this is score is the game with the widest goal differential in Division 1 this season.

However, this score is very misleading. It was a very difficult and challenging match for Campo Atletico. The South Delta Royals played well and the game was very even until the end of the game. The team seems to very well coached.

Talking about misleading assumptions. I was under the impression that the team was very representative of the South Delta area and had close connections to the local youth clubs. This was my impression from the observations, conversations, and from articles as the following:
http://www.delta-optimist.com/sport...s-on-the-move-in-vmsl-first-division-1.460201

"Regardless of the level we are playing at, the Tsawwasen Royals are always going to be a South Delta team made up of mainly South Delta players," he [coach of the Royals]" said.

.Norris points to the recent signing of striker Owen Sinclair, a Tsawwassen native who any Premier team would welcome ."

However, it seems that this connection has been lost, as the assertions of fellow posters. This indeed would be quite regretful.

The game started with an early goal. In the the first three minutes, the Campo went ahead thanks to an almost telepathic connection between the strikers.

The early goal seemed to have taken everyone by surprise and influenced the rest of the game. The Royals became very cautious. The put high numbers on the defensive area and waited for the counter attack. During possession, they tried to do build ups. Credit given for them as they were not simply dumping the ball towards the front.

They defended well and Campo players could not find the back of the net despite enjoying possession and having the ball lurking the penalty box. Our midfielder hit the crossbar and had a couple of balls going wide by a mere foot. However, the Royals could have found the goal twice. During a dangerous counter attack, they hit the post. We were lucky not to receive the goal. It was a good play by them.

They also a created another very good attack. The ball was pass to the wing. Then a perfect crossed ball to the penalty area. The forward controlled with the chest. He beat one defender. Confused the keeper and then proceeded to kick the ball just above the net. We were lucky again not to receive the goal.

The game continued to be highly contested until five minutes to the end. They seemed to be tired, and allowed 3 quick goals. One from a corner kick. One from a free kick and one from the forwards beating a lonely defender.

Overall, it was a good game. The team is well coached. The players are skilled and work hard. Today it was simply not meant to be in their favour.

Our defense was ver solid. Midfielders worked well together. Strikers took advantage of opportunities.

This win puts Campo in the promotion zone (2nd place with one game in hand). Perhaps a bit unexpected. I see other teams more deserving of promotion. I am now quite calm, because relegation seems to be less likely, which was our main objective. We did not want to be in Division 1 just to go back to Division 2 right away.

If anything, one thing that I want to share is that Division 2 felt more intense and competitive. There is higher skill in division 1, but the intensity seems to be lower.

The referees did very well. They controlled the game. They made good offside calls. No argument with their decisions.

Did the illegal player from last year play?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did the illegal player from last year play?
I still do not have you on the ignore list, because I hope that you come around and stop with the fabrication of accusations (i.e. paying players, illegal players, etc). I sincerely appreciate that we have online registration. Thus, there are no more headaches and confusions with other teams and players about registrations.
I wish the best to your team.

MKLeveron

Apr 25, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still do not have you on the ignore list, because I hope that you come around and stop with the fabrication of accusations (i.e. paying players, illegal players, etc). I sincerely appreciate that we have online registration. Thus, there are no more headaches and confusions with other teams and players about registrations.
Go to the Division 3 thread and he admits to the shady operation he is running. Soccer Coach will duck an answer more times than most.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

You still didn't answer the question. I'm not asking about now with the online registration.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
You still didn't answer the question. I'm not asking about now with the online registration.
I have answered you the question. Campo Atletico does not pay players nor does play illegal players. This applies to the last season and the current season.

For transparency, I was having a conversation with a player who was part of the former Campobasso. This was before I arrived. He believed that one player was been payed by someone in the organization. As I said, this was before my arrival and it was under a different management structure. I really can not determine the veracity of the accounts. Perhaps it was true perhaps it was not. We will never know for sure what happened in the past.

Perhaps you are keeping that in mind, because according to the source other teams might have been aware of this situation.

From time to time, we also have had missunderstandings with other teams regarding transfers and registration of players. However, all has been solved. It is very appreciated the new online system and these problems are less likely to happen with new technology.

Currently we have a different philosophy of playing and training. We try that the players learn to play a specific style and a system. We try that they develop within this framework, and do not want to rely in paying players to move up.
If you see our team, not everyone is very athletic or fast or strong or very skilled with the ball, but they know what they are doing with respect to each other. Bringing new talented players (i.e. like Milad) would not help us only the player understands and accepts the way we play.

The organization structure is also different.

I have answered you in good faith. If you are not ready to move on and you are only looking for opportunities to throw mud, then I will put you on the ignore list.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have answered you the question. Campo Atletico does not pay players nor does play illegal players. This applies to the last season and the current season.

For transparency, I was having a conversation with a player who was part of the former Campobasso. This was before I arrived. He believed that one player was been payed by someone in the organization. As I said, this was before my arrival and it was under a different management structure. I really can not determine the veracity of the accounts. Perhaps it was true perhaps it was not. We will never know for sure what happened in the past.

Perhaps you are keeping that in mind, because according to the source other teams might have been aware of this situation.

From time to time, we also have had missunderstandings with other teams regarding transfers and registration of players. However, all has been solved. It is very appreciated the new online system and these problems are less likely to happen with new technology.

Currently we have a different philosophy of playing and training. We try that the players learn to play a specific style and a system. We try that they develop within this framework, and do not want to rely in paying players to move up.
If you see our team, not everyone is very athletic or fast or strong or very skilled with the ball, but they know what they are doing with respect to each other. Bringing new talented players (i.e. like Milad) would not help us only the player understands and accepts the way we play.

