Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2003/2004

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Update to the Rucinsky deal... the rights to RJ Umberger along with Martin Grenier went to the Rangers.

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cut and paste king!

GEOFF SANDERSON 8
Left Wing
Height 6' 0"
Weight 190
Shoots Left
Born
Feb 1, 1972
HAY RIVER, NT, CAN

An explosively quick skater, Sanderson has a great one-timer and is an offensive threat on the power play and penalty kill. Selected by the Hartford Whalers in 1990. Scored career high goals (46) and points (89) in his sophomore season (1992-93). Played in NHL All-Star game (1994 and 1997).

Game By Game Stats: 2003-2004 , 2002-2003

A face only a mother could love...and Ballbaby

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
B.C. Solicitor General Rich Coleman said Vancouver police were investigating Bertuzzi's hit on Moore , and charges may be pending.

It was in Vancouver that Marty McSorley, then with the Boston Bruins, was charged with assault after knocking out then-Canuck Donald Brashear with a stick to the head in February 2000.

McSorley, suspended by the NHL for a year, was convicted of assault and given an 18-month conditional discharge.

Lacroix did not want to talk about a criminal investigation, saying he just wanted his player to get well.

``I don't want to think of anything else,'' he said.

And he avoided offering any more medical information, saying that was best left to doctors.

Moore, who remained in a Vancouver hospital Tuesday, had more immediate worries.

``Exams have revealed that Steve sustained a concussion and a cervical injury (neck fracture) and will be out at least for the remainder of the season,'' head Colorado trainer Pat Karns said in a statement.

``He also suffered deep facial lacerations and abrasions to the forehead, right cheek and upper lip.''

Moore ``will remain hospitalized in Vancouver for an indefinite period of time,'' the statement added.

As soon as his condition allows it, the 25-year-old native of Windsor, Ont., will be transferred to Craig Hospital in Denver, the statement continued.

On a team stacked with stars, Moore is a checking forward who has four goals and seven assists this season.

Bad blood between the two teams, currently No. 2 and No. 4 in the West, had been simmering since Moore's hit on Naslund during a game Feb. 16 in Denver. Naslund suffered a concussion that cost him three games.

Moore wasn't penalized for the hit and the league took no action.

Vancouver coach Marc Crawford called Moore's hit ``a cheap shot by a young kid on a captain, the leading scorer in the league.''

The two teams met in Denver on March 3 but there was little action in a 5-5 tie. That changed Monday night as the score became lopsided in Colorado's favour.

Moore spent the night in a Vancouver hospital after he was slugged in the side of the head by Bertuzzi at 8:41 of the third period. He landed face-first - with Bertuzzi on top of him - and lay in a pool of blood for several minutes before he was removed from the ice on a stretcher.

Bertuzzi, a native of Sudbury, Ont., has been suspended indefinitely pending a hearing at the NHL's office in Toronto on Wednesday morning.

Said Lacroix: ``I have full trust they will do the appropriate action.''

The Avs GM said he had not heard from the Canucks.

``I haven't heard from nobody,'' he said, adding Bertuzzi's agent had made a call to request information.

The Moore injury is the latest black eye for the NHL, following a brawl-filled game last Friday between the Ottawa Senators and Philadelphia Flyers, which set an NHL record of 419 penalty minutes.

And the league will not be pleased that the Bertuzzi bloodbath tarnished NHL trade deadline day - normally a dream day for hockey junkies.

`This is not the way we're going to make people love the sport,'' said Lacroix, who refused to be drawn into further debate.

The Denver Post called the incident ``an ugly piece of frontier justice.''

``Even with the animosity between Colorado and Vancouver seemingly building by the second, nobody expected it to come to this,'' said the Rocky Mountain News.
Bertuzzi received a match penalty for his hit on the Avalanche centre Monday.

Vancouver GM Brian Burke, speaking on Vancouver radio station CKNW, said it was inappropriate for him to comment on the incident while the league conducts a review.
The two teams don't meet again during the regular season.
Colorado cancelled a planned skate Tuesday morning at GM Place. The team was to fly to Edmonton later in the day for a game Wednesday against the Oilers.

In other news,
The Vancouver Canucks have acquired Martin Rucinsky from the New York Rangers in a last minute deal

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
after reading everyones comments on bertuzzi i have to say that i'm not surprised....vancouver fans are notorious for jumping on the bandwagon, canucks are the best when we win but there a disgrace when they lose.....for any of you who have decided that they hate bertuzzi now, or that you'll never like him again, i think you people are completely in the wrong.....i liked the one comment burke had today about sticking up for Todd regardless of what happened......now like many of u i dont know bertuzzi personally but i do no that he's provided me and a lot of fans in this city with countless moments of excitement...obviously he did something really stupid and he's gunna have to pay the consequences for it, however for true canuck fans (and bertuzzi fans for that matter) theres no way you go and turn your back on a guy thats done so much for your team and your city.....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At what point did you say to yourself "hey, that was pretty cowardly"?

