Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TheRob's Canuck of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

You forgot that the Nucks also gave up a young guy by the name of Brad Ference.

Jovo is turning into a beauty,if it wasnt for his emergence,I don't think people would of ever forgiven Burke.Brown is a punching bag and skates as well as my little niece and Weekes was traded to Tampa for Cloutier along with Aucoin.Gagner was just a throw in.

It's tough to say that we wouldn't be at a better stage with Bure in the line-up even though he is a selfish punk.He is one of the most exciting pure goal scorers that has ever played the game.

We need results soon,tired of hearing wait til next year:mad:

Getting back on topic,my COTW has to go to Naslund.Any line that he plays on flourishes.One of the most under-rated players in the league.

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

Havlat play's in Ottawa. We aquired Jan Hlavac.

To answer your question:
December 19, Kevin Weekes was traded with Dave Scatchard and Bill Muckalt to the New York Islanders for Félix Potvin and a pair of draft picks (second and third rounds).

Another great trade by your friend Brian Burke:D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You asked for It..So I'll give it

Dude, The reference to Pavel Bure has nothing to do with the trade , I was just using it to bug TheRob for saying Trevor Letowski is deserving to wear #10.

Re. The Trade: Ed Jovanoski is the most overated Canuck...even more so than Todd Bertuzzi:rolleyes: I strongly disagree with you in saying that Ed Jovanoski is one of the best d-men in the league. I've seen him give the puck away more times than Dana Murzyn . Lately he has played so poorly that he is not even deserving of the amount of ice time he garners. When's the last time you've seen Jovo-Pussy lay out a couple guys in the same game. He's spent more time on his ass than the Sedins. I think it was a mistake to pick him to team Canda for he lacks the defensive mind needed in the olympics. He has great offensive talent but Team Canada is full of offensive talent. When your getting skinned by the likes of Mike Ribeiro, and Pavel Datsyuk it makes you wonder how he will fare against the world all-stars on a consistent basis.

Mike Brown, useful when needed to get beat up by the other teams goon and thats about all.

Pavel Bure, should get his number retired.;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apprentice

Pavel Bure, should get his number retired.
WAKE UP!!!
Bure is a classless, arrogant, selfcentred little pompus ass... we have been over this before havn't we??? how the hell can you retire a guys number after he demands a trade and walks out on the City, fans and club??? individual talent doesn't make you a complete hockey player!!! Bure has tones of skill (the most ever to wear a Canucks jersey), but that doesn't make him a candidate for having his number retired... out of 19,000 fans how many would appreciate seeing that fcuking thing hanging from the rafters (in which we as THE FANS pay for)??? other than a few Habs fans that come into the building once or twice a year I'll bet none!!!

Dude, good points...
as for this :rolleyes: it means the apprentice has no clue on the matter (that's why he supports the Habs)...

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BOT

sorry TheBob,
Letowski was a good choice, but I'm going with Big Bert... his power and strength are unstoppable when he gets going... and in the last week he has been, well unstoppable!!!:cool:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bure was holding out/not playing/snorting coke when Burkie dealt him. So they really didn't lose anything. Not to say that if he traded Bure for a bag of pucks he'd have broken even - obviously - but to get Jovo and whatever the Weekes deal brought for a guy who wasn't going to play for you isn't all that bad. Overrated or underrated, Jovo's been to a Stanley Cup final, named to the Olympic squad and is the second-leading defenseman goalscorer in the NHL this season. That's hard to ignore. Mind you, Andy Delmore is the leading d-man goalgetter, so that takes some of the lustre off that stat.

Bure's a game-breaker, but his accomplishments in Florida have been impressive numbers, and lots of early-spring tee times. He's not a leader and at this point in his career, seems to be happy soaking up the rays and playing well when he feels like it. And its not like they haven't tried to please Bure numerous times in Florida. They brought in his brother. They'll pretty much fire/hire any coach to please him. The only other things they could do to make the Rocket even more content is to force Larionov into retirement and make him head coach. And murder Fedorov to put Bure in the top spot for the Kournikova sweepstakes.

Simply put, this trade aint gonna be the one which decides Burke's fate as a success or bust GM. Bure will score goals, but won't take his team anywhere, which does little to appease fans hungry for a playoff contender. Jovo seems passionate about the city and the quest for playoff success, and is only 24. Unless something drastic happens on either side, this deal will always be viewed as a saw-off.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness , you make this too easy

(in which we as THE FANS pay for)???
HA , you haven't probably gotten off your fat ass to go buy your own ticket and the last time you went to G.M. place was to get a free haircut on Big Continent Reeves Day.
You are not a fan. You are a stupid fcuk who's limited knowledge of hockey is so clearly evident. You copy your fcukin posts straight from The Province . If Bure didn't demand to be traded but asked if there was a possibility to be traded would people still have the same opinion. Who cares if he snorts coke, that doesn't change what he did for this city and it's hockey team.