The organization structure is also different.

I have answered you in good faith. If you are not ready to move on and you are only looking for opportunities to throw mud, then I will put you on the ignore list.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Short week means Thursday is here already, so time for some predictions:

Bingers v GN
Bingers have hit a speed wobble, grabbing just a single point over their last two matches, though by all accounts they were right there in a classic last week with NorVan. GN have hit the up with two wins on the bounce and will give the Army quite the test. This should give us an idea where Bingers stand in relation to promotion; as, if they want to be taken seriously as contenders, they'll need to win this game. GN have a taste for it though, I feel like they share the points.

South Delta v Rino's Fury
Fury have snapped back to reality after an impressive start to the season, but I doubt they were ever expecting anything but a long slog through the season. SD just can't seem to steady the ship and look a shadow of the team they were last season. Even on the road in Tsawwassen I think the Fury find that extra "survivalist" gear to take all 3 points.

Rino's Van v Romania
The Romanians grabbed their first win of the season last time out, we'll see if it's habit forming. Meanwhile Rino's were well beaten on their travels to Surrey. Romania should be in with a shout this week, but I have to think Rino's have this one circled on their calendar as a potential three points. It's a toss up, but I'll say Rino's bounce back at home.

NorVan v Rino's Tigers
MOTW for sure here as the two "relegated" teams square off. NorVan had all six points last season (really who didn't though against Tigers?) and a huge win over Bingers last week has ensured their involvement in the promotion race for the foreseeable future. This is the first chance for Tigers to lay down a marker and say definitively "we are a better team than last season," regardless of what their opponents roster might look like now compared to last year. Tigers were thoroughly humbled last week at Guilford and we will find out in short order whether this team has the pedigree required to bounce back from such a setback. If Tigers should lose, I think the assumption of their seemingly automatic promotion has to be dropped. Similarly, a win for NorVan sends a message that, despite a rocky start, they do intend to bounce straight back up. For me this week, NorVan still have some convincing to do and Tigers are still the favourite, though perilously so. This is a fascinating fixture and could really shake up perceptions and reshape the league moving forward; can't wait to see which way it goes. As for a prediction, I'll take Tigers to prove their resolve and ambition, but for entertainments sake I'm pulling for NorVan.

Metropolitan v Campo
Chance for Campo to go top of the table with Guildford idle vs bottom of the league Students, depending on how the Tigers result comes out the night before. This one's a slam dunk.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Short week means Thursday is here already, so time for some predictions:

Bingers v GN
Bingers have hit a speed wobble, grabbing just a single point over their last two matches, though by all accounts they were right there in a classic last week with NorVan. GN have hit the up with two wins on the bounce and will give the Army quite the test. This should give us an idea where Bingers stand in relation to promotion; as, if they want to be taken seriously as contenders, they'll need to win this game. GN have a taste for it though, I feel like they share the points.

South Delta v Rino's Fury
Fury have snapped back to reality after an impressive start to the season, but I doubt they were ever expecting anything but a long slog through the season. SD just can't seem to steady the ship and look a shadow of the team they were last season. Even on the road in Tsawwassen I think the Fury find that extra "survivalist" gear to take all 3 points.

Rino's Van v Romania
The Romanians grabbed their first win of the season last time out, we'll see if it's habit forming. Meanwhile Rino's were well beaten on their travels to Surrey. Romania should be in with a shout this week, but I have to think Rino's have this one circled on their calendar as a potential three points. It's a toss up, but I'll say Rino's bounce back at home.

NorVan v Rino's Tigers
MOTW for sure here as the two "relegated" teams square off. NorVan had all six points last season (really who didn't though against Tigers?) and a huge win over Bingers last week has ensured their involvement in the promotion race for the foreseeable future. This is the first chance for Tigers to lay down a marker and say definitively "we are a better team than last season," regardless of what their opponents roster might look like now compared to last year. Tigers were thoroughly humbled last week at Guilford and we will find out in short order whether this team has the pedigree required to bounce back from such a setback. If Tigers should lose, I think the assumption of their seemingly automatic promotion has to be dropped. Similarly, a win for NorVan sends a message that, despite a rocky start, they do intend to bounce straight back up. For me this week, NorVan still have some convincing to do and Tigers are still the favourite, though perilously so. This is a fascinating fixture and could really shake up perceptions and reshape the league moving forward; can't wait to see which way it goes. As for a prediction, I'll take Tigers to prove their resolve and ambition, but for entertainments sake I'm pulling for NorVan.

Metropolitan v Campo
Chance for Campo to go top of the table with Guildford idle vs bottom of the league Students, depending on how the Tigers result comes out the night before. This one's a slam dunk.

Well done. I might only disagree with Norvan and Tigers. If Norvan plays with determination like last game; they should be able to keep a draw.

As for Campo; this game is not as easy as it seems. A team can not be forever losing and we do have lots of injuries, suspensions, and the like. It will not be a whatever game. Metropolitan beat us during the summer twice, so I would not take them for granted. There is no small game in Division 1.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done. I might only disagree with Norvan and Tigers. If Norvan plays with determination like last game; they should be able to keep a draw.

As for Campo; this game is not as easy as it seems. A team can not be forever losing and we do have lots of injuries, suspensions, and the like. It will not be a whatever game. Metropolitan beat us during the summer twice, so I would not take them for granted. There is no small game in Division 1.

I believe we have found the South American Jack the Lad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0