Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The House of Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
capt

why do u hate the habs so much?, u hate the habs as much as buckfast hates the bhoys, the habs are and will be better than the canucks ( who are shite), and your beloved flyers, u are bitter because the flyers are always choke when it comes to the big matches.;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Habs suck

Nice attempted save, Theadore (or however you spell your fcuking name)...

Cloutier with another stellar performance today.

~TB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate them because....

they are French Canadian. That is enough for me. The people there stink, they have crappy fans, and most importantly, they have a shocking team. Other than that, they are okay.

Unlucky with the overtime loss to the Rangers.........:)

Roll on Flyers.

Rangers 3 Havenots 2

I guess that is a great point for them since it was an overtime loss. :rolleyes:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

You knowledge of hockey is very limited, why do you bash the HABS? You never even replied to my tpp of the Canucks . You come out and say Cloutier is so great everytime he only faces 15 or less shots against an expansion team but where are you when he his continually giving up weak goals and losses vs contenders. I' m still waiting for your reply.

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capt.

You still talk all this crap about the habs but your forget to look at the standing, and the habs are still only 2 points away from your flyers. That is why I can't understand you. You say they are such a great team, but I have not seen one real injury this year from them what is there excuse for playing so badly?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

Copperarse,

You say they are such a great team, but I have not seen one real injury this year from them what is there excuse for playing so badly?

I don't recall saying they are a great team. I did say that they are my favorite team and I think they have a strong chance in the east, but other than that.........

As for an excuse, I don't need one. Everyone will lose in this league, some more than others.......

Final 1st 2nd 3rd Total
Montreal 1 1 1 3
Boston 2 0 3 5

Scoring Summary
First Period
Boston - 6:16, Samsonov 7 (J Thornton, Lapointe)
Montreal - 7:44, Markov 1 (Rucinsky, Zednik)
Boston - 15:34, Murray 9 (Sweeney)

Second Period
Montreal - 19:14, Bulis 3 (power play) (Markov, Dackell)

Third Period
Boston - 4:21, Rolston 8 (Sweeney, Odonnell)
Boston - 11:14, Guerin 4 (Stumpel)
Montreal - 19:06, Petrov 6 (Markov)
Boston - 19:20, J Thornton 7 (empty net) (unassisted)

Team Shots on Goal Power Plays
1ST 2ND 3RD TOTAL CONVERTED TOTAL
Montreal 3 5 12 20 1 4
Boston 13 5 17 35 0 1

What do you think? Goaltending? Theodore was in net? Boston's goalie stood on his head? Let's hear it.

Captainwhoisrealisingeverydayhowmuchofaputzcoppertoneis

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Habs should get Potvin

Is that two games in a row that Theodore came up with the same nice save? He's pretty consistent I geuss...

Cloutier for Prime Minister.

~TB.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Habnots

I must say I sure love watching the Habs losing to the Bruins, I know that I'm going to get all these hab fans telling me about the past hab glory days and all their cups, SO WHAT. Stop living in the past and get used to the present, and watch your little storied franchise one day get moved by their new AMERICAN owner to the states.

Demowhojustfeelslikestirringthepotalittlemorebecauseitissoeasytogetunderahabsfanskin!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Habs should get Potvin

Originally posted by Regs
Is that two games in a row that Theodore came up with the same nice save? He's pretty consistent I geuss...

Cloutier for Prime Minister.

~TB.
Are you refering to that sweet goal Guerin scored last night Regs? No keeper could have stopped that. Not even Cloutier.:rolleyes:

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demolition

I Have not seen one hab fan on here live in the past so until we do you can keep your stupid comments to yourself.

As for the game the team didn't play well infront of Theodore. You can't blame theodore when you are getting shot after shot. The team didn't defend well, but I think they will rebound back with a big win agaisnt the panthers then get there revenge on tuesday agaisnt the Bruins.

demoscommentsmakenosensecausethebruinsfansarethesameway:D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coppertone,

These guys that come here and bash the HABS just come on here to get us going. They probably used to like the HABS and fell off the bandwagon when the team started to struggle. Stay true to the HABS and you will be rewarded. And to the Canucks fans who say HABS fans live in the past, atleast we have a past to be proud of.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hab Fans

Coppertone and Apprentice it is not that anyone on here has lived in the the past. It is just that whenever the habs are struggling, any hab fan that I have talked to (actually every hab fan that I work with, and there are many) all they can do is point to the past and don't even bother discuss the present habs.
As for keeping my comments to myself I do believe this is the Hab forum and it is Take the Piss so I will comment on the Habs as I see fit.
And yes Theodore cannot be blamed for the game, he is a very good goalie, which Montreal is glad to have.

