Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TheRob's Canuck of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's Tuesday, you know what that means!

That's right. It's that time again. TheRob's Canuck of the Week.

TheRob's Canuck of the Week for this week is Trevor Linden. Finally the captain has come home. Burke has been trying to get him for three years, and he finally has. I've seen a lot of conversation on Linden in the Canuck thread. Some of you are glad he is back(me included), and others think the guy is washed up(mostly the Hab fans). There is no doubt, him being back here will rejuvinate his carreer. He may not score 30 goals, but he and Naslund will lead this team into the playoffs. Naslund may score fifty now because there is less leadership pressure on him.

Runners up this week are, Dan Cloutier, and Henrik Sedin for finally scoring.

I know there will be a lot of discussion(wanking)about this Canuck of the week so bring it on.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Linden

Not that I fancy the way he plays or the money he makes but it was a good decision to bring him back to try and rejuvenate the team.He did play his best hockey here and giving up a few draft picks for him was not a huge loss,the teams got enough good young players.I agree with the Rob as Linden being the Canuck of the Week.1 game back 1 win.Burke is still a knob but i have to give him some credit for this one.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
trevor linden

TR,

While he may bring cheers from the fans, Can he really help the Nucks score and put together some wins? If they are bringing Trevor back for the fans they might as well suit up the Steamer. They will get the same result on and off the ice.:D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rob, You promised me last week a more deserving "Canuck of The Week" pick and then you go out and insult me by picking Trevor Linden. You got to be living in a fantasy world by thinking Trevor will help this team to the playoffs. He is washed up, look at his point production over the last 5 years. Sure it is good to boost the moral of the fans but he is not a guy that the club needed. It'll be a tough week for Vancouver and hopefully your hero will produce like the trevor of 94' but that's like saying the Habs aren't the best.:D

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Linden

Apprentice

2 games played = 4 points,not bad for a guy that hasn't contributed offensively yet.As it stands today,the Nucks are 1 point out of a playoff spot and climbing.:D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy, You've seen him play the last two games, sure I'll admit he brings something to the organization but from his play he brings nothing to the ice.

From aa line under a picture of Trevor in Today's Province:

To the Fans' and players' delight Trevor Linden is back in a Canucks uniform. He was held off the score sheet but dished out five hits.

Way to go Trev:rolleyes:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How's this young padiwan?

TheRob's Canuck of the week for the this week is Matt Cooke. He has been playing his best hockey of the year since Linden came back. Two huge goals against St Louis, and he is hitting everything in a different coloured uniform. He isn't one of the most skilled guys in the league, but he is playing the way he needs to play to stay in the NHL.

Runner up for this week is Jarrko Ruttu.

Any thoughts Apprentice?;)

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Youn Padiwan Approves

Geat choice TheRob, Matt Cooke is a well deserving ttp Canuck of The week Inductee. He plays hard , is leading the league in Hits and has been a sparkplug for the team. #24 in your program #1 in the hearts of Canucks fans everywhere.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cooke

One good game and he gets Canuck of the week,If it wasn't for Cloutier the last little while,the Nucks would be in the cellar.

Cloutier gets my vote:D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Always stirring the pot Jimmy, Cloutier needs to try to win this weeks award and from the performance he gave last night and to his arse being on the bench next game I don't think he has a good shot...but TheRob did pick Jason Strudwick;)

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jimmy

fcuk i hate agreeing with jimmy but cloutier has to be my canuck of the week.. he was sharp when he needed to be..

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
apprentice

which goal did cloutier have a chance on last night???? ya 3 goals in 14 shots sucks but he had no chnce

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloutier

He didn't play that bad,the team didn't help him out at all,but Cooke,he plays hard all the time and hardly gets anything accomplished.Their trainer works hard everyday taping ankles and whatever but does he get the recognition......no:D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ref Beater, I honestly think you come to the nhl threads to add to your post total cause you must never watch a game or check out the highlights.

On the second or third goal , I think the second, the puck was lightly wristed on net by Havlat and Cloutier let the rebound float around the crease and Mike Fisher had an easy one. :confused:

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
apprentice

i watch every game i spent 10$ last night(pissed me off) ya true but wheres the d to clear fischer from in front of the net??? and the third goal off the face off shot save or blocked puck was lying in front and kurtz (sp) didnt tie up his man.. is that his fault too??:confused: :confused:

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloutier

Apprentice

Yes it was a tap in but he did make the initial stop,maybe if your Canuck of the week"Matt Cooke"would clear the crease every once in a while,this wouldn't of happened.

donteventhinkCookewasontheiceforthatgoal :D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice Try Jimmy, don't be blaming the Goal on Cookie, It was a pretty weak Goal and cloutier should have saved it but your right the numbskull in front of the net lost his man. What do you have against Cooke, he steal one of your broads at the roller?

theapprenticeknowswhenJimmyfirststartedlikingtheCANES:eek:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR what do you think?

My vote after this last week is Linden. He has been playing on adrenilan(?) for sure, let's hope he can keep it going. He is money on the faceoffs.

He had a very good game against the Flyers.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Linden was good, but.......

.......I'm inclined to agree with the Province paper this week. Therefore, TheRob's Canuck of the Week is Markus Naslund. Two two goal games, 12th in league scoring, and leading by example. Some people think the "C" should be given to Linden. I think Linden is a good leader, but Naslund is doing fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Runners up this week are, Dan Cloutier, and Trevor Linden.

Discuss.

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob

You nailed it. Naslund has been the best Canuck this week. I think all those people who think that Linden should get the "C" are crazy. Naslund has done nothing but lead this team by example on and off the ice, and this week he showed it. Clouthier also played well, but how long will that last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0