Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So we are talking 20 or so years since anyone has been able to walk through the division. That just goes to prove what @big gk is saying (and he would know...did you saying next year will be #15 in the league for you guys??).

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think there was a connection between that crew and Clan Alumni though... I do remember the 'merger' between Clan and Columbus...
Yes, you are correct. Both teams wore red and I was blending the two. Clan Alum, Pac 96'ers and Firefighters were all strong that year.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So we are talking 20 or so years since anyone has been able to walk through the division. That just goes to prove what @big gk is saying (and he would know...did you saying next year will be #15 in the league for you guys??).
Haha I would be very confident in vmsl div 1 jeopardy 14 of the last 15 yrs in div 1 and next year will be 12 straight.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't forget the Indo team that moved from Div 2 all the way to a provincial championship.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also looking at that Provincial Championships page, WTF is "Vancouver Westside FC"
I guarantee there's not a single plaque on the Provincial Cup that reads those words. Someone's at VMSL has lost their sense of history.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Found the real winner's list, which includes things like Pegasus actually being from the North Shore when they won in '95 & '97 ! I suppose the Indo Provincial Championship @kurgan referred to was ICST Pegasus in 2011. I'm not really sure you can consider that the same team though that came up from Div2 considering they merged twice (first with Temple, then with Peg)

https://bcsoccer.net/files/MemberSe...astWinnersAdultProvincialCup_Updated 2015.pdf

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Found the real winner's list, which includes things like Pegasus actually being from the North Shore when they won in '95 & '97 ! I suppose the Indo Provincial Championship @kurgan referred to was ICST Pegasus in 2011. I'm not really sure you can consider that the same team though that came up from Div2 considering they merged twice (first with Temple, then with Peg)

https://bcsoccer.net/files/MemberService/ProvincialCup/PastWinners/PastWinnersAdultProvincialCup_Updated 2015.pdf

Well you've been erased from the world's most reliable souce: Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Columbia_Provincial_Soccer_Championship

Guess there's still some bad blood there...so much for the past being unalterable...

To be fair though if you click the Westside FC hyperlink on that list it takes you to a page about a team in Queensland, Aus. Pretty impressive that they have amassed 3 BC Prov cups, the travel's a real killer. Gotta be impressed with that kind of commitment from the player and the club! ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

https://bcsoccer.net/files/MemberService/ProvincialCup/PastWinners/PastWinnersAdultProvincialCup_Updated 2015.pdf
1994 - Not on File

No one likes Metro Ford, not even BC Soccer... pretty sure Higgsy had something to do with that omission.

#KennyJenkins

@djones

:)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, not really other than way back then, Kenny Jenkins was on the war path to kick the shite out of Higgsy for something or another (pretty sure he wasn't alone in that department :))

There may or may not have been an incident at the Roxy a year after MetroFord won the cup where the MetroFord name plate "fell" off the cup. Maybe it was never replaced and hence BC Soccer not having it "on file" :)

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that BC Soccer have no official records other than the physical cup itself :banghead:

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I got promoted from Div 2 back in 2000, spent a couple years climbing the Div 1 ladder before making the big show. Spent a year known as RCIU, which turned in to RFC. Div 1 will always be a grind for any club looking for promotion. As big gk said, no easy points.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Start from here and work your way back:

http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/vmsl.85/page-43

TTP VMSL archives from 2001 on - just look for the threads with the DIV 1 prefixes. Some eye-openers in there... just read a go I had at @hard ballz - too funny :)

@Regs, I read some of those old pages and piss-taking was in full effect back then. I liked this gem...

This just in.

Tomorrows Province Headline...Soccer Communities all across the globe were shocked to hear this disturbing news from Vancouver today. Div 1 teams in the VMSL actually entered the....wait for it....DIV 1 CUP.

Loose Canon, you are obviously not aware that a place in the finals of the prestigous Div 1 Cup means automatic qualifications for the Pairs figure skating finals in Whistler 2010.

Welcome to TTP ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0