Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The House of Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Before anyone else wastes their time checking on Jimmy H's statement:

96-97: Francis 90, Damphousse 81
97-98: Francis 87, Recchi 74
98-99: Francis 52, Koivu 44
99-00: Francis 73, Rucinsky 49
00-01: Francis 65, Koivu 47

Kurganisbored.

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Theodore the difference

In yesterdays game against the Avs the Habs defenitley looked like the team that was winning games in the beginning of the season. Then there was theodore who had stoped 32 of 33 shots. He looked fantastic. I think that habs are back and with a little time they will be back above 500 in no time.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great time to be a HABS fan. They get the point against one of the best teams in the league and Jose Theodore is back in the pipes. Plus, the flyers lost. Theodore looked good and if the team in front of him can pick it up they definitelly have a shot at the play-offs.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgan

Kurgan

Thank you my friend,i'll see ya next monday,make sure you bring your bowling boots;)

HAB fans

Theodore was good and he will help them but they still need lots of help,their finding it hard to find the net right now:eek:

FRANCIS is KING

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy, Bad kit night is Sunday - Hairy Cheatside is Monday. Of course we could try to get Jinky to dress up both nights!

And now on topic.... In Montreal, hockey is a religion. Will anyone, anyone at all really care about the Expos? With all of Quebec and all of French Canada supporting only the Habs, why can't/don't they compete with the rich US clubs fro free agents rather than struggling along in mediocrity?

Guy!

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgan

Why don't you take the expos out of this thread, and discuss this topic in the baseball thread. This is the House of Habs not expos

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Read it again Coppertone

Kurgans post was only about the Habs. He merely mentioned the Expos to make a point about how Quebec only supports hockey, so the management should spend more money, and put a competetive team on the ice. Personally I enjoy watching them suck, so I kind of hope they don't.

Glad I could clarify for you. Just another public service from your freindly moderator......TheRob.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks TheRob

Well I think that the HABS have a competitive team on the ice and we should not worry about them. If the team stays healthy they will be in the playoffs come March.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks TheRob.:)

why can't/don't they compete with the rich US clubs
they refers to the Habs and not the Expos.:rolleyes:

KurganknowswhyhevotedMrCformostannoying.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgan,

I thought about what you said and it is true.The owners should realize, now that the expos are gone the Montreal Canadiens are the only professional team in Montreal in a Big market League. The problem is that the Canadian Dollar is hampering any effort to go out and spend more money . The HABS payroll is 15th in the league. That is way up from last year. If they along with every other Canadian team get support from the gov't or tax deduction they would be able to spend more money without the fear of losing over 10-15 million or even folding.

The Rob, You should spend more time trying to pick a justifiable Canuck of The Wekk instead of Bashing the HABS and Coppertone.;)

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Habs WIN!

Good to see the HABS on track with a win against Nashville. Petrov played his first game back and you could tell he made a big difference on a line with Brian Savage and Perrault. Theodore was Huge tonight.
We stole two points tonight, it's as simple as that," said Therrien. "Jose Theodore made big saves throughout the game. We're going take the two points and go to the bank and deposit them."
GO HABS GO

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty tired right now," said Theodore, who turned away all 17 Predators shots in the final period. "But I've got to make big saves, that's my job."

Someone should get Cloutier to read the last part.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That shows you're bad when......

You're obviously a fcuking cnut of a team, when you steal TWO points from the Nashville Predators . Habs' fans must be delirious with the result......:rolleyes: BTW, how fcuking bad are the cnuts from Montreal?

They will lose to the Islanders on Saturday, get stuffed by whoever they play on Sunday, and the get walloped by the Bruins on Tuesday. Unlucky Habs' followers. Get used to your fcuking crap team.

CaptainwhoknowsJoseTheodoreshouldbeintheICECAPADES

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgan, Jimmy Holiday

Point of interest.

Francis vs the Habs.

I agree with Jimmy, I would love to have Francis on the Habs...

1998/1999

Francis 52 points in 82 games = 0.63 points per game

Recchi 47 points in 61 games = 0.77 points per game

Captain.
You know your team is shite when you have not won a cup in 25 years.
Although Philly has been to the dance twice since....well, doesn't mean anything, so have the Canucks.
:p

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Preds

From what I saw off the high\lites last night, the Preds outshot the Habs 31 to 13. Theodore stole 2 points and stood on his head to get them.
13 shots??? Thats a good total for a period, not a game

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One other thought

Now that the Habs are owned by Americans, do they still get to use the crappy Canadain Dollar as an excuse to suck?

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Dcikhead, The flyers were lucky to take 2 from the lighting last night, so what the fcuk are you bitching about. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0