Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003 / 2004 Part I

Who will win the FVSL's Premier league?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • GN Sporting

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Aldergrove

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • North Delta Lions

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Delta United

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Chilliwack Rapids

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: one way traffic !

Originally posted by Coach
P A U tooks the kids to school in the second half.

WTF did the ND Youngsters forget to get on the school bus? Good Job on the 2nd half turn around PAU. Keeps the standings alot closer

:D

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No secret PAU came out and dominated the second half. It was clearly their game from that point. We truly showed our depth issues today when we fell flat after just 80 mins. A couple of key guys had to come out and we couldn't hold it together. Not much of a match though. Both teams looked quite the shite if ya ask me. Aside from a few pretty goals on both sides of the park, Guiness you slut. I look forward to the rematch though cause at that time we will have the whole lions squad out. Believe me 5 starters steppin back in will make a huge difference. Especially since without them we really aren't doing to bad.

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How could i not mention the play of joelie the goalie, even though in the game he and other players on our team each had a few not so great moments...he had two saves one inparticular that kept us in the game. Attaboy Joelie.
Gangsta gangsta...;)

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU vs Lions Match

Was a decent match. For someone to say ND dominated the forst half is a little exagerated. We got two goals, great shot on the first but a premier goalie needs to save shots from 35 yards out. Same thing applies with ND's first, the free kick. Our second was just a good goal. ND's second, not to take anything away from the guy's run, but, every one of our players ran out of his way versus challenging him. A good finish though. First half was pretty even.

The second half was a different story. ND says they rna out of steam. It must have been right from the get go. We had numerous chances in the second half and yes it may not have been until the 80th minute that we got the go ahead goal, but the writing was on the wall. Gritty performance by ND, you guys will hold your own. Hopefully your Douglas players will help to solidify your team.

Santos_L_Halper

Apr 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a good game for us today for about 60 mins when we started to run out of gas. No fresh legs to come off the bench for us was tough especially since PAU cycled fresh legs in and out all game. There was at least 3 or four different pairings in the centre mid through out the game.

I thought we responded well to going down twice in the first half, battling back to equalize. Going down a goal right off the bat was not the start we wanted for sure. Cracker of a shot though from guiness. Anyhoo, PAU full marks for the win. One way traffic for the last 30 mins, although we defended quite well until Neil and Mike got hurt and we had 2 17 year olds an a goalie playing in the back.

On to Delta next week. Should be a good one.

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 - 0 GEU, nicely!

After reading through the numerous ND/PAU game reports I feel like I was almost at the game:rolleyes: .

Poco needs some help that's for sure. Witnessed the match on Friday and they are definitely a depleted side from last year and did not look very good at all. That said they did do very well to battle back from 2-0 down to tie the game but were unlucky to lose on a late goal by Coach Williams. Match should have been a draw.

Our GEU / 'Grove game wasn't the most exciting to watch but we did what we needed to come out with a win. Aldergrove is not the most skilled team around (sort of like us big thumpers :D ) but play and work for 90 minutes and should not be taken lightly. Tough team and tough place to play (parkside is very narrow) so a good result for us on a pitch we haven't had much success on in the past, right Crafty and the boys!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knight Rhider with foot in mouth disease???

Originally posted by Knight Rhider

"It's a toss up because everyone like to see PAU lose but I'd also like to see the Lions lucky streak ( ) come to an end."-Yoda

I like how it has to be called luck...so when we beat PAU would that to be called Luck? Let's see...

......the deciding factor this weekend is definetly the Lions beating the pants off the PAU boys cause if we accomplish this task, please take a look at the points.

The MOTW is scheduled for sunday at the South Surrey complex @ around 2- 2:15. Why don't you boys come and check it out. If you come believe me you're guranteed to see a war and most likely Guiness with a boot up his arse...:p

Smart decision to piss take the League Champs a couple of days before your first "real" test in Premier!!!:eek: Welcome and good luck knight Rhider and the rest of the Lions, you'll need more heart to play 90 mins... Yeah you'll get healthier and add a few lads from college, but doesn't everyone???

Note to self**
next time your mouth talks tough, bring it on the pitch bitch!!!;) It would be much tougher for the likes of myself to score casual left peg chips from 20 yards if they were contested... I believe you were SUPPOSED to be back marking me???:rolleyes: The first goal (great set up by LION mind you) also came off a break down on your side of the park where yours truely walked in and beat Joely_the_goalie from 27-5/16 yards!!!:eek:

Suggestion, get toight my son...;)

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
possible injury

Guinness, I hope you did not hurt yourself while patting your own back. Let us know, we all awaite the news!:wa:

Let me have it JC!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sea-Biscuit

I wasn't patting my own back as much as pissing on young Rhider... He messed with the bull and got the horns!!!:rolleyes: Cheers for the pint, but don't go looking for trouble you red headed stepchild...:eek: (I'll bet you've never heard that one before)???

Guinness

BTW, has anyone seen Downtown??? Randy River phoned, they want their sweater back!!!;)

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
race issue?

Guinness
I wasn't patting my own back as much as pissing on young Rhider
I hope this has nothing to do with his colour!:D
BTW Rhider, he did Take the Piss. I expected a better result.
Not to point the finger, but Max Power, L Helper, etc.........Time to get your endurance up.
Interested to see how this friday goes! :)

Santos_L_Halper

Apr 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guiness, it had nothing to heart buddy, just fitness. We gave all we had, just ran out of steam. While we had the legs going, we were as good if not better than you guys.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Santos_L_Halper
Guiness, it had nothing to heart buddy, just fitness. We gave all we had, just ran out of steam. While we had the legs going, we were as good if not better than you guys.

that's a bit much...

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: possible injury

Originally posted by Stepchild
Guinness, I hope you did not hurt yourself while patting your own back. Let us know, we all awaite the news!:wa:

Let me have it JC!

Patting himself on the back??? Sounds more like he gave himself a hummer after the game.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
guiness, should be pilsner. his shits watered down and weak. as far as hummers go i heard he's got two belly buttons. can anyone confirm if pau signed t.v rights with the PRIDE channel?

Santos_L_Halper

Apr 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv, i'm not saying we are as good as them, as obviously we aren't, just that we were on sunday for about 60 mins.

Guiness should pat himself on the back. 2 great goals. ;)

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Guinness
BTW, has anyone seen Downtown??? Randy River phoned, they want their sweater back!!!;)

Guinness, Lucky Charms called, they need a leprechaun for their new commercial

Anyways, pretty decent game and lots of beer consumed. Favourite line...from Knowone dressed in a halloween devil's mask as PAU was pressing for the 3rd goal...."Sell me your soul and I'll get you that goal"

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Santos_L_Halper
sixfyv, i'm not saying we are as good as them, as obviously we aren't, just that we were on sunday for about 60 mins.

Guiness should pat himself on the back. 2 great goals. ;)

Agreed... you were good... for 45 mins. Second half was all PAU from the outset. It has been mentioned that fitness was the issue... i guess there will be some serious doggies being done at practice from now on... PAU took over at the half.

I think the real reason the wheels fell off was because of depth... there was a noticeable change in the game when you had to take off your starters. That can't happen if you want to compete in Premier.

You held on really well thanks to some greats saves by joely... you finished your chances well... no question. PAU are a very good team... you should be proud... looking forward to watching the rematch with your added depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0