Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vancouver vs. Calgary

Who will win?

• Canucks in four :D

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Calgary in four.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canucks in five.:D

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Calgary in five

• Canucks in six.:D

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Calgary in six.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Canucks in seven.:D

• Calgary in seven.

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, I've seen Jovo do that exact play before. Don't remember seeing anyone else do it, though. Maybe it's because Jovo's family is eastern European (Croatian?).

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LucVanLierde said:
So half the NHL is European, the players juggle a soccer ball before games, diving and hyperbole has entered the game, players are using their skates to motion the puck, and it may have been the 2, 3, 14 beers i had but did anyone else see Jovo pass it back to Auld, never seen that shite before.

Clifford Ronning played for Peg. Teddy Jovanovski once played for North York in the old CSL. Peg is a football side in the VMSL and North York played in the Canadian Soccer League (CSL, geddit?) You won't have heard of Clifford Ronning because you've only 'been into' hockey for 6-7 years (which is it, six or seven?). That said of course, Ronning was the Westminster Bruins first-ever Slovenian signing and Jovonovski comes from Neptune in the Scottish Highlands.

Have you heard of Tom Larscheid? I don't know if your cliff-side gets the radio but he's had a corner on the hyperbole market since the Canucks first started as a franchise. That's approximately 28 years before you 'got into' hockey. Pity you've only 'been into' the English language at ESL level for six months. If you ever navigate your way to contributing to TTP and become a Premium Member you'll see you'll have access to a thesaurasaurus. This will assist you when you have the urge to write a word you've heard grown-ups use. I won't even ask you where you got 'to motion' as a verb. Someone's been attending the Ryan Walter skool of Inlische, methinks. Either that or Sensei gave you one of his make-believe words for a small fee.

May your sun always set in the morning.....

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you very much Cliff Claven. To motion; the manipulation of an object so that it is not in a stand still position. TTp dictionary.

My your british smile be rotting and wretched.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei,

I guess it's how you choose to view Naslund's superlative effort late in the match. I've never been of the opinion he isn't capable of making such plays, just reluctant. He doesn't appear willing to pay the price. Iginla has been driving hard to the net ever since Sutter carved him for his perimeter play after the first game. A true playoff performer will put forth that type off effort more often than not. For all his points, Naslund was practically invisible in the series.

I just don't believe Naslund has the mental make-up to be a strong enough leader for playoff success. That said, they said the same about Stevie Y before he finally won, so maybe it can be developed.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm still feeling a little numb and shocked. It really is too bad they didn't have a chance in OT becuz they would have pulled it off after killing Jovo's stupid penalty.

I really think the difference in this series was the coaching. Crow was outcoached again, just like he was last year in the Minnesota series. The Flames are boring as hell to watch and the only player who can score a decent goal is Iginla. Half of the Flames goals were shite deflections, flukey bounces, etc....Having said that, Crawford did not have his team ready to play for every game and it took him WAY TOO LONG to change his game plan after game 2...knowing the only way the Flames could score was heavy traffic in front and scoring mucker goals. You simply cannot lose to Calgary with all the talent and playoff experience that the Canucks have unless you are outcoached.

I guess it didn't help having Naslund play hard for maybe 1 period the entire series, and playing that fcuking donkey Rucinsky at all.

Props to Morrison for being by far the best Canuck in this series. The Sedinks picked it up as well the last couple games along with Linden, Jovo, Keane. Too little too late.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As an outsider looking in, I don't know why you canuckleheads go to such ridiculous lengths to blame Naslund when things go wrong.

He's second in playoff scoring, ahead of this years MVP (St. Louis), and was only second best in this series behind Iginla. If he scores the winner, he's the greatest captain in team history. He doesn't, he set up the tying goal and now he has to go. He is NOT the problem with this team. If he decides to retire (I wouldn't blame him with all the flack he's receiving) you guy's can look forward to changing your post-season anxiety from the Stanley Cup to winning the draft lottery.

The problem with this team is the bottom players on the roster are not good enough for this team and really let them down in a very important department in the playoffs - GRIT. The "grinders" on this team can't be put on the ice because they take stupid penalties (Ruutu, May), can't keep up with the pace (May, Chubarov, Allen, Malik, Keane), and can't score (Salo, Malik, Ruutu!!!! :eek: Nearly shot the puck in Kiprusoff's glove in game 6 with a practically empty net in the first period). They let the team down, not Naslund.

Calgary's guy's were better - far better and played more throughout the series. If you can't have your grinders out to grind out a result or two, you're not going to win. Not unless you have a goalie that stands on his head for 4 of the seven games (see Belfour for an example :rolleyes:).

Burke went out an got flash instead of grit at the deadline. Klatt and Gelinas would have gotten them through but Burke was too happy to throw out quotes at the beginning of the year like "I'll drive him to the airport" and "You can't win with nostalgia". He's gotta go!

Kolzig is closer to the answer rather than Auld in goal. Auld's lack of side-to-side mobility will let him down like it has in the minors.

Oh well...........................................................next year, maybe! ;)

go Leafs go

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kolzig? Ha, go smoke another fatty. He had one good season and that was it. Highly overated and overpriced.

I think Arvedsson was sorely missed this playoffs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get over it, Canucks' fans......Here's a song to help..

NA NA NA NA......NA NA NA NA......HEEEEEEYYY HEEEEEYYY GOOOOD BYYYYYE........:)

Can you see a happy Hun? Noooooooooo Nooooooooo .....oops sorry, wrong thread but I'm sure I still can't see a happy Hun or Canuck fan for that matter......

Go Flyers!

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One more thing to consider with regards to Naslund. His situation is rather unique in the sense that he and Bertuzzi co-lead this team. They're 1 and 1a as far as being labeled either the "best players" or "leaders" of this team, and until the Steve Moore incident, you could argue over who was in what role on a nightly basis if you saw fit. Just because a guy wears a "C" on his shirt, doesn't mean the entire axis of the universe is balanced on how well he plays in the playoffs. Minnesota swapped captaincy on a monthly basis last year and they were conference finalists. Obviously Iginla in Calgary is an entirely different scenario because he's their best player by a fcuking country mile, and he's one of the few players who have been with the organization long enough to have earned the role.

So it really amuses me when people trash Naslund to the degree they have, when it's clear he's a remarkably talented player working within a system designed for him to co-pilot a Stanley Cup run with ol' #44. As a tandem, they've only really had one legit Cup run between them (squeaking into the postseason as an 8 seed and losing in six to Detroit isn't really a playoff run). If Toronto hasn't given up on Sundin and Ottawa still remains faithful to Alfredsson, I can't fathom how Vancouver justifies selling out their captain. If you think Vancouver's playoff heartbreak is something, take a look back East at what Ottawa is going through right now. That's an alarming situation. In comparison, it is still far too early in the tenure of the current Canuck core to make any drastic changes.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll have to disagree with dj and Sensei. I don't see anything wrong with giving Naslund a hard time about his playoff performance. He is the Captain, he makes 5 million, he is supposed to be the hardest working and best player on the team and wasn't even close to that. So he has 9 points...that means jack shti...

Where were the timely goals when the Canucks needed them? Where was the effort he showed in the last 5 seconds of game 7 the rest of the series. Today's province reported that Naslund has bone chips in his elbow and needs surgery....so I can understand his mediocre performance. However, I do remember a guy named Steve Yzerman who played on 1 leg a few years ago and led the Red Wings to the Stanley Cup. That's the kind of performance the team should expect out of Naslund and they didn't get it....not even close.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0