Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003 / 2004 Part I

Who will win the FVSL's Premier league?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • GN Sporting

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Aldergrove

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • North Delta Lions

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Delta United

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Chilliwack Rapids

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Nukes
Come on Red Dragon, if you are trying to say that you guys were smoothly knocking the ball around and Langley was thumping the ball up the park, you must have been at the wrong game. From my somewhat biased opinion the game was quite equally played and could have gone either way. Was Slaney's goal offside??? Dean was basically in alone anyway, I'm sure he could have slotted it himself. Was the 1st PAU goal flukey.....it was a weak one indeed. Was Slaney's second yellow ridiculous.....yes...a little clip on someone's shoe should never warrant a second yellow.

To reply to your first comment, I was taking the piss a little on you humping the ball up the field. I was wrong, you guys were too busy kicking us to hump the ball up the park.

Second, Dean should have attempted to finish the chance. Hilde tried to beat our keeper but couldn't get it past him. Dean passed it to someone who was offside and he scored. Bad call missed.

Third was Slaney...great player but he should have been sent off ages before the second yellow. I guess when you spend half the game "clipping" people from behind, the ref actually starts to notice.

Last, you call our first goal weak...by saying that you are calling your goalie bad. He came for the ball and Hilly got his head on to redirect it into the net. It may not have been blasted into the net but none of you nor your goalie could catch up to it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the first goal was a good deflection that caught Brian going the wrong way. Possibly a rookie mistake (maybe Tim would have had it), but one of those goals that doesn't give a fair indication of the flow of play, one way or the other.

Brian did well yesterday...very aggressive in the box. He owned the box.

Dude likes box.:eek:

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley posts...

The main point I am getting from these posts about the game is that Langley has 3 genuine cnuts. Slane, Hilde and Nukes! :eek:

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, please don't lump me in with Hilde and Slaney, that's unfair, those two really deserve the names they get called... Dude as well. I told you that my opinion was bias. No hard feelings, a bit of a mucker game, we'll move on.

....and Dude, just imagine how much you would enjoy box "sans touque"!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nukes...just because you're parents hated you and butchered you doesn't mean you have free license hate on the naturals. What would you know anyhow...you wouldn't feel it if you caught it in a blender.

Don't be jealous of the toque that I got...

Snufleafagous.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SUFC

Big T (or any other lurking SUFC players),

Our game against you is scheduled for Saturday of the Thanksgiving weekend. Would you boys be willing to entertain the idea of rescheduling to a Tuesday night of the same week? We have the Newton turf at 8:30 those nights, and would like to have the long weekend free. Your consideration of this would be very much appreciated. Let me know.

Cheers

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever....

I suppose the Rangers would be opposed because then they would have to stick around after practice and have a few pints while watching a soccer match???FOR ONCE

burkee&nonis

Aug 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip,

That sounds good to me, but I will check with everybody to see if it's ok with them. As long as it does'nt conflict with work, we'll play. I'll get back to you in a couple of days.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF???

Originally posted by Dude
I thought the first goal was....
"a good deflection that caught Brian going the wrong way". Possibly a rookie mistake (maybe Tim would have had it),
Brian did well yesterday....
"He owned the box".
:eek:

One question, how could he own the box if he was caught "going the wrong way" ??? :eek: :rolleyes:

Contradiction or what???:confused:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 2 - Delta 1

I missed the first 10 and the last 10 but from what I saw Langley beat Delta 2-1.

Nice night in Delta, though it was a little Chilly after dark...It was a beautiful field and conditions were great.

Delta was on the ball fast in the first 15-20 minutes and were moving the ball with alot of momentum. Langley seemed to "warmup" all game and got better as it progressed.

After a sub up front, Hayes (Langley) scored a goal on a near breakaway with a lightly feathered "pass" into the back of the net that had the Keeper going the other way.....

Delta countered with a lobbed shot that got over Tim's head somehow, sort of an awkward looking goal but if Delta hadn't netted that one they did have a couple other chances that could have kept it tied up.
Langleys Defence looked very solid and the ball movement around the rear of the pitch looked excellent.

Langley owned the late 2nd Half and had lots of rushes and chances with Dino slotting the game winner on a solo rush in from the 18...

I am sure someone can fill in what I missed plus make any corrections to this "summary" as I did my best to pay attention despite numerous bloody phone calls and beer. Plus my opinion always favours langley....;)

Sub.;

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
EXTRA EXTRA....

read all about it.
Good on you Langley for pulling out onto Highway 10 with a W. I wish i could of seen the game to see what yall was workin wit. There's always next time.

What an upset huh? Well I'm sure the guys from Langley were confident in themselves. But don't you LOVE upsets. When EVERYONE thinks one team will win and they lose. It just adds so much when a highly ranked team gets UPSETTED. Don't you agree?;)
I guess thats the nature of the game you just never know, on any given night/day ANY team can be defeated.

Rhider just riding the upset train... :cool:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree

I'm upsetted that they were upsetted.

Way to go Langley.

There were 2 more games tonight.

Results please?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Much Improved Langley

There is no question that Langley will be at or near the top of the standings this year... a big solid squad.

They finished their chances, we didn't... other than that it was a fairly even game... Agree Dude?

Timmy played well... hammered a few punts... one landed three yards outside my eighteen. Yikes. Drinks like a bitch, though ;)

Congrats, boys...

Dude... great to meet you... all the boys that were in the changeroom are class.

PS Thanks for the stripper... always a nice touch after the game. Amateur night was sweet. I can only imagine what it will be like at your park in 10 weeks.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 1- SUFC 0

Aman Rai with the goal in the first 5 mins, and there should have been way more but as usual with GN we coudlnt put the ball in the net, but a solid effort by the team tonight, onto Langley next sunday.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a good game. I'll post more later...too tired right now. Thanks for the bevies sixfyv! Great to meet you as well. Delta lads- class acts.

What the strip show lacked in quality was made up in comedy.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0