Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND 1-1 Columbus

A fiery affair to say the least. 3 red cards and plenty of passion. Pretty boring first 30 minutes with Columbus carrying more possession but not creating any threat. Then our player throws into what was going to be a yellow card tackle, another player gets in our guys face after, pushing and shoving, head to head nudge and they both end up with Reds.

The moment it was 10 v 10 we were the better team, scored early in the second half on a great build up and nice finish. Columbus had nothing going until Deblasio stripped our center midfielder on what looked to be a clear hand ball then rocketed one from 30 yards to tie it at 1.

Columbus almost scored again but somehow hit two cross bars and the third shot hit our keeper who lay on it. Their player comes in late to try and poke it free kicking our keeper, little melee ensues as it always does when someone takes a wack on your keeper. Pushing and shoveing and then one of their players, I'll leave his name out of it, runs 15 yards and sucker punches a 19 year old. Biggest guy on the field against one of the smallest. Most definetly going to lose his front tooth as it was hanging by a thread. Probably the most classless thing I have ever witnessed on a soccer field. He gets a red and its 10v9 the last 20 minutes. We found a goal only for it to be called back on a dubious offside call. Game ends 1-1.

Honestly just found some guys attitude and conduct completely classless. End of the day it's a "game" tempers flair I understand but running and blindsiding a guy is assault. Then having players defending it after, just classless. Just not what sport is supposed to be about.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pushing and shoveing and then one of their players, I'll leave his name out of it, runs 15 yards and sucker punches a 19 year old. Biggest guy on the field against one of the smallest. Most definetly going to lose his front tooth as it was hanging by a thread. Probably the most classless thing I have ever witnessed on a soccer field. He gets a red and its 10v9 the last 20 minutes.

So....Poli??

Marcus

Jan 25, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Id be surprised if its Poli... sounds more like Columbus' other big centre back I'm not sure of his name but he's a wagon. I wouldn't put it past 90% of that team to sucker someone, they are well known for being classless

Jrozz14

Nov 22, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final score for Guildford Vs Metro was 1-0 Guildford, quite a fierce game to watch but, Guildford seemed to have more determination within the first 20 mins of the half as they got a header into the net but, the ref disallowed it. They were able to get one in again later at the 35th minute and it was just a constant battle between the two teams after that. Guildford had to make a goalie substitution due to a unclear hit in the penalty area after a cross in the last 8 minutes of the game. Ended up dislocating his shoulder so we all watched as someone had to pop it back in. That was it for excitement after that.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Id be surprised if its Poli... sounds more like Columbus' other big centre back I'm not sure of his name but he's a wagon. I wouldn't put it past 90% of that team to sucker someone, they are well known for being classless

It was Poli

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
congratulations to romania on remaining in division 1! Our club will not comment on referee decisions regardless of the situation. See everyone next year. Tough luck shaheen and sarajevo good luck

Not to go back to this, but @Marcus without commenting on refereeing decisions, to clarify it was NOT 3-0 when the game was abandonned??

If that's the case I would be rather upset if I was Shaheen and Sarajevo. Obviously always likely to go down and I believe the constitution does give the league the discression to determine the result in the event of abandonment but still. In a game of such importance to essentially have it come down to a forfeit is a rather shocking outcome, especially given that SD were class all season, punching above their weight. To have the season end with 2 games marred by incident, sandwiched around a undermanned drubbing by a top team is tough to see for what looked to be such a feel good story.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The soccer God has predicted a Three way tie all on 48 points
This would make for a great round robin of play
1 Westside
2 North Delta
3 Columbus

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The soccer God has predicted a Three way tie all on 48 points
This would make for a great round robin of play
1 Westside
2 North Delta
3 Columbus

Impossible. Westside vs Columbus in the final round of matches and they are split by 1 pt.

So either they stay split by 1 pt (tie game), Columbus move to 51 pts, or Westside move to 50 pts.

No_soup_for_you

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to go back to this, but @Marcus without commenting on refereeing decisions, to clarify it was NOT 3-0 when the game was abandonned??

