Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vancouver vs. Calgary

Who will win?

• Canucks in four :D

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Calgary in four.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canucks in five.:D

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Calgary in five

• Canucks in six.:D

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Calgary in six.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Canucks in seven.:D

• Calgary in seven.

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
vancouver should take it in five the way they have been playing of late. one minor threat to us is kiprosoff (sp) who may get hot, however, he's lacking in experience. I guess iginla's been lighting it up lately as well...he's Ollie's this series. it's clouts's time to shine this year. calgary has a tough defence, but I think the aggressive 4-line forcheck we've seen from the nucks down the stretch is intense enough to wear down the best of them...the cycle is too strong and the added speed creates great chances.

manager

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks in 6.

However I think we will pay a heavy price in this series. They are going to be big and physical. We will be beat up the longer this series goes. Should have enough to get past the flames though but it all comes down to the tenders.

Parkhead

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk am I pumped for the first game tonight!!!!

Predictions for the first game?

Nucks 3
Flames 1

Daniel with the winner.

~Regs.

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
this is a tough series and truly anyone can win.....calgary has just as much talent as the canucks but it will come down to experience.......Canucks in six but every game will be close!!

Hey Cloutier....watch out for those shots from center!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else have visions of Game 7 Minnesota last year when Calgary got their first goal tonight?!!?!? :eek:

Crowd was on fire, the refs and as GS said, Millen, were not :mad:

Friday should be insane downtown!

~Regs.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all,

Filling the Net: Calgary DOES NOT have the same amount of talent the Canucks have. To put it simply, compare the Flames' 6 D men to the Canucks'. Compare the top three lines..............and so on.

As for tonight: The reffing was just absolute crap. I can really say that I have never seen so many phantom penalties in my life. It was a joke. The only reason Calgary scored those first two goals were because of horrible miss-calls by the officials. They wanted to keep Calgary in the game regardless of how foolish it made themselves look. My bet is we won't see Doughnut Don or the other guy again in this series.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't bet on it Therapist. Usually they have two pairs of refs for every series that alternate in every other game. These two should be back in game 3. I don't care really because the Canucks won but yeah some of those could have been non calls.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gong show said:
That's it...TV is now muted and cknw can do the play by play for me....My God Is Greg Millen a KNOB!!!! :mad:

"...........their!........." What Greg? What did you see? What was so exciting about that play? KNOB!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertrum said:
"...........their!........." What Greg? What did you see? What was so exciting about that play? KNOB!
I'll have to agree this guy is an ASS,I can't even stand his voice let alone his stupid comments.

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Close game last night.....**** if the ref could only wreck the flow of the game a bit more......I think I saw Nimmiun (sp) smile and get a penalty!

**** 16 powerplays in a playoff game...can't wait to hear what don cherry has to say about this!!

GO LEAFS GO

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would not have said this a few years ago but i can't wait till bryan allen is back throwing his weight around and looking after his own end first...getting sick watching simon skate around at will in front of the net... :cool:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Refs are good tonight I thought (So far, its now the 2nd period int). Canucks are getting out hit and are definately lacking in physical play. Cloutier is hurt however I have faith in Heddy.

1-1 Going in to the third, sounds like the next mistake will cost whomever.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huge frickin win!

Call on Morrison with about 5 to go was pretty dodgy if you ask me...

I think I mentioned last year about how much I hate those annoying "thundersticks" :mad: Shame on Calgary... a Canadian city needing to resort to the most annoying crowd gimmick ever!

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
annoying "thundersticks" :mad: Shame on Calgary... a Canadian city needing to resort to the most annoying crowd gimmick ever!

~Regs.

Regs, they hav'nt made the play-offs in 8 years, the thundersticks have been in storage for that long.
Greg Millen is an idiot, this guy is too much.

I can't believe they still play Thunderstruck, great song.

hos

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the refs ruined the flow at a couple of points. There were some needless calls that went both ways that should have been left alone and let them skate.

I agree about Allen. He is a huge part of our 6 Dmen and it would sure help having him back. Glad to see Ohlund getting under Iginla's skin.

Fcuking thunder sticks! What is this Baseball or Arena Football? :rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0