Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vancouver vs. Calgary

Who will win?

• Canucks in four :D

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Calgary in four.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canucks in five.:D

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Calgary in five

• Canucks in six.:D

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Calgary in six.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Canucks in seven.:D

• Calgary in seven.

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another dissapointing playoff. Oh well maybe next year. Hopefully something good happens out of this playoff and that's the departure or Burke/Crawford(unlikely since he just signed)/Cloutier. Burke hasn't done nothing to improve this team for playoffs. Only thing he has done is try and save $$$. Crawford is not the coach for here. How many goalies has he screwed over. No confidence in your players is not good. He's got to go too. And cloutier... he got hurt during the playoffs but i still believe and always will that's he not our goalie. Auld stepped up, even though i think hedberg should have got the start for game 5, Auld did play well. and could be the call up next year. Hedberg should leave on his own and find a Coach that wants him.

I know i dont' post much on the canucks but i've been following ever since i was born. All i ask is for one cup.... one cup.... and they can finish last all the time after!!! ONE CUP!!!!!!

Till next year...

only thing good about the canucks losing is, a shite load of people lost players in there hockey pool at work!!!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 7 tickets for the Canucks vs Flames : $500
One round of pints : $28
Grimm's Jumbo Dog: $4.50
Watching the Canucks get bounced by Jerome Iginla in round one, on the same night the HABS win their game 7: PRICELESS

shhhhhhhhh
TA

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Did anyone see the large cougar tits in the blue shirt behind the Canucks bench?

WOW! :eek:[/QUOTE
a break from the dregs...My father in law told me...his buddy's friend was watching the game the other night with his wife and they noticed the skank (?) behind the canucks bench with the big tits...only seeing the cleavage and not the face..and then seconds later discovering that the woman in question is their daughter-in-law.
6 degrees of separation...to a big tit sighting :)

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, after 5 minutes of thinking. I really think that the only way to go is to fire Crawford. You can not dismantal the team. Burke is too important. Crow has got to go. You can't trade the team,.......but you can fire the coach. He's the one that has to prepare the team and he failed...........many times this year. I like him, but I don't really see any other way.

What a let down.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to apologise to the people of Vancouver for having been woken up at 5:03am by Beanbag and having got out of bed to watch that shower of shite. The Canucks have yet to win a game I've watched in the three years I've lived here (Zanzibar).

Blame the refs? Pull the other one. Blame the fact the collective desire was far greater on the visiting side's bench. A team made up of no-names with one superstar who the Canucks couldn't handle. Blame Vancouver's number 8 who did the most sublime Stevie Wonder driving a dodgem impression seconds before the winner as he matched the invisible man stride for stride into the boards behind his own net.

Thought I'd tune in to listen to some apoplectic Vancouverites (they're nothing if not hugely predictable) on CKNW while we got ready this morning. Dan Russell playing psychologist to a bunch of sad and delusional wankers, sad and delusional wankers just like him. Quote from the missus, 'Who's the cnut who sounds like Kermit/Beanbag? Put Johnny Vaughn's Capital FM programme on and stop pissing about.'

Johnny Vaughn knows more about hockey too.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How was Malik's effort behind the net on the OT goal?? :eek:

Awfully quiet in here!!! :D :D :D

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Naslund is fcuking killing me right now. If it doesn't come out after these playoffs that he was/is hurt or something he should not be captain of this team any longer
All of Naslund's assists this post season don't make up for the fact that he pulled another classic disappearing act in these playoffs. Iginla drove his team, was a horse all series, and only got better as his team got "weaker" through injury. That last minute Cook goal, created by Naslund, was too little, too late for me. You can't compare the difference these two captains made to their respective teams. A Captain needs to set the example, needs to be the teams hardest worker, and should be the catalyst. Trevor Linden, although he can't seem to pile on the points anymore, showed last night the type of effort we should have received from our leader.

In a morbid and selfish sort of way, there is a part of me that's happy they lost. Now the spotlight will shine even brighter on the changes this team needs to make, and on that idiot Bertuzzi, who could have made all the difference to the 'Nucks in this series.

One bright spot: Alex Auld. He needs to be the back-up next year. I suppose the jury is still going to be out on Clouts, as he actually did have a fairly good year, but he needs to show more durability. That said, it isn't like there are a lot of playoff proven goalies out there to be had that will get you 30+ wins a season.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fastshow said:
Quote from the missus, 'Who's the cnut who sounds like Kermit/Beanbag? Put Johnny Vaughn's Capital FM programme on and stop pissing about.'

I says Pardon? Eight restraining orders and a couple of death threats haven't quite beaten you down afterall... :eek:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
I says Pardon? Eight restraining orders and a couple of death threats haven't quite beaten you down afterall... :eek:
Nowhere in my parole agreement does it say I'm not allowed to listen to Johnny Vaughn's programme on Capital FM. No one knows ice hockey the way Johnny Vaughn knows ice hockey.