If that's the case I would be rather upset if I was Shaheen and Sarajevo. Obviously always likely to go down and I believe the constitution does give the league the discression to determine the result in the event of abandonment but still. In a game of such importance to essentially have it come down to a forfeit is a rather shocking outcome, especially given that SD were class all season, punching above their weight. To have the season end with 2 games marred by incident, sandwiched around a undermanned drubbing by a top team is tough to see for what looked to be such a feel good story.
Just to put everyone's mind at ease: according to my sources, it was shortly after half time (10-15 minutes) and the score was 3 -1 Romania. The game was called by the ref after one of the Royals' players got a red card (2 yellows) and refused to leave the bench. Since it was raining cats and dogs, I'd say he'd probably let that go, but apparently the guy was still chirping and cheering the ref from the bench.
In the end, all guys were probably happier - they hit the pub way earlier than expected... Otherwise, great bunch of lads, the Delta boys... and a great season for them.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Impossible. Westside vs Columbus in the final round of matches and they are split by 1 pt.

So either they stay split by 1 pt (tie game), Columbus move to 51 pts, or Westside move to 50 pts.

Bollucks have get Vmsl to take a point from Columbus for bad behaviour vs north delta

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bollucks have get Vmsl to take a point from Columbus for bad behaviour vs north delta

You could still get a 3-way playoff for 2nd place if:

Columbus beat Westside
ND beat and tie Guildford
Guildford beat Romania

That would leave Westside, ND, and Guildford on 46 pts

Also in looking at those permutations I just realized Columbus just need a tie with Westside to guarantee their promotion.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any guy who runs 15 yards and sucker punches someone should be charged with assault, if that in fact is what happened.

No 'boys will be boys' and 'tempers run high' bullshit.

Most of the guys in this league have to show up for work on Monday. Many have families. I see guys in their 30s sometimes getting all aggro and I think: 'dude, what would your kid think if he/she saw you acting like this?'

Not much.

Chateaux

Nov 1, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND 1-1 Columbus

A fiery affair to say the least. 3 red cards and plenty of passion. Pretty boring first 30 minutes with Columbus carrying more possession but not creating any threat. Then our player throws into what was going to be a yellow card tackle, another player gets in our guys face after, pushing and shoving, head to head nudge and they both end up with Reds.

The moment it was 10 v 10 we were the better team, scored early in the second half on a great build up and nice finish. Columbus had nothing going until Deblasio stripped our center midfielder on what looked to be a clear hand ball then rocketed one from 30 yards to tie it at 1.

Columbus almost scored again but somehow hit two cross bars and the third shot hit our keeper who lay on it. Their player comes in late to try and poke it free kicking our keeper, little melee ensues as it always does when someone takes a wack on your keeper. Pushing and shoveing and then one of their players, I'll leave his name out of it, runs 15 yards and sucker punches a 19 year old. Biggest guy on the field against one of the smallest. Most definetly going to lose his front tooth as it was hanging by a thread. Probably the most classless thing I have ever witnessed on a soccer field. He gets a red and its 10v9 the last 20 minutes. We found a goal only for it to be called back on a dubious offside call. Game ends 1-1.

Honestly just found some guys attitude and conduct completely classless. End of the day it's a "game" tempers flair I understand but running and blindsiding a guy is assault. Then having players defending it after, just classless. Just not what sport is supposed to be about.

That player should be banned from playing VMSL

Marcus

Jan 25, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's about right soup, tough for the guys to really pull for anything with nothing to play for. Romania needed the points and they were the better team on the night. And yes our season did somewhat fizzle out poorly but the lads will reset for next year and hopefully build on our position. We enjoyed the season but looking forward to a few months off for sure!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had a game several years ago where a steroid monkey, who was already tossed from the game and on the sidelines, ran 100 yards onto the field when a skirmish broke out, and drove his head into our players temple knocking him out and sending him to hospital. I called the cops and followed the player off the park as he tried to flee. Cops came, took statements etc. Our player tried to press charges and the details are escaping me but it was almost impossible to get a charge to stick. He dropped it. It was a bunch of Alemania guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0