Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003/2004 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banks

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DOM/wac

Some good matches to watch tonite with your thermal underwear.Bring a hot tottie,or 2.Should be -2 at 9:00.Some snow falling in Port Moody,and Poco,but the groundsmen will have it clear for the kickoff.The Wack should be packin chains for the ride.The snow always hits the Wack,you know they will be ready.Look out for the Chili faithful trying to keep warm with barrels of Jimmy Beam.:)

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by knvb
Or he'll tell you what he thinks to your face. :eek: He told me he's going to shove you in a mud puddle. This I have to see, or at the very least be around when he gets all teary-eyed and hands out free pints.

Ever the opportunist, KNVB

hahahahaha

Rhider shocked KNVB has a sense of humor:eek: ...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
apparently i posted in the wrong place, i guess me being new to this and all.:D....A close game tonight at albion park...tight after the first 45 with a few chances both ways. geu netted one early in the stages of the second half about 15 in. Aldergrove unlucky at the end with a offside goal with about 4 minutes left. Although a close game must say that the officiating was terrible both ways, some calls where just shocking. well on to the wack next week better have our game faces on
:mad:

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
When I left it was Wack 3 Poco 2 in the second half don't know if Poco tied it up .

Cheers
Rex

tpranger

Oct 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilli 3 Poco 3

Back and forth battle, with chilliwack taking it to them in the early on, but left at half down a goal. We started the second half strong scoring three goals in the first ten minutes. At this point it looked like we had it in the bag. Unfortunetly, Poco showed why their in first and poured it on scoring two goals to tie it up. I can't say that any of the goals where very pretty, and I am sure both goalies would like another crack at some of them.

jbeck

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilli 3 Poco 3

Hard fought battle out in Poco tonight. Lots of crunching tackles even on that crap that supposedly passes for a pitch. And many of the boys from both sides sprinted miles out there. But perhaps that was just to keep warm. Either way, it made for an entertaining game. With the cold, the round ice cube that was being knocked around, and the many strange goals off of deflections,(Poco's third was from a guy who literally posted up, screened our keeper, and redirected a shot Bertuzzi-style) it almost felt like the big game at Commonwealth came a day early. Anyways, hats off to both sides for fighting through the elements and the brutal start time--the 9pm start was delayed at least 30min by a girl's playoff game that went to shootout beforehand--to put on a good show for the frozen faithful.

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 3 Wack 3

What a great game to play. Enjoyed it immensly. Have to agree that the goals were not that pretty. Cam's was nice and Kirby's was cheeky. I'm assuming that GEU beat Aldergrove which gives GEU first place by a point. For a team that hasn't lost, I guess well deserved. We now have to beat GEU (and not screw up any other games) in order to regain first place.

It was good to see Buhner partying with us after the game. Sorry for making you down a few;)

Draventakingpersonalresponsibilityforthethirdgoalagainst:mad:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Draven

That's a very nice compliment to GEU...........i guess.
:rolleyes:

GEU did not put on a good showing last night. Centre Mid played through a bout of the mexican flew :) , with a half time break to empty the contents of his stomach. Cheers to him for sticking it out the whole game.

On to Chilli next week, and better play a different game next week or it's gonna be a tough one.
Looking forward to the post game festivities.
:D

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley/Delta

Just a warning to the Delta boys. We will not have lights on until 6:45 and likely no changerooms tonight (unless another group has the field booked prior to this which I do not believe to be the case). All due to an ass backwards township we live in and a unorganized club I find myself a member of. Have at me/us but I can assure you that I have done all possible to rectify this.

Embarrassing and bush league. My apologies in advance.

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
geu grove

1-0 win for geu. not a pretty game yet not many of them are when you play aldergrove.hard working bunch that doesnt give you alot of time with the ball. will take the three points though and with the poco chilli tie moves geu into 1st place:D :D the middle of november and geu hasn't lost a match and finally we are in top spot, tough league, as it will get tougher to stay at the top. on to chilli next week should be a cracker to say the least any score in the pau nd match

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
absolutely

Can,
Guiness was nice enough to return my call last night and let me know that PAU did win last night. 2-0 or 2-1, can't remember for sure but it looks like PAU may have sorted themselves out and are ready to start their winning ways again.

