Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2003/2004

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding the May/Aebeisher (sp?) stuff... I can't remember but was it against the Aves or the Wings when Morrison got punched in the gut after a Nucks goal?

~Regs.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although Jonesy's maple-leaf blue colored glasses often skew his perception on all things hockey, I have to agree with him on this most recent assessment of the Canucks. I'll go even further and say that with getting pounded by Colorado in the biggest game of the year, Burke's brutal contract negotiations, the lack of movement at the trade deadline and the impending Bertuzzi suspension, the season is very, very close to being finished.

Hopefully the VPD keep their noses out of this. Everybody will immediately point to the McSorley incident as a precedent, but keep this in mind - one of the major reasons they were able to prop up charges against Marty was due to the fact he swung his stick, and they morphed that into assault with a weapon. Punches are thrown in the NHL all the time. The context in which they are thrown is up to league officials - those who have an intricate understanding and comprehension of the game - to analyze and punish in a proper manner. Colin Campbell knows best what kind of discipline a situation of this nature needs in terms of punishment.

Bertuzzi's punch was a pathetic shot and, given the circumstances of how badly he gooned Moore, has now gone into a worst-case scenario for all involved. I think many figured Moore had a concussion and a facial laceration and that was that. Well, now that his neck and jaw are broken, the NHL will probably make the suspension MASSIVE to 1) make an example of Bertuzzi and 2) show the legal beagles that they can police their players effectively.

Media types will start to bring up the tit-for-tat arguments, but keep in mind Gary Suter cross-checked Kariya into a 9-month layoff and got all of three games for the incident.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What sickens me about this whole thing is the hypocrisy abound, from the media, the NHL, and we the fans. When you allow fighting to be an accepted practise in an otherwise super-skilled game, these situations will occur. It can occur in any sport, but I believe that it is far more likely to occur in North American Hockey than any other sport. I like the fights, but that is because I grew up watching it and accepting the practise. However deep down inside, I know that it is wrong, especially when I have a child playing the game knowing that I will have to advise him on how to protect himself, in other words, learn how to fight. What a joke!

In no other sport is throwing a punch condoned. Rugby, football, soccer, basketball, etc..., you're out of the game right now. Hockey? The only sport. So now Bertuzzi in a moment of uncontrolled emotion in an atmosphere that breeds and promotes violence, oversteps the supposedly clear-cut line, and assaults a fellow player. It was assault. The VPD is going to determine whether it was assault. It was, BUT every game has a level of assault in it. A cross-check to the head is assault. Fricken hypocrites. When you square off and it is a mutual agreement between two players to fight, there is always a risk that one blow to the head could be a FATAL one. But, let's just allow it to happen until someone dies and then everyone will lambaste the player who dealt the "unlucky" blow. If Bertuzzi's punch didn't knock Moore out, life would carry on as usual, just another dark part of hockey that is accepted.

NHL brass - hypocrites. Media- Dan Russel types - hypocrites. Fans - you and I - hypocrites.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously Dude, bert did it the wrong way, as tony twist said on headline sports, if he had just spun him around, then punched him, different story...but u can't tell me that after moore fought cooke you thought it was over, everyone knew something else was gonna happen, it's just a shame it was like this

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cowardly actions by 'big' Bert. He is a fcuking walloper and deserves everything that is thrown at him. Thanks for the goal production this year too, while you're at it.

Thank goodness I'm a Flyers fan. Nothing like this would happen in Flyer land. At least the record setting game against Ottawa the other night had everyone going at each other ONE on ONE, face to face. I feel for all you Canucks fans right now. The only thing possibly worse than being a Canucks fan right now, would being a Hun supporter. Poor HOS, Guinness, and LEAN get the double whammy.

Go Flyers/Celtic

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terrible tragedy last night!

But to everyone out there this...................had Bertuzzi spun him around, cold cokced him, would this have been ok?

Because the poor kid is seriously hurt should not determine the suspension or pending criminal charges. I think the action is the offence and not the resulting injury/ or in other cases lack of injury.

Oh and when answering the above, take into account that he was concussed with the punch and could have broken his neck with a fall to the ice................without Bertuzzi on his back.

John

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
john said:
Terrible tragedy last night!

But to everyone out there this...................had Bertuzzi spun him around, cold cokced him, would this have been ok?

Because the poor kid is seriously hurt should not determine the suspension or pending criminal charges. I think the action is the offence and not the resulting injury/ or in other cases lack of injury.

