Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup The Pakenham Cup 2003 Final Four?

Who will win the Pakenham Cup?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Rangers

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • GN Sporting

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Le match

Originally posted by Crafty Cokcney

We have scheduled the U-21 Challenge Cup Final at 11.00 AM on the North field and the RANGERS v. GN SPORT on the big boys field ( South ) at 2.15 PM

PAKENHAM CUP & PRESIDENTS CUP FINALS

JOHN OLIVER PARK - APRIL 6TH, 2003

LookingforwardtotheRangersorGNcomingtoCraftyshouse

Cheers:

Crafty:

Rangers haven't had any luck at JO this year. Our DMH squad provided them with their only defeat of the season....if you can get the fog to roll in, Delta is a sure bet to win:rolleyes:

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: GN vs rangers

I dont think rangers even have a slight chance of winning this one. My prediction GN 4 - rangers 1, which will be scored from a breakaway.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crafty, Sixfyv

How is the pitch at JO park??..... is it any good after it rains, like will it hold up or will the game be changed to another location if alot of rain does come down??

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Secret Transcript from the Ranger's lockerroom...

Off topic: Skytrain, check your box.

On topic: Very quiet in Ranger land this week. Too quiet. The muzzle rule must be in effect.

Luckily, I once again have a transcript of Coach’s pep talk that took place last night at training…

“OK. Good training tonight lads, everyone’s firing on all cylinders. Even you Frase…it may be an 18 wheeler firing on all cylinders, but you’re firing….it may take you 2 minutes and 5 gear changes to get up to speed, but you’re firing baby…you’re firing! Now stop the firing, it stinks in here. Ok. We can’t take these guys lightly boys. For a bunch of 19 year old wet paper bags, they can run, and they have skill. Hey, Jacko…stop taking those bets on the goal differential! Wait, put me down for $10- Rangers by 5. Ok. We have to win Sunday lads, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Speaking of butts, stop mooning me and listen to what I have to say…this is important, OK? Ok…where was I? Oh yeah…we have to win, the pride of the club is resting on this one….Jesus Christ! Would you all stop talking about “Married by America” for a second and listen to me? OK…where was I? Of yeah…we need to go back to the show, because it means at least two more games of fundraising….two more games will mean the Ranger’s cooler pays for all expense paid golf in…wait for it…Kuwait! That’s right! One week of sun, surf, and lot’s of sand traps! We got a great deal on this too…the travel agent says it’s a little hot there right now, but we can handle it, right lads? Christ Frase…how many fcuking times do I gotta tell you to turn off that blender when I’m talking here? Ok. So, to wrap things up…buy lots of beer tonight! FUNDRAISE!!! FUNDRAISE!!! FUNDRAISE!!! Fcuk me…is anyone listening to me? Oh well…pass me a daqueri…Ok."

I know I'd be fired up after a speach like that.:D

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im on a roll

Well another prediction gone wrong.I was hoping that geu would bring their "A" game that they usually bring against poco, but they looked very uninspired from the opening whistle. Some guys looked like they hadn't done anything in 5 weeks, I wonder why?
Speaking of wondering, why did geu only have 2 subs on the sidelines? After all it was the semis of the pak.
After playing them 3 times and watching 2 of their games I declare delta the most opportunistic team I have seen this year {maybe hte last 2 years}.They seem to get their goals when they need them the most and thats usually a sign of a good team.
Good luck kids, Im officially on the delta band wagon from here on. I will pray to the great Allah for you.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why you ask

Why did GEU only have 2 subs on the sidelines? Well because he didn't bother to sign anyone permanently to the premier team before the deadline that's why.

If you noticed, for most of the season he had guys called up from the CAT team for subs and they were not signed to the Premeir roster. And a good thing too as we needed them all just to field teams for the CAT games.

Somewhere along the way both teams lost people on the roster and were scrounging to field teams.

:rolleyes:

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: last night at the GN practice

Apparently the Rangers were in full force watching their opposition practice yesterday. I assume they witness the new GN formation, of 7-2-1. It will take the Rangers a little more than watching one GN practice to get by the big 7 defencemen that GN will play with.
New prediction:
GN 4, Rangers 0, with the SFC chunkyman getting a red for whining, then running on the field and falling on his potatoe.

Go Peace Arch :wa:

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has is that Danny Gill is making his return this weekend after acouple of weeks trying out in England, i havnt heard anything about him playing tomorrow but hopefully he plays so Rangers watch out :D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers in PKs

Couldn't make the match, but just got the call as they're going into the changerooms.

0-0 after OT.
We took in Penos.
Verbatum from the gaffer:
"They are a very good team".

Our keeper, Ian Johnstone (get used to the name) with three PK saves.

Yeah baby.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Rangers in PKs

Congrats to the Rangers........again! :mad:

It was a wet one at JO today. A fairly even match in the first half. GN had more of the ball in the second I thought, as the Rangers lost a bit of their piss and vinegar. Both teams had some decent strikes on net, and chances to win it in regulation time. Lets clarify one thing though Ranger/coach:

Originally posted by Rangerforever
"They are a very good team".

They (GN) are a 5th place premier team!! ;)

Skipdisgruntledhewaswatchingandnotplayingtoday

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 0- Rangers 0 (won on PK's)

Good and exciting game at JO today, 0-0 during the game and then Rangers won it 3-2 in PK's, both teams had numberous chances, and its too bad that we came out on the losing end in the PK's. We gave it our all and the guys played their hearts out, but too bad we didnt win. Inder Nijjar had a excellent game in defense and Kenny Aujla played an excellent game in net, Congrats to Ranger for making it three years in a row gettin into the Pak final.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by star #1
and then Rangers won it 3-2 in PK's,

Ta ta, let's not lose sight of the fact we didn't have to hit out last PK. :p

I agree, shitty way to decide a winner.
But, we'll take it.

I can't help but think Oh Starry One, would it have been different had your bad wheel been good and YOU were facing the PK menace? ;)

Oh, and Skippy, let's not forget for the first 2/3rds of the season who were the "surprise" team in the valley shall we?
They may have finished 5th but obviously they gave a lot of teams fits this year.
I feel bad for GN actually as a BC match would have given them a taste for such a young team.

Best wishes to Raiguy, Madhandle etc. - you had a great year boys.

Star buddy: Why was Kenny Gill a scratch? :confused:

RFpissedoffatcoachingandworkcommittments

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Rangerforever

Ta ta, let's not lose sight of the fact we didn't have to hit out last PK. :p

I saw coach pacing at the center circle hoping for a gn miss:p
Too bad you didn't have a chance with the game on the line coach...it woulda been good drama.

Congrats to the Rangers
Gn battled
Solid game siver fox and others...

the boys were ready to chant KennyKenny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0