Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2003/2004

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Depending on how badly hurt Moore is, I'm thinking Bert gets anywhere from 5-10 games. I thought after the way the second period was going we might have made one hell of a comeback.

If you can take anything from this, at least they fought hard til the end and just didn't roll over and take it up the dumper.

Anyone hear what happened to Blake? He punched the glass in his fight.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertrum said:
A fukcing disgrace. Bert will get at least 2 games.
That's a bit generous don't you think?

The only thing good about the game tonight were the commercials, those damn commercials. I'm thinking spinal/concussion injury. The Nuckleheads couldn't even hold up their own heads, pretty sad really. :rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bert is an Idiot. First off, that was a chicken shitt move, hitting a guy from behind, and I don't think he ment to drive Moore's head into the ice, but don't hit a guy from behind when he is skating away.
Second, why is Bert doing that in the first place, let the 3rd and 4th liners do that stuff, he could have gotten hurt or now a huge suspension. I hope for the NHL, that Bert gets at least 10 games for that move he pulled tonight. This game could bite the Nucks in the asss and send them falling fast in the standings, you could even see a Nucks/Aves first round play-off match-up, now that would be fun.
Burke has to make a move now, but will be get a first line forward or a keeper. Hate to say it, but Clouts was bad, and now there are more questions about our keepers come play-off time.

HOS no longer a Bert Fan, what an Idiot.

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i say campbell will come down hard on this one......bertz will get 15.....on another note, the refs handled this game very poorly....it was so obvious this game was gunna get ugly, so instead of throwing guys out early, they decide to give colorado non stop power plays for the rest of the game.....naturally after 6th, 7th and 8th goals canucks decide to settle old scores.....all in all the canucks played like idiots, but the refs didn't help matters.......cheers

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
terrible call by bert, 15 games? maybe 5...and hate to see a guy hurt, but if he had answered the call earlier (not counting the cooke fight, which was more of a stripshow than a fight) i don't think it would have come down to that

reffing was definately a problem tonight, it all started with the phantom call on bertuzzi off the faceoff in the first, after that it was one man-advantage after another for the avs, and as previously mentioned, instead of just penalizing both teams, and keeping it even, they chose to side with the avs and handed out questionable call after questionable call

don't think this was mentioned, but did anyone see worrell take the spearing penalty at the vancouver bench? that should land him a suspension as well

don't agree with a keeper move, shite happens, just too bad it happened tonight, and it wasn't just the keepers, no one was really playing defence (except ohlund)

j_t_ghopingthatwegetrucinskyandhillandthatwesstarthittingmorecauseitseemstoworkwhenweactuallydoit

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some initial thoughts on the debacle . . .

1. Bertuzzi: 5 games. Crawford scratches him first game back.

2. Malik for Kolzig; Cloutier for a bag of pucks. Has anyone seen his stick-side saves? Anyone? I think they disappeared sometime during last week's 5-5 tie.

3. Worrell's a pussy. A smart pussy.

4. Nice hit by Salo on Worrell.

5. May's post-goal trash talk(s): classic. No complaints; worth the misconduct.

6. Trevor . . . poor Trevor. I'm certain he's embarrased and disgusted. Too bad it all happened for him tonight.

7. The Bertuzzi Incident wouldn't have happened if the rules just allowed them to settle the score after the Naslund hit when it all began. Too much festering brought this on.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
we get rid of malik and then we have to fill a possible 2 spots on d, jovo is skating again but hasn't had any contact yet, and there is no way we can go into the playoffs with baumgartner and brookbank in our 6 d-men, keep brookbank but as a forward for games like tonight

j_t_gstillcantbelievewegotridofslegrfornothing

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just postulating on Malik. As a scratch tonight with "a sore back" . . . you never know.

Press conference has been called for 9am tomorrow.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brooke Ward just mentioned on 1040 that Orca Bay Brass (McCaw and McCammond) were in town for tonight's game, and have called a press conference for tomorrow morning/afternoon for an announcement regarding the club's future.

Early reports claim that it will be to announce either 1) that Brian Burke has been fired or 2) Orca Bay has sold the team. Good timing.

What kind of fcuking travelling roadshow did Vancouver throw out there tonight? Even if you take away the Bertuzzi-Moore incident you still have to explain why May is trash-talking Assbasher after cutting the Colorado lead to four and three goals, respectively. Don't forget to mention the fans chucking beer at Worrell, 15 minutes after his teammate was stretchered off the ice with a nasty head injury. Stand-up move.

