Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1] November 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

I dunno Reeder Morris barried a rocket from outside the box
Wow, he was actually able to put it on target. I thought all that weight he put on over Christmas and the fact that he could barely fit into his shorts would have a negative effect on his game, not positive. :D

Congrats to ICST Peg on the promotion. I sure hope the rumors are true VEGAS BABY!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

....there is loads and loads of talented players in the Surrey area, well Newton, yes they have some great older players from both he Indo and Peg teams, but this team will stay up in Premier based on the young talent that comes out of the SFC, they may pick up the odd player, but with Reedie coaching this team, they will do fine.
hos

Not questioning ability or predicting future results here, Hos. Just wondering if Indo/Peg can get away from the crap Sumra had to deal with everytime a player was unhappy with a coach's decision. I hope the mix of players is more solid compared to the past and cliques are not the norm.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapp 3 - AFC 2

The fog was so brutal at times that you couldn't even see 40 yards. I didn't know what was happening on the other side of the field during most of the second half.

1-0: 30 seconds in off a scramble
2-0: 2 minutes in off a breakaway
3-0: 10 minutes in off another breakaway
AFC wakes up
Sapp falls apart and stops playing
3-1: 10 before half
3-2 with 15 to go.

A bit of a nail-biter for sure.

Why is the excellent site showing a 2-2 tie???:bronco::bronco:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

An error on the leagues part.
It was 3-2, I already contacted Azzi about it.
There is no dispute about the score.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks like surrey is going down to div.2. It's a dog fight in Group A to stay up. Who else do you think goes down?

foursquare

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

should know better after this weekend....the bottom four teams are playing each other

westside (12) vs. green devils (13)

GN (12) vs. fury (10)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

No disrespect to anyone else but I hope the Green Devils stay up.......good guys on that squad. :)

Nemesis

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats Indo Temple Peg on promotion and a fine season thus far.

Shamrock....get the suit dry cleaned lad......Vegas baby Vegas!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats Indo Temple Peg on promotion and a fine season thus far.

Shamrock....get the suit dry cleaned lad......Vegas baby Vegas!

The 'suit' will be coming out for special occasions only. Right now, it will be out for the Womens' Provincial Cup in April.....Will there be any other reason to wear it? I hope so. :D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

, it will be out for the Womens' Provincial Cup in April.....Will there be any other reason to wear it? I hope so. :D

Keep the suit in the closet, the only team coming out of BC this year is Slurrey United, 6 in a row baby!

Nutmegs

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry, I thought you were wearing the suit to the finals, the only coaches I have seen there the past 3 or 4 years is, Stevie K, Jimmy Holiday, and who ever is coaching Westside at the time.

It would be interesting if some Hoops made it that far this year.

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is the rumour true that Indo Peg is celebrating the promotion by going on a trip?
Well done, lads, but come on, you won Div1 A, not the provincials or nationals. Maybe just go celebrate with a pint at the local tavern.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapp 3 - Polonia 1

Sapp looked good in the first with the vast majority of play. Jeff Rogers with his 1st of the game on a one-timer from a cross 10 yards out. Polonia had 1 shot on goal 10 min before half. - but it was a rocket from 40 out that went off the inside of the post in the top corner. Sapp replied in the 60th min off a long throw in that Jeff headed home. With 15 to go Brandon Steblin scored from 2 yards out on a tough angle.
I thought Sapp was in full control from the opening whistle but the equalizer had me nervous for a bit. Polonia was physical and tried to play our pace. They kept up relatively well, but really had only the one scoring chance and defended for most of the night.

Sapp needs 1 win out of their last 2 games to clinch promotion to Premier:
Romania FC
Richmond United
We are not taking these games lightly.......

Nemesis

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Whataboutbbob:

First of all why the hate....cheer up buddy.

Secondly, we have pints wherever whenever. You stick to your bun and sausage parties. (ref: BBY lake dressing rooms...post Sapp win Dec. 08)

Third...good luck to you while you worry and focus on your team getting promoted.....while we're in Vegas....having many pints!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Whataboutbbob:

First of all why the hate....cheer up buddy.

Secondly, we have pints wherever whenever. You stick to your bun and sausage parties. (ref: BBY lake dressing rooms...post Sapp win Dec. 08)

Third...good luck to you while you worry and focus on your team getting promoted.....while we're in Vegas....having many pints!

You were all too happy to join in at BBY lake that night.:D
VEGAS! Who's picking up that tab? FYI, the saw mill business is hurting right now.

Scoopy1

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good call WAB.

Vegas is a bit over the top for winning the prestigious:rolleyes: 1A title isn't it?

Indo's already won it like 4 times now and Peg won a national title a few short years ago so it shouldn't really be a big deal for those guys.

Maybe a celebratory trip would best be reserved for actually winning something that counts (Imperial, Provincials, Nationals). Until then, maybe just stick to a WABesque sausage and pints party.

The Big Boot

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Winning Div 1A isn't probably isn't as prestigious as winning Imperial or provincials....but that's probably not the point. Their wives don't know better, to them and the way the boys probably speak to them, it's their stanley cup!... it's a great fricken excuse for a boys trip and one that the wives can't say no to. Any chance/excuse to get to Vegas...I'd be in! I say the Peg/Indo boys are smart!

But scoopy, if you'd rather not go to vegas with your buddies and join WAB's sausage and buns party....I'm sure you would have a good time your wife will be cool with that as well. :rolleyes:

I'd choose vegas though....:knvb::knvb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0