Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2002/2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
League Cracking Down on Nucks Too

Originally posted by Lupoman
I thought the friggin' NHL was going to be calling the extra stick work and the clutch and grabbing! Last night was fcuking unbelievable!
These infractions are supposed to be called to open the game up for the skilled players.....

Well I think that NHL Head Office is tired of all the Whinning by the Nucks over the Clutching and Grapping of our Top Forwards.

They have come back and said that they are also going to crack down on the "Push Off" move that Bertuzzi does in fornt of the net on the power play. You know "The Move", Nazzy passes from the point to Morrison in the corner, at the same time Bert pushes off the D-Man in front of the Net, gets the pass from Morrison and puts the puck in the back of the Net.

The NHL is sending this Tape to all NHL Refs, telling them that this is a Foul by Bertuzzi, and that it is going to be called as a Penalty.

The Nucks may have whinned a little to much publicly, because now Refs are going to come down on Big Bert when ever he gets Rough around D-Men.
I know Burkie used to work in Head Office, so mabey they are pissed with the way the Nucks have gone so public with the clutching and grabing on Bertuzzi.

Be interesting to see tonight, with Chelios and Bert battling in front of the Net.

GoNucksGo

HOS

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aren't you two idiots sitting RIGHT BESIDE each other. Get some work done. You're interrupting my slack time.

To be on topic... Canucks lose 3-1 tonight. Bet on it.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: League Cracking Down on Nucks Too

Originally posted by Hands of Stone
They have come back and said that they are also going to crack down on the "Push Off" move that Bertuzzi does in fornt of the net on the power play. You know "The Move", Nazzy passes from the point to Morrison in the corner, at the same time Bert pushes off the D-Man in front of the Net, gets the pass from Morrison and puts the puck in the back of the Net.
HOS

A penalty for pushing?:confused: Are they going to call Bert for looking mean next? If Cliff Ronning "pushed" to try and get space in the slot for a shot there would not be any penalty. Once again the NHL not letting talented and entertaining players do what they do best score goals. :confused:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5-2 Wings late in the third.

What a fcuking disgrace.

Fair enough Canucks, I can take a hint, I won't waste any more money on your PPV games.

3 stars, Linden, Lingren and Ruttuu.:rolleyes:

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to your bet tonight Captain the fukcing Flyers lost too so I guess no one is perfect. Cloutier is horrible, I simply don't understand why he plays every night, I am beginning to think that the Apprentice is right. The nuck's had better figure it out, actually, what they need to do is cut Sopel's hair because it makes them look like a bunch of fairies. Fukcing clown that he is, perhaps if he stayed on his feet and didn't flop around he would have a better chance at being better than -15 or whatever he is over the time that Jovo has been out.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the game and Cloutier wasn't the problem it was the second coming of Dana Fcuking Murzun, Malk(sp) and his shite defender buddies that let them down tonight. He had no chance of 4 of the goals. Cloutier that is.

Sopel, needs that awful hair to distract everyone away from his shoc-king face. Looks like a fish that's been out of water to long.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloutier has cooled off as of late, perhaps coming back down to earth after an unreal start by his (or anybody's, for that matter) standards.
No bandwagon jumping here, but Burkie seriously needs to take into consideration what the sport radio cronies across the province have been moaning about...lack of secondary scoring. Adding some depth up front. Splitting up the Sedins.
The longer the Canucks keep showing up with a one-trick pony in the Bert-Mo-Nazzy line, the more teams will figure out how to neutralize them. And when you neutralize them, you basically contain the entire team.

Originally posted by knvb
Malk

High In Vitamin R? Bonus points for anybody who can place this vague reference.

-Sensei.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess no one is perfect.

Good point, One Dart. You would know this better than anyone. By the way, why are you so interested in my Flyers progress? I guess I can't blame you, especially after they land Kovalev before the trade deadline. Czechmanek's numbers are looking good this year and I am almost sold on the fact he might have a good playoff run.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else notice that the Wings weren't just dumping the puck in last night but taking shots from center on Cloutier! They (the Wings that is) have his number big time.

And yes, it is become crystal clear that the "nucks" are a one line team and those types of teams just can't win the playoffs.

John

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
alarm bells ringing?

Well maybe not yet, but last nights game sure re-exposed some areas of concern....very poor defensive zone coverage, Canucks players left their marks to chase the puck three times and were stripped of the puck for the other two goals. Also as has been stated already, the lack of secondary scoring is holding this team back. The Sedins once again are content to just cycle the puck without generating any sustained pressure. Time to split them again, I think. We will have to wait and see what the coaching staff will do and if Burke will start tinkering.

lupoman

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty good game tonight as the boys stopped their losing skid at two. We finally saw Skudra in net and he did not disappoint. Naslund's goal was special, Bierk had no idea where he was and then, oh, top shelf far side. Brilliant.

sillyrabbit

Aug 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Game

One Dart, couldnt agree more..

Excellent game tonight.. thought Skudra, Linden and Warriner had excellent games (except for lindens giveaway).. Defense looked good and good support for each other when mistakes were made, teammates were there to back them up.

I would like to see them give Skudra a couple of games so Cloutier knows that there is some competition for the #1 job.

Letowski looked good with the sisters and Cooke was his usual firey self..

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes it did. Good news.:D

The Vancouver Canucks have signed defenceman Ed Jovanovski and forward Trevor Linden to new multi-year contract extensions.

Jovanovski's new contract is a three-year, $15 million deal that will see him receive $5 million per season. Linden's deal is a three-year, $6.3 million contract that will pay him $2.1 million per season. There is a club option for a fourth year.

"This is an important day," said Canucks general manager Brian Burke at a news conference Monday afternoon. "These are two important players. It's an important statement on our behalf."

Jovanovski, 26, is in the final year of a contract that pays him $2.8 million US this season and would have become a restricted free agent July 1. Linden, 32, would have become an unrestricted free agent at the same time.

The Canucks still have 14 players whose contracts come due at the end of the season, including goaltender Dan Cloutier, twins Daniel and Henrik Sedin, defenceman Murray Baron and right-winger Trent Klatt.

The Canucks were tied with Detroit for second in the Western Conference Monday with a 29-16-5-0 record for 63 points.

Cloutier said the signings send a positive message about management's commitment to keep the Canucks competitive.

"You have to keep your star players here and your leadership here," he said. "There is no doubt in my mind they were going to get them done. It's nice to have it done early in the season like this."

Jovanovski has been out of the lineup since he fractured his left heel in a Dec. 28 game against Anaheim. He skated for about 50 minutes on Sunday morning.

While the Canucks had the day off today, Jovanovski skated hard on his own. He's aiming to participate in a full practice with the Canucks on Wednesday and hopes to be able to play for Vancouver on Thursday. If so, he would be good to go for this weekend's NHL All-Star game in south Florida.

"Rare combination of skill and toughness," Burke said of Jovanovski. "He's just coming into his own. I think the best is yet to come."

Jovanovski was picked first overall by Florida in the 1994 draft and helped the Panthers reach the Stanley Cup final in 1996.

He was traded to Vancouver on Jan. 17, 1999, in the deal that sent Pavel Bure to Florida.

Linden was taken second overall by the Canucks in 1988 and played nine seasons before being dealt the New York Islanders in 1998. He also played a short stint in Montreal before being dealt to Washington in March of 2001.

"Off the ice, he sets just as important as an example as he does on the ice," Burke said of Linden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0