Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TheRob's Canuck of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR is actually dead on(for once)

I was just reading TR's COTW and I actually agree with him for once. Jovo deserves all the credit hes been getting these days, and in my mind if he keeps up his great playing he'll get my vote for the 2002 Norris Trophy:) TR you gotta post something I hate so we can continue to TTP outta each other ya Fcuker:D

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
why do you name jovo as you cotw?? please give a reason guys..
i named cloutier cuz going back last week vs tbay he played awesome vs his old mates out shout 35-28.. shut out vs the ducks 26 shots against.. let in 3 on what 11 shots.. goals that he had no chance and then sat a shut out only 16 shots but they were quality for that he gets my cotw..

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jovo

Hands down,Jovo is the Canuck of the Week,hell he should be Canuck of the Year.He adds scoring,toughness and a relentless effort day in day out,which cant be said for any other floater.Bert lit it up but wont be seen for another 10 games.Being selected for the National team merits him the honor without a doubt:D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stupid pick of the week

why do you name jovo as you cotw?? please give a reason guys..
i named cloutier cuz going back last week vs tbay he played awesome vs his old mates out shout 35-28.. shut out vs the ducks 26 shots against.. let in 3 on what 11 shots.. goals that he had no chance and then sat a shut out only 16 shots but they were quality for that he gets my cotw..
That's why this thread is not called Ref beaters Canunck of the week!

Good on ya Jovo

knvbisgettingbackintoit!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nobody Fcuking deserves it, except.......

After a great:rolleyes:week from the Canucks, it will be difficult to pick this weeks COTW. I think we'll throw it back a little. We'll keep with the Christmas spirit, and pick someone from the Canucks past. So without further adue, TheRob's COTW is...........Cliff Ronning. Little Cliffy was on fire the other night, scoring five points against his former team in a winning effort from the Nashville Preditors. Because of this effort, and the fact that the guy plays with his heart on his sleeve, and gives it a 110% every game(unlike most Canucks), he is TheRob's Canuck of the Week.

Runners up are: Wes Walz, for making Mattius Ohlund look like Dana Murzyn, and Jyrkii Lumme, for playing great since he got to Toronto.

Discuss, and have a great Chrsitmas.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Last COTW of the Year.

The honor of being the last COTW of 2001 falls to Jan Hlavic. Four points in the two games since Christmas. He is playing well in a system that suits his style of play.

Is there anyone who doesn't like the Hlavic-Brashear trade right now?

Runner up-Petr Skudra. Great game on Saturday.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i totally agree with you 100% on this one tr.. hlavac 4 points in 2 games.. he's playing with 2 guys that play the style he does.he's proven that he can score with the rangers. the only reason he wasnt playing well cuz he was is philly:p :p :p

beaterknowsthecaptainwillhavesomethingtosayaboutthat:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
you speak inglishe as well as Jan Hlavac

I'm sure the Captain will have something to say about that, Beater... the grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure was fcuking awful...

:D

I haven't seen the Canucks play in about a month so I have no idea who's been playing well, if any. I'll just trust TR's assessment even though he's been way off the mark in previous months.

~TB.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mark this Jerkstore.

You're off the mark with that comment pal.:mad: Don't start with your attitude in TheRob's thread mister. I won't have it.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One for the Jerkstore

It's time again for TheRob's Canuck of the Week. For the first time ever in the long history of the COTW, there will be Co-COTW's this week. Can you guess who they might be?

The first COTW is(it pains me to write this;))Dan Cloutier. He had some great games, and based on the Edmonton game alone, he should be Canuck of the Week. Did you see that save on Ryan Smith?

The second COTW is(you'd never guess this)Brent Sopel. Seven points since Christmas. This guy should have been considered for the Olympic team.:rolleyes: He is the second coming of Bobby Orr. Finally getting a chance to play, and is making the best of it.

Runners up are, Naslund, Hlavic, and the new boy, Trevor"The Big"Letowski.

Discuss!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All you had to do was ask.

Beater,

If you wanted to put in a vote for Sopel, you should have let me know.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week has to be Dan "The Man" Cloutier hands down. Many great saves throughout the week keeped them in it all week long. Currently playing .800 hockey (4 of last 5)

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about Henrik

He's a plus 7 and has five points in his last five games,not bad for a floater but my pick has to go to Cloutier,he's been consistently good over the past couple of months,let alone last week.

Still a shite team though :mad:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I say the parade route goes through Stanley Park.

The honour that is TheRob's Canuck of the Week goes to Trevor THE BIG Letowski. He had a three point night against the Canes on Saturday, and has been very consistant since being aquired from the Dirty Dogs. People are pissed because he is wearing number 10. He's got more heart than the lasat guy to wear it, that's for certain. Burke doesn't make many trades, but when he does, they are usually decent. Let's hope the team has turned it around.

Runners up are: Todd Bertuzzi. Finally decided to wake up for a few games. And Markus Naslund. I could pick the captain every week, and not regret it. He has been great again this year.

Discuss.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Pavel deal

Going by memory here, but didn't the 'Nucks get Jovo, Mike Brown, Gagne(sp?) (now retired), and Kevin Weeks in that deal? They basically gave up Pavel, who had incredible production, but at a huge cost monetary wise and as a cancer in the room, and Bret Hedican.

It is safe to say Hedican is an average player, who's loss the 'Nucks easily covered in free agent signings (LaChance comes to mind). Breaking down the others, Jovo has turned into a team leader and one of the best d-men / impact players in the league (albeit, lately he's been shite). Gagne retired, if I remember, at a 2m payout. Who was Weeks traded for? For some reason, I want to say he was part of the draft day deal that brought us the Sisters. As much as they're puff tarts right now, one of them will certainly turn into an impact player. Also, acquiring Mike Brown has allowed management to trade another dressing room cancer in Brash for a productive, skilled player (Havlat), who seems to have tons of upside.

Meanwhile, Florida suffers as rumors persist about Pavel's shitty (me only) attitude.

Hindsight is 20 / 20, but I think the 'Nucks got the better of the deal, if analyzed today. The only stinker was having to take Gagne as part of the deal.

Apprentice: does :rolleyes: mean you’re in favor of the deal or no? Also, correct me where I’m wrong on the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0