Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003/2004 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 3 - SUFC 0

Ok game to watch....early on there was a lot of Langley possession but no real chances....langley did get a few cracks towards the middle of the first half and missed a few quality shots.....Langley scored their 1st goal towards the end of the half after their free kick hit the wall and came back to their player who rifled it top corner....nice goal. We then missed a couple of semi-breakaways towards the end of the half. Second half was bmuch better played by us and I counted at least 5 quality chances that we missed before Slane put in the 2nd goal off a scramble.....i think that was pretty much it..and they added another from Dino (??) with a couple to go.

We had a very depleted squad due to injuries and suspensions, but it was great to see about 5 u-21 players come in and step it up....well done boyz......:)

No pissstake but Langley didn't impress me...they were physical and fouled well but I think this game could have gone either way. We had a lot of chances and we hurt ourselves with our finishing.....:(

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BIG T

Some of what you say is true. But in our change room after the game we were very disapointed with how we played, but will walk away with the 3 points. Not sure what would have impressed you? Maybe 6-0? None of your scoring chances were close to going in. Really getting tired of teams bitching about not having a full squad 7 games into the season. If you don't know this by know , teams that don't have depth ,don't succeed.:confused: Love how you thought we were physical and fouled alot. Definetly thought we should have used our size and strength a hell of alot more.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
utah - like i said I didn't mean it as a pisstake but I thought you guys seem to tire and really didn't carry the play as you had in previous games...thats all......as for our lineup...no excuse of depletion i just wanted to give props to our young u-21 guys who stepped up and played a good game against your squad.

yes poor finishing but those were quality chances that should have been buried. no excuses from us.

PS - you fouled well (not a lot) that should be taken as a complement ;).....you fouled at the right times and really disrupted the tempo we tried to get going.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Langley 3 - SUFC 0

Originally posted by Big T

I think this game could have gone either way. We had a lot of chances and we hurt ourselves with our finishing.....:(

Good have gone the other way? Doubtfull, however your squad did look better than your reputation coming in. You guys ran hard at times and a couple of your strikers seemed pretty skilled.... you REALLY hurt yourselves with the finishing with shots not even hitting the 18' x 40' backstop behind the net. It was definately not Langleys best game and I am sure the guys know this. It should be inspiration to step it up next weekend.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU to win big today

After a week of perfect picks including Sap over Westside, Newcastle in the Survivor pool, etc, I am going out on a limb to say that PAU will win big with the PAU guys getting sick of the crap here on TTP about them.

Oh by the way, Skip and Marcus - give that Reddragon guy a kick in the arse today and tell him that teams do need guys to fill up water bottles even if they are in last place! :p

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU/Chilliwack

Wack 2 - PAU 1. The ole wily veteran Aaron Williams, on probably his first touch, got the winner in the dying minutes. This after the tying goal that I am sure the PAU keeper would like another crack at. Good game, the Wack is in the mix and Peace Arch, tough to read. Pretty deflated bunch at the end.
Two things, shocking ref, I trust he was there because everybody else could not. At times I admit we as players have to drop the attitude, but this guy was power tripping and made calls that I think both teams were boggled by. After having JB in the CAT game this morning where he is almost too chatty at times, this youngster was the other end of the extreme. I cannot respect any referee that does a premier game in his running shoes.
The second, Chilliwack's kit is SHOCKING. If I owned any Earls stock, I'd be a dumping.:D

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU/Chilli

from what i heard the ref is the new guy from ontario, and is now in the mix among the officials, although there was some fvsl brass at the game and things may change, and definately agree with the chilli kit, WTF were they thinking

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers who?

Originally posted by downtown
I think both teams were intimidated trying to follow the brilliant show by the Rangers
:knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb:

Did someone change their name and forgot no notify the rest of the league??