Look at my post and see the wink at the bottom you dumb leperchaun.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Dude

Originally posted by Mr Coppertone
Havlat play's in Ottawa. We aquired Jan Hlavac.

To answer your question:
December 19, Kevin Weekes was traded with Dave Scatchard and Bill Muckalt to the New York Islanders for Félix Potvin and a pair of draft picks (second and third rounds).

Another great trade by your friend Brian Burke:D

Looks like you caught me on a slip of the key / brain freeze. That's what happens when you don't check for spelling. I could have as easily typed out Hulusko (as in Todd), or Hummingbird (as in hummingbird), too.

Oops!:rolleyes:

Bure: awesome goal scorer, but awful team guy. Given the choice, would you rather have Bure's points (as a sucky, me first kind of guy), or Naslund's (as the Ultimate team first player)? That said, I'd even let Todd Hulusko wear #10 if he were in the NHL, and played for the Canucks. The only other guy to wear #10 in this town (if I recall correctly) after Pavel was Essa Tikannen (sp?)...who wasn't exactly a team guy with us either.

I forgot to give my COTW: Brent Sopel.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, Imagine Bure and Naslund on the same line:eek: Most talented player to ever wear a canucks Jersey is Pavel Bure. Too bad this broken down team couldn't of kept him happy.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup

No argument there...Bure is by far the most talented. The guy is a freak of nature. I'm not going to say he has no heart either...he has plenty of that. The guy loves to play, and loves to score. The problem is, his only concern is himself. I can't ever see Bure playing for someone like Hitch****, where players are asked to make personal sacrifices in stats for the good of the team. Given a chance to win a Cup, Naslund would.

On one line...fcuck, that would be sweet! Adam "I never shoot, I only pass (don't drop the soap around me)" Oats in the middle.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder what everybody thinks about Bure showing heart and sacrafice when playing for Russia say in the past or at the 2002 Olympic. Do you think he plays more of a team game when playing for Russia . I remember in the last Olympics he was a machine. Not to sure but I think he might have had 9 goals or something:confused:

I know this has nothing to do with this thread but who cares!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally different

Totally different type of tourney; not nearly as guelling as an NHL regular season or the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Besides, if Bure didn't play for Russia, his buddies in the Moffia would make him a nice pair of cement shoes to wear on his next swim!:eek:

He was awesome: one game he had 5 goals. And no, he never plays a team game, unless the game plan is to "get the puck to pavel as often as possible". It works in short tourneys, but not the long NHL season as it is today.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correction

Hey Sensei!

Leading goal scoring defenseman is Sergei Gonchar, not Andy Delmore.

Sorry buddy.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey retard (yes that means u Apprentice)

First off I never mentioned the word coke in any of my posts, so read what is written stop making shite up dumbass... secondly, I have been to three games this season already and usually PAY for at least 4-5 games per year!!! so fcuk you, assuming little Hab twat!!! as for your little wink at the end of that post, how can anyone on TTP understand what it is supposed to mean, you always just throw a little smilie in there to add something when you don't know what to type!!! as for staying on topic, go back to your little "House of horrors" thread if you don't have a clue... your last 5 posts have had nothing to do with Canuck of the week!!!
(unfortunatly I am only responding to your daft posts!!!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Leperchaun seems upset

What's the matter Lucky ? Sure you pay for 4-5 games a year buddy! You still listen to the games on the Radio.
Your the one without a clue...you wait for someone to post then if you agree with them you'll copy what they put and if you don't agree or understand you'll pull out the Coppertone TTP dictionary and start going off. After reading all your post's I still think you know very little about Hockey and I still think you read the paper and copy what they put.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Your Nose is Bleeding

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Retard

I'm no going to lose any sleep over your useless opinion!!! after all, your a Montreal loving freak!!! go get fcuked by something other than your hand guido!!!:D :D :D :D (sorry I'm not mad)

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bastage...

Gomesy busted me on the incorrect D-man stat. Surely everyone knows Gonchar is the leading defenseman goal-scorer, don't they? Delmore simply leads the league (tied with Blake now) in D-man power-play tallies.

perhapsIshouldsticktobasketball,
-Sensei.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
COTW

While TR is away supposedly moving and crap, the request has come in for myself to pick this week's Canuck of the week. I'm really feeling the pressure on this one :rolleyes:

So here it is... Canuck of the Week is Mattius Ohlund

Not so much for his on-ice performance (which has been above par lately), but for bringing the Canucks name onto the hockey world stage.

Marketing execs and management never had it so easy.

As TR would say, discuss.

~TB.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta be...

Markus Naslund. As he goes, the 'Nucks go. He has very quietly sneaked into 5th place in NHL scoring. The boys have been scoring in batches lately (avg. 4 gpg over the last 4 or 5), and Naslund has been in the middle of it.

Anyone going to the Leafs game on Friday?

Rumor has it that Ohlund is a regular in the room next to TB at Madam Cleos.:eek: :rolleyes:

Dude- startingtherumorhereventhoughitiscompletebullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0