Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
An interesting week ahead in Div 1. Once again none of the top 4 will clash (and next week's Guilford/North Delta showdown Part 1 will be postponed due to the Imperial Cup) so it is a case of holding serve as everyone tries not to be the first to blink in the promotion race.

Guilford and Westside have Sarajevo and Shaheen respectively. Both team are desperate for points in the relegation battle with their only remaining fixture after this week being a titantic head-to-head 6 pointer. So a pair of motivated teams should provide a decent challenge to their top table opponents. North Delta mean while has recent Premier upsetters Bingers. The Army are never ones to just "play out" the schedule and will no doubt give the south Fraser boys a good run out. Columbus look to have the easiest game on paper this week, given that Metropolitan have done just about enough to be safe. That being said, Students were a bogey team for the Italians earlier this year, holding them to a 0-0. Should be fun to see if anyone gives an inch this weekend.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have not seen so much still at stake so late in the season in years. Romania might have an advantage in that they hav games in hand and could meet an uninspired squad somewhere along the line but I think their will be some very good games.

Marcus

Jan 25, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup an amazing amount to play for still. I would say most of the teams in the division are either battling to beat relegation or trying to win promotion, with 3-4 games to go. Looking forward to seeing the results!

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Umbus coach for helping get the game balls. But we could of had 2 extra hours and not found the equalizer. Now we shift from promotion spoiler to relegation spoiler.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Umbus coach for helping get the game balls. But we could of had 2 extra hours and not found the equalizer. Now we shift from promotion spoiler to relegation spoiler.

Hahaha I made it out to see some of this game and @big gk was in fine form both in terms of play and chatter. His shout of "hey Columbus guy can you get the ball for us" was class.

As for the game it didn't match up well for the Army. ND is all about speed and it was one way traffic. It took 2 goal posts and a spectacular double save sequence off a free kick from @big gk to keep the scoreline this close. A couple of fleeting half chances for the Binger's tall lad up front but nothing that ever looked truly threatening.

ND the first to hold serve this weekend, Columbus and Guilford up next.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford/Sarajevo 2-2. Reuben found a way to impact another game with three extremely questionable reds shown to Sarajevo.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually a very good ref. Calls the game as it should be. Keep your mouth quiet and you will be fine. Protects skilled players from being kicked on by goons.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford/Sarajevo 2-2. Reuben found a way to impact another game with three extremely questionable reds shown to Sarajevo.

Wow Sarajevo played with 8 men and still hung on for a draw? More relevant Guilford dropped points against 8 men!!?

More details please.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I started watching after Sarajevo had gone down a man. I missed the incident but Guildford made it 1-0 shortly after. Sarajevo scored a nice header right before half and were up 2-1 in the second half when I left playing with 10 men. Guildford were missing a few players but are lucky to get any points out of that game from what I saw.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow Sarajevo played with 8 men and still hung on for a draw? More relevant Guilford dropped points against 8 men!!?

More details please.

Absolutely bizarre game. One of Guildfords players took a bad knock, was gushing heavily and has to leave the field. No foul was called, as play resumed, there was a seemingly harmless foul that the ref deemed to be a red.

Guildford took advantage went up 1-0, Sarajevo responded to tie it, the second red assessed to saravejo was a double yellow in the span of a minute. The player was off the field when he was shown the second yellow so saravejo did not go down a man.

Saravejo then went up 2-1, Guildford responded to make it 2-2 and the final red was given for something that was said to the linesman. Strange to say the least.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So it is Guilford who are first to blink in the promotion race. They can no longer simply win out and win the title, that is now in the hands of Columbus. The Div 2 wonderkids are still in good position however, as if they win out they will pass North Delta and Westside OR if Columbus slip up anywhere they will be back on top.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND vs Columbus March 5th
ND vs Guildford March 12th
ND vs Guildford March 19th

It's all there for ND to lose :)

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND vs Columbus March 5th
ND vs Guildford March 12th
ND vs Guildford March 19th

It's all there for ND to lose :)

I believe your last sentience is a "glass half empty" type statement.

The glass is looking quite full in my eyes. ;)

Some massive games coming up, and the sun is starting to come out. Going to be a good 4-6 matches ahead. This is why we play. God bless this sport.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another "hold serve" weekend for the top of the table as Westside and Columbus look to avoid disasterous slip ups.

More interesting at the bottom though as we may finally have our first relegated team. Shaheen MUST win vs Sarajevo as both teams finish out their schedules. However, in reality a Shaheen win likely just dooms BOTH them and Sarajevo. It could all be moot for Shaheen by Sunday though, if Romania are able to pick up the 3 pts vs. Bingers at Memorial Saturday. Either way after this weekend the Romanians will know exactly how many points they will require from their remaining games to stay in the league.

Worth noting that a Sarajevo win would potentially drag both Rinos and Metro into a surprise relgation battle, only furthering the quagmire at the bottom of the league (to match the one at the top one supposes...).

Marcus

Jan 25, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Id like to say we would've given westside a shot but we are maybe only going to field 2-3 regulars. We have about 5 guys suspended as far as I know,2 of which are on the website with a further 3 more not shown yet from last week. We are also missing another 3-4 guys for the game for commitments, so I don't think westside is going to have any troubles this weekend. I was looking forward to the game against westside but all of our best players are suspended go figure, and our squad is quite short on depth so it might be an ugly scoreline but we have nothing to play for so its all on westside to kick our butts. Good luck to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0