From what i hear, Lions had a few new faces out, maybe the ones that Knight Rider has been saying they're missing, for the whole season.

yodaeagerlyawaitingthelionsexcusesthistime

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Langley/Delta

Originally posted by LFC2
Just a warning to the Delta boys. We will not have lights on until 6:45 and likely no changerooms tonight (unless another group has the field booked prior to this which I do not believe to be the case). All due to an ass backwards township we live in and a unorganized club I find myself a member of. Have at me/us but I can assure you that I have done all possible to rectify this.

Embarrassing and bush league. My apologies in advance.

As a Langley user group don't you lads have keys for lights, change rooms, washrooms etc....

How do the lights come on at 6.45... Is it on a timer ? or is somebody coming out in person.?

buhner

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Poco 3 Wack 3

Originally posted by Draven
What a great game to play. Enjoyed it immensly. Have to agree that the goals were not that pretty. Cam's was nice and Kirby's was cheeky. I'm assuming that GEU beat Aldergrove which gives GEU first place by a point. For a team that hasn't lost, I guess well deserved. We now have to beat GEU (and not screw up any other games) in order to regain first place.

It was good to see Buhner partying with us after the game. Sorry for making you down a few;)

Draventakingpersonalresponsibilityforthethirdgoalagainst:mad:

well it was a good game out in poco last night .. back and fourth all game wack should have had it in the bag but .. to many young guys got a little head of the game and let the poco boy's back into it.. full credit to the poco boys for a great game..

cheers to draven banks and the rest of the lads for the many pints after the game ..

:wa: :wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must admit...it is puzzling how the township seems to treat our team / club, as far as use of facilities goes. No trust? Policy?

Having played in Poco, Surrey, and Vancouver as an adult, this is the only district where the city does not provide the team w/ keys to the rooms or lights.

Just odd, and I know it frustrates Sub & LFC to no end because they take shite from all of us when it's actually out of their control.

Oh well...bring out the hot coffee and Irish whiskey tonight!

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Langley/Delta

Originally posted by Crafty Cokcney
As a Langley user group don't you lads have keys for lights, change rooms, washrooms etc....

How do the lights come on at 6.45... Is it on a timer ? or is somebody coming out in person.?

All good questions Crafty, I have been asking them for months.

The key issue is a new policy and the individuals in the club dealing with it have dropped the ball.

In regards to the lights, they think they are doing us a favor turning the lights on at 6:45 (via a timer) and turning them off at 9:10. Perhaps we can push kickoff to 7:10 to give you guys a chance to warm up properly. In their eyes, we book the field from 7-9. We book in two hour blocks on the odd hour, so we would have to take it for 4 hours at $15/hour. Does not seem like a great deal of money but when you are well into the hole running your team, $30 is $30.

Personally I am at the end of my rope with the situation in Langley. Too much BS right now at the administrative level, maybe me included.

BTW, I am still working on the key for the rooms but can't promise anything right now. Check here later in the afternoon.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude
I must admit...it is puzzling how the township seems to treat our team / club, as far as use of facilities goes. No trust? Policy?

Having played in Poco, Surrey, and Vancouver as an adult, this is the only district where the city does not provide the team w/ keys to the rooms or lights.

Just odd, and I know it frustrates Sub & LFC to no end because they take shite from all of us when it's actually out of their control.

Oh well...bring out the hot coffee and Irish whiskey tonight!

The township is only half of the equation.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Stuff

LFC2, Dude etal...

No problem lads. Must be frustrating for all concerned.

Hopefully the key issue comes through for you later today. Could be a cold night with snow in the forecast, especially for us coaches who stand on the line all night...:eek:

Dude,

Make sure my flask is full with coffee with a wee dram or two mixed in to stop my cokcles from freezing.

Later Chaps.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0