Demowhobelievesthataslongasyourintherightthreadjustposttillyourheartscontentanwillneverandhasnevereverbeenahabsfan

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demo,

Your right , this is the HOUS OF HABS thread and any post about the HABS either good or Bad is welcome. Most HABS fans live in the past but most of the posting in this thread has been about the HABS of present. Your welcome here anytime. And Theodore is a good goalie.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I wasn't neccesarily writing about posts on here, just about my past, present and no doubt future experiences, and I knoe if come tuesday IF the habs win and that is A big if I know I'm going to here it to.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only thing you'll be hearing if the HABS win vs the Panthers:

GO HABS GO, GO HABS GO, GO HABS GO,GO HABS GO,

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That would be awesome....

That would be a win of epic proportions beating the Florida Panthers...

Carolina 22 10 7 3 2 25 53 55 7-5-2 3-4-1
Washington 19 6 11 2 0 14 44 60 3-3-1 3-8-1
Tampa Bay 17 5 10 1 1 12 32 42 3-4-1 2-7-0
Florida 18 4 10 2 2 12 39 54 2-8-0 2-4-2
Atlanta 17 3 11 1 2 9 31 64 2-4-1 1-9-0

4 wins, 10 losses, and a couple of ties. Montreal's winning percentage will be very similar at the end of the year.

:D

Captain

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, As a true flyers fan ( no doubting that you are) You can't be too happy with the start your club has had. I know that if the HABS had the money and the players the flyers have I wouldn't be to confident on my team having a good chance at winning the cup. Thats what it is all about isn't it. For the higher profile teams it has to be either win the cup or the season was a waste. I consider the flyers a high profile team, along with the stars, wings,av's, and devils. All of these teams come in to the season anticipating nothing less than a cup. For these teams it is a realistic goal. But the way the flyers have been playing , so far, they have to not be considered as a cup contender. As for the HABS realistically there goals along with other lower market teams has to be the playoffs and I am not to sure about that they way they are playing. So, I would like to know if you agree with me or not?

Being Realistic, THE APPRENTICE

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As I mentioned before.....

The Flyers have started slowly over the last couple of years(Lindros was a big factor in a lot of this) and then managed to put together a long unbeaten run mid-way through the season. They have not had the goaltending over the last couple of years(although Cechmanek improved last year) to take a serious run at the cup. Lindros was an achilles heal towards the end, after having a strong impact on guys like LeClair. Bobby Clarke was a great inspiration when he was a player, but he is a dickhead of a manager. He is similar to Brian Burke in some ways since he is never willing to admit that he may have made a mistake along the way. The Flyers have not won a Stanley Cup since the mid 70's before the Montreal, NYIslanders, and Edmonton dynasties. The bottom line is the Flyers fcuked up big time when they gave up so much for Lindros. I always believed they gave up too much at the time, even before seing how much Forsberg dominated the league......

Anyway, I still don't think they are good enough this year to win the Cup, because Clarke's ego will get in the way somehow. But, they will finish second or third in the East and get to the conference finals.

As for your small market/big market argument, it is untrue. Montreal has a huge market in Montreal and around the league. They average over 18 000 game but are just too cheap to shop around and buy a few free agents. They will have to do it soon, if they ever want to make the playoffs again.

Captain

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Captain, sure Montreal gets 18,000 a game and that is great but I am not trying to talk about the amount of people that go to a game or the number of Jerseys they sell around the league. They pay over 15 million in taxes a year. The most taxes in the nhl. I'd be cheap too when your constantlly having to give all your spending money to the Government. What are they going to pay free agents with . They went out and tried to sign some big names ( mainly Bret Hull) but the HABS along with every other team in Canada besides the leafs, do not have that extra 1-2 million that is needed to lure the big names. Then you think about all the former Habs playing around the league and wonder wether they were traded cause the HABS couldn't afford their contracts? So I don't consider the HABS big market team just another small market team with a big market fanbase.:(

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HABS 1-PANTHERS 0

Well deserved win for the HABS, they peppered Luongo with shots but he was having the game of his life. Florida, is by far the one of the worst teams in the nhl. Without Pavel this team is doesn't have a chance to win.. Luongo made about 6 play of the day type saves but let a weak one in during overtime. HABS deserved the win but Luongo was the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0