Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2002/2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panties

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh Lord the Canucks are in trouble if Cloutier's injury is worse then it apears. Who is this Skudra bum, he looked terrible against Colorado.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bit of a hiccup....

ya well, the boys got rolling a little late tonight and yes, Skudra did not play particularilly well. Games like this are going to happen. No biggy kids, this team is the real deal.. keep plannin' that parade route!

lupoman

soccerplayer13

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the canucks destroyed the ducks last night and naslund got his 24th goal of the year, the next game is on new years eve against a big rival the toronto maple leafs, i think it will be a high scoring game, the final score will be 6-5 for the canucks, naslund will get his 25th, 26th, and 27th goal of the year, bertuzzi will get 2 and matt cooke will get 1 with morrison assisting on 4 of the 5 goals, naslunds hat trick will come on a break away:wa:

GO CANUCKS GO

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leafs vs. Nucks

Anyone going? If there is any one game of the regular season I'd love to attend, this is the one. Went last year, and what a blast! The atmosphere in the building is electric.

No prediction on the score, just a win.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow! You're such a big fan that you're comming all the way over the ocean to see them play? Now that's dedication. Damn...and me without my tea.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
.......and me without my tea

Is that another puerile attempt at slagging of the English? Weak. Us Canadians don't drink tea, obviously. We're too busy shoving stakes into maple trees and licking syrup off the snow.

I thought I told you to try and think existentially?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloning could be the answer for people like you

Sounds like a delicious snowcone. You think Her Majesty (God, Betty Ford, or somebody please save this woman) would ever consider changing "tea time" to "snowcone time"?

Snowcone time. Has a nice ring to it.;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not too shabby...

We are at mid-season and the Nucks are looking like contenders rather than pretenders!!!;) Hockey in this town is great when the Canucks are winning, BUT unfortunately when we are losing the muppets crawl out of their closets to slag the lads!!!:mad: "Trade Bertuzzi, he's a bum"... "Burke is an idiot"... "The Sedin sisters are wee bitches"... (OK I've said that one before), but still I love to see the turn coats jump up onto the wagon when all is well in Canuckville!!! The same bastards take all of the tickets during the playoffs, but wouldn't pay to see the beloved Orca's play Minnisota, Nashville or Columbus during the regular season???
Fair weather fans make up %60 of the population in Vancouver... It's the same on every football team across the lower mainland, you always get certain guys not making training when the team is on a bad streak or it's raining outside!!! They always seem to be injured during the week, but miraculously recover for the weekend???:rolleyes:
Regardless of the weak unloyal fans we have in this city, it sure is a hockey town and people take notice when things (good or bad) happen!!!

Bringonthenogoodstinkin'outtabetossedoutoftheNHLLeafs!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's the same on every football team across the lower mainland, you always get certain guys not making training when the team is on a bad streak or it's raining outside!!! They always seem to be injured during the week, but miraclously recover for the weekend???

Oddly enough, some people have families and other minor commitments in life. :rolleyes: I'm sure a lot of players are getting paid in the VMSL, so soccer is surely the number one priority in every player's life. :rolleyes:

As for the Canucks, they are shite. Okay, I have to be honest and say they are doing a hell of a lot better than I(and most others) anticipated. Cloutier has played very well and Skudra has filled in admirably. I am definitely not on the band wagon, unless I actually have a bet on them, like I did the other night against Anaheim. Go Flyers. It is good for the city though when the Canucks are doing well, especially the pubs.

Captain

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toronto what?

The boy's looked good against the Ducks, hit em early and hit em lots! The Maple Laughs shoulda saved their money and stayed home... they're goin' back empty handed!

lupoman

soccerplayer13

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the CANUCKS have a tough game ahead of them facing the ottowa senators. this should be a great game two of the top teams in the nhl going at it on wednsday night (and both of them from canada).......................right now the canucks are sitting in second place in the wild west but with a victory on wednsday we could grab a hold of first place.
i hope naslund could crack 30 against the sens.

GO CANUCKS GO :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertuzzi

morrison to bertuzzi,slick pass to naslund one timet bertuzzi GOOAALL

sidnutsaboutcanucks:rolleyes:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What . . . a . . . goal.

I really hate to say it, but the first person I thought of was Bure. I haven't seen a Canuck go coast-to-coast since the bottom half of the 90's.

Beauty!

