Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Id like to say we would've given westside a shot but we are maybe only going to field 2-3 regulars. We have about 5 guys suspended as far as I know,2 of which are on the website with a further 3 more not shown yet from last week. We are also missing another 3-4 guys for the game for commitments, so I don't think westside is going to have any troubles this weekend. I was looking forward to the game against westside but all of our best players are suspended go figure, and our squad is quite short on depth so it might be an ugly scoreline but we have nothing to play for so its all on westside to kick our butts. Good luck to them

What happened last week vs Akal?

EDIT: also what happened vs Sarajevo that lead to 2 guys being banned for 2 games?

Marcus

Jan 25, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
The sarajevo suspensions were strictly two of our players accumulating too many yellows over the course of the season, and well the akal game was an absolute gong show. The referee who I've never seen before should not be refereeing in my opinion he had absolutely no control of the game. Some dubious penalty calls and phantom calls for both teams left everyone playing frustrated which all boiled down right in the last minute when one of our players went into a tackle won the ball mind you but i would say he was a bit aggressive and the akal player took offence and ran at him and went for the kung fu kick... obviously mayhem ensued as the akal bench (which was close to the initial tussle) cleared out and onto the pitch in record time.. Our manager/player Alex was then ran at from behind while trying to help an akal player up and was completely decked in the back, I guess this akal defender who ran the length of the pitch to do this, thought he was attempting to fight the guy on the ground?? anyways shocking that you would not only attack someone but then do it from behind and blindside the guy when he was trying to calm the situation and help the other team out.. go figure. Anyways nothing really worse happened after that other then myself and another player from our team getting red carded for letting the ref know he was doing a terrible job.. :wa: he was clearly rattled and was tossing reds out at anyone who even spoke at him so i have no idea how many reds akal got but I don't think they got 3 like we did. Which is funny because none of our players hit anyone or cleared off the bench for a brawl.. Pretty classy bunch there. So we are still unsure of what is happening our coach and manager both wrote reports into the league as I'm sure maybe akals coach did? so thats why I'm unsure of what is actually happening with regard to a few of our suspensions. The referee refused to give us him name and I don't want to name names here as well I don't want to instigate the situation any further but thats the just of it. That game was not worth the hassle that ensued thats for sure, which is surprising because our first game versus akal was not in any way bad natured.

Rino's Hat

Nov 22, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
i have no idea how many reds akal got but I don't think they got 3 like we did.

Akal potentially missing a number of players then come the Romania game when the league sorts it all out. They have 1 suspension posted as it stands.

SDFC suspensions will be more than 1 game most likely if straight reds, so they will be missing guys against Romania too.

That leaves Romania to play 2 under strength teams who have nothing to play for, and Akal have a 3 week gap til their Romania game, so should be rusty or rested depending on how you see it. Other games are Bingers (also nothing to play for) and Guildford (likely everything to play for).

Can see Romania passing the important 17pt mark easy enough, and then can they reach what seems to be the magic number, 20pts

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Id like to say we would've given westside a shot but we are maybe only going to field 2-3 regulars. We have about 5 guys suspended as far as I know,2 of which are on the website with a further 3 more not shown yet from last week. We are also missing another 3-4 guys for the game for commitments, so I don't think westside is going to have any troubles this weekend. I was looking forward to the game against westside but all of our best players are suspended go figure, and our squad is quite short on depth so it might be an ugly scoreline but we have nothing to play for so its all on westside to kick our butts. Good luck to them
If I recall correctly...the suspension may not kick in till the following week so you might have the lads with 3 yellow cards available. Last time I had 3 yellows I played the following week and then my name was on the list after that.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I recall correctly...the suspension may not kick in till the following week so you might have the lads with 3 yellow cards available. Last time I had 3 yellows I played the following week and then my name was on the list after that.

Negativo red cards kick in right away plus their two yellow accumulations were already on the board pre-cup. Looks like it was a busy Thursday dicipline wise at the office. SD with 5 names on the hot sheet PLUS a coach. Akal with 3 from the brawl and Sarajevo with 2 plus a U21 who one assumes was the third red card in that game.

As for the Guildford coach you would have to think it stems from the Sarajevo incidents. That being said maybe he just finally went over the edge, the dude's a wee bit intense to say the least...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Shaheen still alive?

Yes! The ageless wonder that is Babak scored a last minute winner off a corner.

Shaheen stay alive. If Romania fail to claim 2 points in their remaining games, there will be a playoff in the form of a shaheen/sarajevo rematch.

Meanwhile Rino's & Metropolitan breath a huge sigh of relief as they avoid being dragged into the relegation zone

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's an absolute disaster for Sarajevo. A win all but ensured survival and after all the points they had fought and clawed for to lose to Shaheen has got to be just devestating. Now it's on Romania to get 3 pts from 3 (2.5...?) games. First chance is Friday night in South Delta. The ironic thing is this really does nothing for Shaheen's survival hopes. Yes, there is a small chance of forcing a playoff, but really they have just succeeded in dragging Sarajevo down with them.

As mentioned, the real winners here are Metro and Rinos as, following Rinos loss to Columbus, they both only had one chance remaining to survive if Sarajevo had come up with 3 points. Metro's game vs Guilford, which was shapping up to potentially impact the top of the table, should now be routine for the Surrey boys. Similarly, the Bingers/Rinos game is a bit less glossy now that the Army won't have the chance to potentially relegate their old rivals.

At the top Columbus and Westside did the business and ND's loss in the Imperial Cup means we finally get our first top 4 showdown this weekend at Delsom when North Delta host Columbus. The pressure now shifts to Guilford to ensure they don't slip up as the only team remaining with fixtures outside the top 4.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Romania can end the relegation battle tonight with a win in Tsawwassen. @Marcus will you guys have any players back? Website still shows a laundry list of SD suspensions.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some kind of drama out in South Delta tonight. The excellent site shows Romania with a 3-0 win from an abandoned match, and with the 3 points they relegate Sarajevo and Shaheen.

Did Romania actually score 3 goals? Or is that just a score awarded them due to misconduct by the Royals lads that caused the referee to call off the game in Romania's favour?

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some kind of drama out in South Delta tonight. The excellent site shows Romania with a 3-0 win from an abandoned match, and with the 3 points they relegate Sarajevo and Shaheen.

Did Romania actually score 3 goals? Or is that just a score awarded them due to misconduct by the Royals lads that caused the referee to call off the game in Romania's favour?

Nope!

From what I gather, a straight red in the 55th lead to an abandonment, but I do not have all the details. Maybe @Marcus could elaborate?

Marcus

Jan 25, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
congratulations to romania on remaining in division 1! Our club will not comment on referee decisions regardless of the situation. See everyone next year. Tough luck shaheen and sarajevo good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0