Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught a bit of Binger's vs Metropolitan tonight.

Binger's 1-0 winners on a goal by their 6'7" basketball player turned soccer striker. He's going to be a handful for most defenses.

Metropolitan seemed to hold off 2 of their star players until the 2nd half. Not sure what the strategy was there, but it seemed to backfire as they could never quite recover from having to chase the game.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting result, Bingers is always solid.

SDFC will have an interesting test on Sunday, our first game back in Div.1 after relegation a couple seasons ago. Missing a couple guys but we'll be ready.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Caught a bit of Binger's vs Metropolitan tonight."

I did not watch that game but I'll take a liberty to post here what my friend, who watched the game, said. Binger very physical, as always. First half evenly played, second half dominated by the students but they really did not create a lot of goal scoring opportunities (apparently only one very good chance).
About the only goal: Right before a corner kick was taken one Binger's player pushed the goal post (my friend was not sure if he moved it out of position), Metropolitan's goalie yelled at ref and moved toward that goal post to move the goal post back (if it was indeed out of place), at the same time the corner kick is taken, again, goalie is out of position (close to the goal post), a ball simply hits that tall forward in the head and it is in the net right through the middle. Coincidence or a well played by Binger's team? To my friend it looked like well executed plan by Binger (to move the goalie to the side and then use the size of their forward and take advantage of significantly shorter students' defence).

On the other note, a lot of people think that the newly promoted Guildford. will be handful for a lot of teams in Division 1. Young, quick, a lot of energy, keep the same pace throughout the game. I guess we will see if any of this is true on Saturday when they play Westside (or Wetside according to VMSL web site).

Also, since when Columbus became ICSF? VMSL schedule lists Columbus as ICSF Columbus (while Pegasus in Premier is now only Pegasus FC, not ICSF Pegsus).

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If that's how the goal happened, seems pretty stupid on part of the keeper to care about the net of it's moorings - doesn't he watch hockey?!?!

:)

Regarding Columbus, that's interesting... didn't Inter used to be affiliated with ICSF? I note they are now called Club Inter this year.

As for Peg, from what I know, Costley and Bahai are running the team on their own and no longer affiliated with SFC (and all other acronyms they picked up over the years)... only a matter of time before they become North Shore Pegasus again... :)

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding Columbus, that's interesting... didn't Inter used to be affiliated with ICSF? I note they are now called Club Inter this year.

As for Peg, from what I know, Costley and Bahai are running the team on their own and no longer affiliated with SFC (and all other acronyms they picked up over the years)... only a matter of time before they become North Shore Pegasus again... :)

I just left a comment under another thread "VMSL rumours" in which I asked some questions and made some comments re all those "departures and arrivals" within the league(s) and divisions.
In my opinion, it looks like a joke with all those movements from one club to another.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Dezza,

What colour kit does your team wear? (for tomorrows game against North Delta) There is not contact info on the website right now.
Just want to make sure we don't clash.

Thanks,

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Dezza,

What colour kit does your team wear? (for tomorrows game against North Delta) There is not contact info on the website right now.
Just want to make sure we don't clash.

Thanks,

Blue or White jerseys w/ black shorts & socks

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-0 North Delta SC over Rinos SC. Zeros at half. A very thin ND line up.
Even the coach played 30 min! ;)

ND went down a man with 30 to go on a second yellow. Very good reffing as it was a just second yellow as our wing back took down a player cutting to the net.

We score one with 13 to go and another as they were pushing with a minute left in the match. They are a hard working bunch.
They had the FVSL golden boot winner from two seasons ago. (Played for Pomo)

Nice to be in Kits on a sunny Saturday with the squad. Turned in to a good Saturday night for our first match in the league.

Cheers,

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza it will be Columbus at the end. Guildford is good but as always they party hard for Christmas. It could end-up in play-off game. Cheers in a New year.
I see old man beat NK, bunch of guys started a new team- NK could have lost player or two.
Best of luck to all the teams this year. You might see Sarajevo close at the top. Div one is a very hard level. Guys want to move up bad.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wake up call for SD Royals...could be a long season. Shaheen were solid and finished all their chances pretty much sums it up.

On another note and heads up for others, there isn't much room at Confederation turf for a 2nd team to warm up on the turf.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza it will be Columbus at the end. Guildford is good but as always they party hard for Christmas. It could end-up in play-off game. Cheers in a New year.
I see old man beat NK, bunch of guys started a new team- NK could have lost player or two.
Best of luck to all the teams this year. You might see Sarajevo close at the top. Div one is a very hard level. Guys want to move up bad.

YESSSS!!!! I was so worried Mr. Base had retired, but he was clearly just enjoying a summer sabbatical.

Already so many questions, like (1) Why are you straightening out Dezza? It was RL RCD who pipped Guildford. And (2) If Columbus is your pick, who's your other pick?? Two teams move up. (3) What could end up in a playoff?? Promotion? Relegation? Playoff between who? Most importantly though (4) How did you get an invite to the Guildford Christmas party? And can you get me one two? (I hear it's a great time...)

Love the Sarajevo shout, they LITERALLY COULD BE close at the top...just like Bingers, and Metro, and Rinos and Shaheen and...

In all seriousness though it's good to have you back my friend, you keep things interesting around here.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to see Shaheen earn a spot to Premier. They have been in Div 1 for few years and it would be nice for their team to earn promotion.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
0-0 at full time out here in South Delta. First half was a little unsettled on both sides. South Delta had a couple golden chances but missed the goal on both. Guildford dominated the 2nd half and were unlucky not to score. Guildford brought a semi pro film crew and 12 subs - too bad.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any reports for the FC Romania v ND game yesterday @bulljive @LION ?

How about you @dezza with the Metropolitan v Rino's match? 0-0 gives you a point out of a possible 6 to start the season... very shakey...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND 0-0 Romania

ND definetly carried the play but outside of a few chances that we should have buried we really didn't create enough. I'm sure Romania is pretty happy with the draw and I was actually impressed as they have quite a few quality players but we walk away feeling we let 2 points go and aren't playing well enough to get promotion at the moment.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the 2 matches you've played so far @bulljive - has the opposition quality been comparable to the lower teams in the FVSL Premier division from last year?

salute

Jul 1, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford FC Game Total SDFC Royals
0 Goals 0
8 Shots On Goal 1
7 Missed Shot Attempts 3
53% % Shot Attempts On Goal 25%
0% % Shot Attempts Scored 0%
39:51 Time of Possession 33:04
55% Time of Possession % 45%
729 First Touches 561
8.4 Average Time of a Possession (sec) 6.7
434 Passes 268
60% Pass Completion % 48%
62 Number of Pass Strings 37
4.4 Average Pass String Length 4.0
9 Longest Pass String 7
12 Corners 1
14 Fouls Committed 15
1 Goalkeeper Saves 8
100.0 Goalkeeper Save % 100.0

Here's a little something for you to look and we played in a mixed formation whit U -21 players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0