Oh and when answering the above, take into account that he was concussed with the punch and could have broken his neck with a fall to the ice................without Bertuzzi on his back.

John

Thank you John, and don't forget the two avs players that then piled on after bert and moore had hit the ice

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh and to be real clear I do not in any way condone what Bertuzzi did last night! But I do think he would be a hero :rolleyes: today had Moore not had been so seriously hurt.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am sick of hearing this bs Mcsorley comparison. This shite isn't even in teh same league. We are confusing the injury with the act. Even granato himself was suspended for 15 games fro a hick sticking incident.A blindsided punch is no where near as dirty a highstick. Its just too bad it was the biggest, strongest biker saquatch who ever played in the nhl who threw the bomb.
Concussion, broken neck, 7 stitches, fractured jaw, 2 cracked mollars at tlast count. One punch. Police investigation, please.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
john said:
Oh and to be real clear I do not in any way condone what Bertuzzi did last night! But I do think he would be a hero :rolleyes: today had Moore not had been so seriously hurt.
Exactly my point! The whole thing stinks. Hypocrites!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MARTIN RUCINSKY 26
Left Wing

Height 6' 2"
Weight 207
Shoots Left
Born
Mar 11, 1971
MOST, CZE

Member of the gold-medal winning Czech Republic team at the 1998 Olympics and was third in team scoring with three goals and one assist. Member of the gold-medal winning Czech team at the 1999 World Hockey Champions and was sixth in scoring with four goals and six assists. Represented Canadiens at 2000 NHL All-Star game. NHL Player of the Week Jan. 29 to Feb. 4, 1996.

Game By Game Stats: 2003-2004 , 2002-2003

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jsut heard that there are more trades to be announced...............

Rumour on NW was Cloutier to the sabres for Satan?????

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rucinsky, Varlamov, Bergiron... who's next today... Weight? Pronger? Fuhr?

:D

~RegshatestheBlues.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MARC BERGEVIN 25
Defenseman
Height 6' 1"
Weight 214
Shoots Left
Born
Aug 11, 1965
MONTREAL, QC, CAN

Consistency best describes the long career of this stay-at-home defenseman. Drafted with the Chicago Blackhawks' third choice (60th overall) in the 1983 NHL Entry Draft, Bergevin routinely solidifies defenses by maintaining solid positioning and making smart defensive decisions. In his 15th NHL season, Bergevin posted a plus-27 with the St. Louis Blues in 1999-00. Bergevin, who has played more than 1,000 NHL games, collected some of his best offensive numbers in the early 1990s with the Hartford Whalers and upstart Tampa Bay Lightning. During the two seasons from 1991-93, he recorded 38 points. The backliner also won a World Championship with Team Canada in 1994. -- Pete Iorizzo

Game By Game Stats: 2003-2004 , 2002-2003

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting notes:

The total amount of money that the Nucks need to pay these guys for the rest of the year: $400,000

Slegr made something $400,000.

Unless there are more unannounced trades coming, doesn't look like Burke got much help from ownership...

Unconfirmed: Geoff Sanderson?

~Regs.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby said:
In no other sport is throwing a punch condoned. Rugby, football, soccer, basketball, etc..., you're out of the game right now. Hockey? The only sport. So now Bertuzzi in a moment of uncontrolled emotion in an atmosphere that breeds and promotes violence, oversteps the supposedly clear-cut line, and assaults a fellow player. It was assault. The VPD is going to determine whether it was assault. It was, BUT every game has a level of assault in it. A cross-check to the head is assault. Fricken hypocrites. When you square off and it is a mutual agreement between two players to fight, there is always a risk that one blow to the head could be a FATAL one. But, let's just allow it to happen until someone dies and then everyone will lambaste the player who dealt the "unlucky" blow. If Bertuzzi's punch didn't knock Moore out, life would carry on as usual, just another dark part of hockey that is accepted.

NHL brass - hypocrites. Media- Dan Russel types - hypocrites. Fans - you and I - hypocrites.
Points taken, but lets go back to the instigator rule. The Nucks would have taken care of the situation as it happened in Col. weeks ago = none of this would have happened. Its hockey, fights are part of the game.
As for assult, you could say that every hit/slash/punch thrown is assult but it happens all the time. Any intent to injure is assult, thus no more hockey. Give me a fukcing break, it was a dumb move by Big Baby Burt but the results were made worse by the landing and pile-up.
Maybe that big jackass will watch his team mates putting an effort in and decide to play (if allowed). 10 games, remove the instig. rule and no assult charges, my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0