Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daft_Hunka

Dec 17, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heck, you could play 5-a-side at spanish banks because it will simply be a formality once they lose this weekend to ND.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So looks like tonight's 45 minute continuation match has been postponed after Guildford complained to the league about not having enough guys to field a team. Despite both teams knowing about the fixture for weeks it's been cancelled last minute. Apparently they're also looking to have the full 90 replayed with full rosters rather than the weakened squads BOTH teams had that day. The game means nothing for Romania but if I was Columbus, ND or Westside I'd be livid right now.

What's the precident on this?? I believe in past teams have had to pick up from where they left off in these situations?

Tbh it's really all moot to Columbus, ND and Westside. They just need to win their respective games and Guilford/Romania is irrelevent. If ND wins on Saturday Guilford can play with whatever roster they want, they'll still be in Div 1 next season!

Jrozz14

Nov 22, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are always two sides to the story.
So looks like tonight's 45 minute continuation match has been postponed after Guildford complained to the league about not having enough guys to field a team. Despite both teams knowing about the fixture for weeks it's been cancelled last minute. Apparently they're also looking to have the full 90 replayed with full rosters rather than the weakened squads BOTH teams had that day. The game means nothing for Romania but if I was Columbus, ND or Westside I'd be livid right now.

Daft_Hunka

Dec 17, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't see the Romanians holding up the end of season festivities...So I will render a poorly written satire on the potential other side of the story...Here goes:

"It was a dark and stormy...fcuk sakes"

Thorsten Knees

Feb 29, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nah man, it wasn't stormy on Wednesday ;)
I would put it down to game management on the part Guildford. If the league allows them to delay this game, they avoid playing 3 games in 6 days and rest players for the more important game against ND on Saturday. A loss on Saturday makes the game against Romania pointless and it will probably not be played. If Guildford wins or ties on Saturday, they can then concentrate on getting a win Romania when that game is finally rescheduled ( again).

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would put it down to game management on the part Guildford. If the league allows them to delay this game, they avoid playing 3 games in 6 days and rest players for the more important game against ND on Saturday. A loss on Saturday makes the game against Romania pointless and it will probably not be played. If Guildford wins or ties on Saturday, they can then concentrate on getting a win Romania when that game is finally rescheduled ( again).

Not really sure when "being short players" or "wanting to rest for the weekend" has ever flown as an excuse. If your short, ya it's a lousy situation, but most teams have been there at one point or another (just ask @Marcus and the SD boys). You have to make do with what you have.

If I recall, Guildford had their original game with ND rescheduled due to a linesman being stuck in traffic. Perhaps a bit more of a case for a PPD there, but still that's twice this season these guys have allegedly forced their way with the league.

Thorsten Knees

Feb 29, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not really sure when "being short players" or "wanting to rest for the weekend" has ever flown as an excuse. If your short, ya it's a lousy situation, but most teams have been there at one point or another (just ask @Marcus and the SD boys). You have to make do with what you have.

If I recall, Guildford had their original game with ND rescheduled due to a linesman being stuck in traffic. Perhaps a bit more of a case for a PPD there, but still that's twice this season these guys have allegedly forced their way with the league.
I was not agreeing with what Guildford did, they should have been forced to play the game as scheduled , but since the league allowed it, they took advantage of the situation.

Marcus

Jan 25, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im actually surprised the league did that for guildford, but as everyone can tell judging by the leagues decision, its really a toss up between who you know in the league/how someone feels that day there really isn't any set "rules" pertaining to suspensions and permutations such as this. When you can run full length of pitch and sucker punch someone and get 4 games, and then at the same time you can get 3 games for pushing someone, does it really surprise you that the league allowed this? They have no idea what they are doing on a day to day basis and its all about who you know and how much they'll glad hand the league (not saying guildford did this). I don't think you could blame guildford for asking.. but I'm surprised/not that it was allowed as I was under the assumption you had to play your games when and where the league decided especially on such short notice. Anyways good luck to all teams this weekend! Congratulations to the squads getting promoted and we will see everyone next year for winter.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly on NDs end we rather play them with it all on the line still. Yah I agree it's bizarre that they allowed this but after playing in FVSL and VMSL I rather just stop caring about these little things.

Of course there are constant decisions that make you scratch your head and question but in what world is everything "fair." NBA, the super stars have different rules, the NHL certainly wants certain teams to win and be successful. Asking for everyone to be treated the same is like asking for World Peace, it's a pipe dream.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Outstanding win for the lads today. Had Columbus on the back foot from the start.....Tino grabs one against the run of play and Columbus started to assert themselves. Westside weathered the storm and grabbed the tying goal just before half.
Second half was a battle but thought Westside was always the more dangerous and wanted the win more. Winner off a corner. I will say our keeper made a couple of brilliant saves 2nd half but when all was said and done, believe Westside was full value.
10-0 in last 10 games. Outstanding run given their start to the season and a bunch of young lads who have been well coached and came together as a unit.
Great turnout from the Westside family and even certain Premier teams. Disappointed in the odd wanker making stupid comments but nothing spoiling the party. The club and team comes first. Some lads will never understand that. Fortunately, our young lads do.

We are the Westside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0