Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2003/2004

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
nucks vs devils.....

Finally a game where they put in a coast to coast effort. Clouts was solid when he had to be and what about the Sedins? No more "sister" tag for those two....the boys really do have a solid two line threat now, and the third and fourth lines are showing nicely as well. Too early to plan the parade route, but who knows...if they can carry this on after the all-star break, it's looking pretty good.

lupoman

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Uh, weren't the Canucks ventilated for nine goals in their previous two games? Both of which they lost? Oh, Lupo, you can start planning the parade. It goes all the way through downtown Detroit. Maybe if the Canucks ask nicely the Wings will let them touch the cup.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey spud

yup, the previous two were stinkers, just pointing out that they put in a solid 60 minutes tonight, besides, the Deadthings are to old to hoist the cup. Maybe if they roped it to their walkers......

lupoman

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks' Arvedson to miss rest of season

Canucks' Arvedson to miss rest of season

February 11, 2004
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) -- Canucks forward Magnus Arvedson will miss the rest of the season because of a torn knee ligament.

Arvedson was hurt Jan. 31 against Washington, and last week was optimistic about returning before the playoffs. The tear to the right knee was discovered during surgery Tuesday.

``Happily, the surgery went well and he should recover completely, but usually these injuries take six months,'' Canucks coach Marc Crawford said Wednesday.

Arvedson signed a one-year contract worth $1.5 million in September and will become an unrestricted free agent. The speedy wing spent his first six seasons in Ottawa and has 100 goals and 133 points for his career.

Arvedson also missed games this season with back and groin injuries. He scored seven of his eight goals in the seven games before the injury. He had 15 points for Vancouver.

``It's a significant loss for us,'' Crawford said.

Canucks forward Matt Cooke resumed practicing this week after missing a month with a knee injury. He is expected to return for games this weekend.

amazing_hands

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitley a loss to the nucks but not an injury that they can't overcome. He's a good defensive player which the Canucks don't lack. Now if they could just keep working on the team defence ;)

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blockbuster deal.

Vancouver, B.C. -- Vancouver Canucks President and General Manager Brian Burke announced today that the Canucks have acquired centre Peter Sarno from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for goaltender Tyler Moss. Sarno will report directly to Vancouver’s AHL affiliate, the Manitoba Moose.

Sarno, 24, has played in six games for the Edmonton Oilers this season, recording one goal and two penalty minutes. He has also played in 31 games for Edmonton’s minor league affiliate, the Toronto Roadrunners, recording 18 points (6-12-18) and 29 penalty minutes.

The 5-foot-11 native of Toronto, Ontario was originally selected by the Edmonton Oilers in the sixth round, 141st overall in the 1997 NHL Entry Draft. He was named OHL rookie-of-the-year in 96-97 after recording 83 points (20-63-83) in 66 games.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF is McCaw waiting for?!?!?!

Sign Burkie now!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Nucks by 2 tonight,

~Regs.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
With that hit on Nasland at the end of the second period, do ya think that anyone of the Canucks will stand up for him?

What are the chances?!?!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slim and none... and understandable considering they took the lead early in the third.

Plenty of time for retribution... next Aves/Nucks game will be a war :D

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
... next Aves/Nucks game will be a war :D

~Regs.

March 3 and March 8th are the last two meetings, should be lots of fun for all involved. Hope that Nazzy is OK, he hit his head on the ice hard, not to mention the cheap elbow.

Great win, Clouts was on fire tonight.

hos

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Bert bowling over Morris and Scratchtitz to set up the game winning goal has to be one of my favorite plays of the year.

I can't believe Moore got out of that game alive. What did you think of Rhuttu creating his own retribution by swiping at Foresberg?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canucks toughest player right now aside from Brooksbank is probably Naslund. Its no wonder there was no retribution as he was lying on the ice concussed.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LucVanLierde said:
Big Bert bowling over Morris and Scratchtitz to set up the game winning goal has to be one of my favorite plays of the year.

I can't believe Moore got out of that game alive. What did you think of Rhuttu creating his own retribution by swiping at Foresberg?

Bertuzzi's bowling of the two defensemen was good, and of course helped create the goal, but why not do that stuff more often?!, especially when Naslund gets hit like he did. Bertuzzi had a lot of tough words after the game, but talk is cheap. He should play more like the big man he is. Disappointing.

Rhuttu on the other hand, was brilliant I thought! He had Forseberg spinning in his own anger. Not sure if the sticking in the face was intentional or not, but when he had ahold of Forseberg at the bench, and was trying to get himself over the wall. Hilarious!, that's all I've got to say. He had Forseberg, and yet Forseberg gets the penalty. Ma-gic! :D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really, the one single thing that irritates me the most about the whole thing is that there is no fair method for the Canucks (or any other team in a similar situation) to protect their star player(s). Regardless of whether or not Moore could have held up (he could), whether or not it was clean (it was), or whether or not Markus had his head down (he did), the point is that Moore had no (or little) fear of any repercussions.

For once and for all, get rid of the instigator rule and let the players police themselves.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Slim and none... and understandable considering they took the lead early in the third.

Plenty of time for retribution... next Aves/Nucks game will be a war :D

~Regs.

when will I be exempt from this bitter rivalry? :rolleyes:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't figure out how to delete posts so instead I have to submit this wave file of Cartman if he was coach of the Canucks and watched Naslund receive a cheap shot from Moore.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sweeeeet.

I can't believe that there was not even a 1 game suspension. Aren't they trying to crack down on head shots??? So we thought.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bounty on moore?

I heard something on TSN last night about May putting a bounty out on Moore, but have been unable to find corroborating information. Did he?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, but he retracted it a bit yesterday saying that he was just taking the piss.

Kinda.

~Regs.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Baumgartner is crap

Why is Baumgartner playing with the Canucks??? He is just brutal. Sopel must be happy that there is someone else for us to hate.

Second PP unit has Baumgartner with Malik? That's just beautiful.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0