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is allways the Pak... boyz

Well it's safe to say there won't be a repeat for pau. I think they held the title like professionals showing their true game spirit and sportsmanship. I would like to thank them personally for representing the fvsl and making us all proud.;) Now I think the torch will be passed on too GNU, Its definetly thei time. That core of that team has been together longer than anyones in the valley and are looking way to strong and powerfull. Poco is hoping to keep it close, maybe get a tie if we are lucky this weekend. May the soccer gods and the great Allah be with us.

:wa: :wa: these are 2 chiquita bananas

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 0 Delta Metro 2

Very uninspiring game to say the least. We carried the play for the most part, but still continue to give up possesion far too often and continue to struggle in front of net. Some of the intensity and confidence returned today in spells which was encouraging and our first clean sheet since our league opener against PAU was a plus as well. Hopefully this will be a turn around game for us and give us something to build on for next weeks game against the Wack.

Cheers

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: PAU/Chilliwack

Originally posted by LFC2
Wack 2 - PAU 1.

After having JB in the CAT game this morning where he is almost too chatty at times

WTF is wrong with PAU ??? :confused: I don't get it...with all the talent they have they just don't seemed inspired......Wack on the other hand have just turned it around....they are hot.

LFC - yeah JB wasn't good in the middle today...he really missed some calls and called too many that shouldn't have been fouls.

Ssweeper

Jul 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Ref in the mix PAU/Chilli

Fyi

The ref is only here for a few months I understand.
He is attempting to get his class 1 and in Ontario 1 assessment must be out of province. Hence the game/assessment today.
As for the game Chilli stole the points.

from one who knows.

:D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Aldergrove 0 Delta Metro 2

Originally posted by Crafty Cokcney
Very uninspiring game to say the least. We carried the play for the most part, but still continue to give up possesion far too often and continue to struggle in front of net. Some of the intensity and confidence returned today in spells which was encouraging and our first clean sheet since our league opener against PAU was a plus as well. Hopefully this will be a turn around game for us and give us something to build on for next weeks game against the Wack.

Cheers
'Atta boys!!! Good on yas!!!

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU loss to Chilliwhack

You guys are unbiased so are you implying the referee affected the outcome today?

I am surprised at PAU lately but must admit haven't seen a game since late summer. I did my part I thought by pissing off a few of them to boost them for this week.

Marcus, how did the Reddragon play or did he keep the Reddragon unreleased?

Banks

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
chili vsl pau

The Wack is for real!These guys are makin a run.PAU Nation is under siege.Perhaps some call-ups could right the season for the defending league champs.No worries Cainy, no one is talkin coaching change,just time for someone to step up.Chin up,lots of minutes left.PAU Nation to right the ship right before relegation.:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lost again?

A belated Congrats to SixFyv.

And tough luck to PAU. That puts you guys 1 win up on 9th and 10th place. Probably some unfamiliar territory.

PS:Sixfyv, how'd you get away from the wif to a computer to post?

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda

Yoda, old pal. The PAU Nation have had about as much experience with the cellar as you have had with the upper top rankings, if you know what I mean. :p

I know, I know. Yoda's Tigers or whatever must be in first.

buhner

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: PAU/Chilli

Originally posted by joely_the_goalie
from what i heard the ref is the new guy from ontario, and is now in the mix among the officials, although there was some fvsl brass at the game and things may change, and definately agree with the chilli kit, WTF were they thinking [/Q

well it was a good game out in south surrey today .. the wack came out to play should have been 2.0 at half as we carried most of the play .. the ref was shocking i don't no how the hell that guy can do this caliber.. but anyway .. peace arch played hard and having some problems putting the ball in the net got to say it feels good to beat them . final wack 2 .. peace arch..1

second of all .. the kit thing if you guys saw our kit last year anything is better then that .. i no lfc 2 is buying a set he loves them so much . cheers lfc 2 for coming out today .. and joely _the _shocking _goaile. just really does not matter what you say .. just worry about saving the ball next time we play you cheers.. :D :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0