Was it when Bert threw the haymaker? Was it when you saw the blood on the ice? Was it when he didn't get up? Was it when you heard broken neck?

If Moore wasn't hurt (seriously) would you still be calling it cowardly?

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raiguy said:
......now like many of u i dont know bertuzzi personally but i do no that he's provided me and a lot of fans in this city with countless moments of excitement...obviously he did something really stupid and he's gunna have to pay the consequences for it, however for true canuck fans (and bertuzzi fans for that matter) theres no way you go and turn your back on a guy thats done so much for your team and your city.....

Fair enough, but what do I say to my brothers 3 boys who are age 5 to 10 and watch every Nucks game and worship Bert and the boys. Do I tell them it was OK what Todd did? That it is part of the game, and that a sucker punch from behind is OK for the Pro's but not kids. How much money does the CHA spend on those TV ads for parents, but then our kids watch the pros, thier hero's, and this happens.
Bert has to do a lot to make up for this.

On that note, he may be done as a Canuck, can he play his physical style of game agian in this city. He just got his big contract and I say he is done as a Nuck, and I like the way he plays. He may get traded over the summer, if there is hockey next year.

hos

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
At what point did you say to yourself "hey, that was pretty cowardly"?

Was it when Bert threw the haymaker? Was it when you saw the blood on the ice? Was it when he didn't get up? Was it when you heard broken neck?

If Moore wasn't hurt (seriously) would you still be calling it cowardly?

~Regs.
It was cowardly right from the get go. Moore clearly wanted no part of it. To continue it to the point of a sucker punch was cowardly whether he was seriously hurt or not, whether it was hockey or anything else a sucker punch to someone who clearly wants no part of you is just plain and simple assault. Don't get me wrong I am a complete advocate for keeping fighting in hockey, but not this kind of barbaric sh*t. Last night they either looked like caged, steriod induced animals or school yard bullies, it was embarassing. A little heated up about this one, it was a great waste of time and money to watch the fight that kinda looked like a hockey game.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I came into here to say Regs is spot on, but one can never pass up an opportunity to TTP out of HOS, even he can't stop himself...
enough, but what do I say to my brothers 3 boys who are age 5 to 10 and watch every Nucks game and worship Bert and the boys. Do I tell them it was OK what Todd did? That it is part of the game, and that a sucker punch from behind is OK for the Pro's but not kids.
You should tell them nothing their your brothers kids, let him deal with it.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all of this Bertuzzi talk, something very important was over-looked in last night's game: Miss Yellow-Tank-Top. :eek:

linden_b.jpg

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
but one can never pass up an opportunity to TTP out of HOS,

The one good thing about the Bert Hit on Moore, was seeing what knvb will look like the next time I play against him, may have to sign up for Co-Ed for just one game.

Second, none of us would be talking about this if Moore didn't have a glass jaw, and was able to get his hands out before he hit the ice. Now he has to deal with surgery for a broken neck.

hos

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Second, none of us would be talking about this if Moore didn't have a glass jaw, and was able to get his hands out before he hit the ice. Now he has to deal with surgery for a broken neck.

hos[/QUOTE]

he was out before he even hit the ice, so kind of difficult I might think

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys gotten put on Team 1040 right now... Pratt and Taylor have lost it.

Over the top!!!!!!!!

I actually thought the chick in the yellow tank was butch with the tatty and all :D

~Regs.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the yellow tank-top was great and all, but i think it was her friend that was the real looker...can't forget about the low-cut bklack top behind granato as well, right beside the colorado tunnel...great camera work lately

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joely, just read your post. How stupid are you, really?

How big was the low-cut bklack top behind granato? Maybe- and this is being generous- 200 lbs? Probably more like 230. Are you freaking kidding me? The girl was a monster...and for you to somehow justify it by saying, " i think it was (yellow tank-top's) friend that was the real looker..."

Shocker.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My two bits...

Funny reading all the comments about the "Bert incident". I can't believe all the Bert bashing going on.

Now I am somewhat of a neutral (not a canuck fan really), and some of the comments here are just plain stupid. Did he make a HUGE MISTAKE? Yes. Did he mean to do what he did? NOOOOOOOOOOOO. He sucker-punched a guy for running his teammate, and punches like that (with the gloves on) are thrown every game (albeit not from behind). But no there's no chance he set out to hurt the guy like that. The punishment should not reflect the injuries sustained, but for the sucker-punch itself.
And finally, for you lot who are asking for him to be "banned through the playoffs" or "benched by Crawford" or "arrested by the police" or "traded away".... give your fcuking heads a shake. I didn't hear you bitching when Big B was laying out Jackman, Foote, Chelios or other poor bastards in the past. Ballbaby is right, lots of hypocrites. And remember, this guy is a top 5 player in the LEAGUE, and most temas would love to have him, so quit moaning and don't jump off the bandwagon so fast.

SagewishesBertwaswiththeCH

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0