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got back from the Canuck/Sens game and apart from all the penalties it was a very entertaining one to watch. You're right keeper that coast to coast goal by Naslund was a beauty, he just sailed through untouched.
Apart from the big guns the Nucks have the most impressive players tonight was Cooke, he was every where especially in Chara's face any chance he could get. It waas great to see him get that short-handed goal also as he more than deserved it.
One player who had a brutal game tonight was Sopel, it was like he didn't know how to control a puck. Twice in front of the net the puck went right under his stick.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The penos turned this into a mismatch- too bad- but the goals were highlight real quality!

Matt Cook looked like a sniper on his goal. I was especially happy to see Jarko Ruttu get one. When he put it in, I thought that one would turn out to be huge. It was the winner in the end. What hussle he showed.

Again, too bad the refs ruined what could have been a tight, playoff type match...but at least the "Nucks got the benefit. Take the two points and run.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demolition,

I didn't notice Sopel having a brutal game so much but one guy who did was Cloutier, at least in the puck handling/distribution side of things.

He whiffed on one for a (shorthanded) goal and then proceeded to fcuk it up every time he touched the puck after that. It was uncanny!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks dominant over Sens

Let's get one thing out in the open, I may be wrong or right, but speed kills!!! (ex) Canucks speed vs Sens speed...
Vancouver had 14 PP's compared to Ottawa's 4... In my opinion, after the first period, the Canucks were the only team carrying the puck to the net and using the tranisition game by breaking out with team speed... They kept their feet moving and getting open in dangerous spots... That is why they had soo many PP's!!! I don't like to see PP after PP, but when Ottawa keep tripping, clutching, grabbing and high sticking in retalliation (not to mention knee hunting) they are bound to get a penalty???

Hockey is a tough game and the biggest problem in the game today is whether the ref is going to call everything or let the players play... Wayne and Mario want to see open offensive hockey... Jacquies Lemaire and Pat Burns love the trap... Each game is called differently and to me that is the biggest issue...

Last night Jim Hughston brought up a valid point in regards to the Sens disipline... "They keep waiting for the officials to even it up"... After each PP went to waste I couldn't help but think (they are wasting their chances and Ottawa will be getting their PP's soon)...

Is that fair or not fair??? Even up all calls??? One team is disiplined, the other is not, who should get more time in the sin bin???

This issue can be looked at from different angles... I wouldn't expect the incompitent KNVB to grasp the subject (as he thinks the canucks still wear canary yellow), but as a hockey lover and a HUGE Canucklehead I believe the officials didn't make one bad call... Yeh maybe they called it tight and made the whole game virtually 5 on 4, but at least they were consistant...

We can't say the same for the shaft job Kerry Fraser gave the Canadiens in New Jersey!!! One peno is GK interference, yet the next time the goalie is tripped blatently (this pains me to support the Habs BTW) and leads to a GWG there is no call??? That is out and out bush league material that the NHL must address, rather than fine and suspend some of the Montreal coaching staff for getting upset after being robbed!!! I can appreciate the tough decisions referee's must make in a kunt hair of a second, but for christ sake be consistant across the board!!!

CanucksarebetterthantheSensnanananana!!!! :wa: :knvb: :wa: :knvb:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter the pumkin eater

It is bangwagon jumping, negative, uneducated, forgetting, hasn't been laid lately grummpy old bastards like you that drive true fans crazy!!!:mad:
How easy we forget that Dan Cloutier (not Naslund, Bertuzzi, Jovo, Mo or Linden) that has been the Canucks MVP so far this season!!!
A small portion of the crowd at the Garage last night should be ashamed to call them selves hockey fans... Jeering and booing Clouts after he makes a single mistake for the team he has carried in many games this year and last!!! The kid is good and yes he made a mistake, but for fcuk sakes leave him alone and support his backside when he is fighting the puck a bit!!! If we get on his back and ride his wave in when he is dominant, then we better as hell support him when he is battling it... Some bastards have booed every goalie out of town since captain Kirk including Sean Burke who is one of the premier gk's in the NHL...

Ease up you hypicrits, peeps like peter piper picking his penis are the reason Vancouver gets a bad name for being uneducated fans... This is a brilliant hockey city and it is nice to see everyone's girlfriend, ma, gran and wee dog lucy get interested in the team while they are hot, but we must not forget how the tough times were...

Pete, do you get pissed at Mo every time he misses a break away (which has happened a few times in the last couple of weeks)???

Get bent you useless twat!!!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0