Apart from Greg Millen. He's an expert.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
God bless the hard core Canuck fan. I hate them more than I hate the Leafs or the people that cheers them. (On the next Jerry Springer BTW) Give it a rest boys. The Flames supporting cast wanted it more and out worked the Canucks to get it. Can't you give them their 15 min. of fame? The Canucks have problems yes, but it's not their Captain, goalie(s), or coach, how about pinning some of this on the shite, heartless, supporting cast like say... Ratinski (cough FLOATER cough) who had 350 shots at net for one goal. How about the second coming of Dana Murzen in Marik Malkie on D (sp). AW-FUL! The Calgary muckers were better than Canuck muckers. Full stop!

Igina was tremendous though.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hate to be right all the time... (though left ain't that much better), but for the record I was one of 3 that picked the Flames in 7.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One of four, sunshine, I picked the Flames in seven too though, if I'd bothered watching more games than I did, it could have been a Calgary sweep.

Plenty of time next year for that.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's how I see it. The canucks are a more skilled team. The flames had a bigger heart, tried harder, gave more effort .ect.....So who's job is it to get a team fired up, the captains, the coach. Quenville to replace Crow? Naslund is a product of Bertuzzi. Without him he is a ghost. Bert sits in front of the net taking 2 players with him, leaving naslund open with free time. When the game is intense, the marking is tight, and teh pressure is on, Naslund looked like a 3rd liner. When Iginla had teh puck i was nervous. When Naslund had the puck, it wasnt threatning in the least.

Call up the staff in Florida.....Linden, Cloutier, Malik, and Ruchinsky for Luongo.

I ve only been into hockey for 6-7 yrs. I missed the whole Linden 94 superstar hero legend making yrs. In saying this without any bias or preformed opinion, Linden was teh worst Canuck in the playoffs. Every single shot he took hit the back glass, he is one of te most awkward and slowest players i have ever seen.Get him the hell outta here. It is very wrong to have faith in a player like this.He dissapointed alot, but not me.

As of the first round, Naslund is second in scoring. 8 points. Well look at Joe Thornton.

In going by Iginlas performance, I would have to say that one player leading his team can control the outcome of a series. Bertuzzi would have led us to victory......In true canucks fashion...we will get them next year

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LucVanLierde said:
Call up the staff in Florida.....Linden, Cloutier, Malik, and Ruchinsky for Luongo.

I ve only been into hockey for 6-7 yrs.

curiously, one can't help but suspect your claim of hockey fanship to be 6-7 years exaggerated with a trade suggestion such as yours.

suspiciously,

manager

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd do his trade, with the exception of Linden (give them Ruttu, instead). You can't trade Linden, for the simple fact that the last time we did, the curse wasn't lifted until he came back. Trading him again would be some seriously bad Mojo.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Iginla was fcuking amazing last night. I used to have a hard time trying to justify his success in Calgary, mostly chalking it up to him being the only talent/scoring option on a team full of grinders. In fact, I figured if he went to a team with a few other legit scorers, his production would tail off as he wouldn't be so heavily relied upon to bag goals.

What he did last night ranks up there with Messier in '94 against the Devils. Unreal. Just a complete force on the ice last night.

As for Naslund...carve him if you like, but the move to set up Cooke late was about as clutch as it gets for the postseason. You're basically willing yourself to the net with 10 seconds to go, and he really turned it up at a key moment. That's what you want leaders to do in crucial situations.

Long-term, losing to Calgary could end up being a blessing for Vancouver. I think most would agree that Vancouver wasn't going anywhere past San Jose even if the outcome was different last night. This series was a pick'em from the start with neither team being viewed as a legit cup contender.

Learning to play and survive without Bertuzzi was a key component for this team's core. Cooke has turned into something more than management and coaches probably figured he was capable of. Morrison was, for my money, the best Canuck in the series and really emerged as something more than the guy between Bert and Nazzy. These are important strides for a team which is still viewed as a one-trick pony (when Bertuzzi is in the lineup, that is).

Face it. They're still reasonably young, building up playoff experience and have all their core players under long contracts. Changes will be made with some of the spare parts of this team, but that is it.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But Sensei,

didn't you read therob's post?

He stated that the Canucks were now now going to be dismantled. And then, to intensify his argument (as it were) he agreed with himself by saying, "rightly so".

You'll have to come up with better arguments than, relative youth, long term contracts, players developing without Bert around and the ability to score clutch play-off goals if you are going to make a dent in therob's sound reactionary reasoning.

ps the refs were fcuking diabolical, the call on Cooke shouldn't even be made in a mean-nothing pre-season game let alone the third period of a 1 - 1 tie in Game seven.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for that Jinks.

Atleast we agreed on the refereeing or were you brilliantly TTPing? I just never know these days.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So half the NHL is European, the players juggle a soccer ball before games, diving and hyperbole has entered the game, players are using their skates to motion the puck, and it may have been the 2, 3, 14 beers i had but did anyone else see Jovo pass it back to Auld, never seen that shite before.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0