Given the reputations both Bertuzzi and Crawford have amongst NHL officials, this situation could get very ugly for Vancouver with regards to suspension length. If Bertuzzi is "made an example of" for following through on a bounty placed on another player's head, he may be sitting out until April.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently there is no press conference now.

Bert is now a lame duck. And a clown.

~Regs.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bertuzzi is a fcuking ass clown who should be gone for the rest of the season and the playoffs. What a fcuking 245 lb pussy/coward......way to put yourself ahead of your team jackass. Crawford should have gone off on Bert in the media like he did after the Moore hit on Naslund.... :mad:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Embarrassed to be a Canuck fan tonight.

Just got in from the game myself, and agree with most of the sentiments here. I wanted Moore to get what was coming to him for the Naslund hit just as much as anyone, but that was absolutely classless. I didn't think Bertuzzi could get any lower in my books with his soft play, constant bitching, and lack of effort.....but he managed to go to the bottom of the page tonight. What was worse was listening to some of the idiotic fans behind me in the stands, giggling and laughing as Moore lay on the ice unconscious for 10 minutes....then booing when he was lifted to the stretcher. fu-cking embarrassing!! :(

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They say that our Todd is one of the stongest players in the NHL. He's also one of the moodiest wing nuts in the league. He seems to have a jolly short temper.

On a completely different note. Does the league have a policy on Steroid abuse?

Personally, I think May needs to answer a few questions. First time with the goalie, OK, but the second time was just plain dumb and seemed to set the stage for the rest of 'it'.

Great night for the owners to be in town. Was anyone else at the 'mugging' tonight. Press conference or no press conference. If there was one scheduled to announce a trade it would still go ahead. Surely they wouldn't have canned him on the trade dead line day...more likey to announce a contract extension, no?

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gaffa said:
Surely they wouldn't have canned him on the trade dead line day...more likey to announce a contract extension, no?

Was listening to Dan Russell on the way home. On the show he clarified that there is no press conference. It was a "breakfast invitation" to the media to be present on trade deadline day in Vancouver. No big news to share.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see bert gettin 15 too. A huge part is gonna be how moore is doing. U got to remember he got 10 for leaving the bench to join a fight a few years back. This is much worse i think. Gonna be interesting tommorow what burke does. did hunter get 17 a while ago??

What a joke tonite was. I got tix to the ottawa and columbus game. and dont' feel like going to either after seeing tonite. Cloutier is SHITE and i've been saying this ever sinec he came here. Maybe not on TTP but with friends. Never did like him and been saying the canucks will not go anywhere in playoff with that dipshit in net.

Just heard the league meeting with bertuzzi is wednesday at 9am.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't it ironic . . . don't cha think?

From Canucks.com, an on-line interview with Todd Bertuzzi:
Q: After your big hit on Barrett Jackman you said that he was a nice guy. Do you find it tough, mentally, to go out and play a physical game against other players that you respect and may be friends with? - Tracy L

A: No, not really. I think we’re all in it for the same thing. When you’re on the ice you gotta put that friendship aside. Obviously I’m not out there to hurt anyone but you can’t pass up opportunities to help your team.

Q: There has been alot of talk maintaining that hockey players have "lost respect" for each other. Do you agree with this or is it merely media hype? Would getting rid of the instigator rule help? – Carolyn B.

A: I don’t think it’s a lack of respect I think it’s guys taking advantage of guys in vulnerable spots that you have seen through out the year and guys have done that. Would I get rid of it, yeah I’d get rid of it. I think that if someone’s gonna play that way they gotta be able to answer the bell themselves.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm inclined to side w/ Big T. Give him at least the rest of the season.

What a big, dumb, bag of shite. The only incident I can think of uglier was McSorely's stick swing. It was worse than Domi's sucker on Samulson.

Personally, I'd like to see him get the rest of the regular season, and for selfish reason he'd be back for the playoffs...but I won't cry foul if the clown gets the playoffs too.

Fcuking sick... :mad:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joely, just read your post. How stupid are you, really?

but if he had answered the call earlier

How big is Steve Moore? Maybe- and this is being generous- 200 lbs? Probably more like 180. His hit on Naslund was a case of finishing a check. He answered the bell with a guy that he should be answering with- Cooke. Maybe Ruttu or even May, but Bert? Are you freaking kidding me? The guy is a monster...and for you to somehow justify it by saying "maybe if he had answered the call earlier...".

Shocker.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0