Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003 / 2004 Part I

Who will win the FVSL's Premier league?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • GN Sporting

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Aldergrove

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • North Delta Lions

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Delta United

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Chilliwack Rapids

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: stumbling in

Originally posted by Osame bin madden
It was one of those classic games where we did everything too loose the game. Our defence was very good and our forwards were not, simple us that. Full credit to Aldergrove, they plugged the final third almost to perfection and took advantage of a bad decision and finished off {maybe} their only opportunity.
Looking forward to Chilliwack..........

So what was the result?

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Possesion
Poco 75% Aldergrove 25%

Corners
Poco 6-10 Aldergrove 1?

Free Kicks just outside the 18 yard box
Poco 3 Aldergrove 0

Score
Poco 0 Aldergrove 1 :mad:

Points on the night
Poco 0 Aldergrove 3 :mad:

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Metro 4 GN Sport 1

All round good solid performance for our home opener last night at JO. We executed well on our assignments early on and it gave us another 2-0 cushion at half time. GN looked very ordinary early on, but give them credit as they pushed forward right from the get go in the second half. Jas Mattoo was very influentual for them in the middle and Ravi Turre was causing us problems at the back. Our defence held tight once again with some crucial interceptions and one goal line clearance. Pushing forward as they did was always going to leave them exposed at the back for the counter and they paid the price. After going 3-0 up the game was done. Nice goal from Jas to make it 3-1 and then another breakout from the left back position giving us the opportunity to create and score our fourth.

Well done to the Lions, who would of thought ? Nine goals in two games. Great start for you guys. Everybody better take these guys a little more seriously, especially me!!!!;)

Aldergrove with a big win too..:eek: Well done to them for beating one of the best teams in the league.

Five predictions and two wrong so far. You gotta love this game.:D

Cheers

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was impressed with the Lions last night. Though Chilliwack is shocking as is their kit.

In the first half it was all Lions with 3 great goals and a PK. Nice to see the guys knock the ball around well and use their pace to tear apart Chilli. It well be interesting to see them play against some top teams that well be able to get at their Defence as they really were not tested last night.

Santo's Helper scored a cracker, could be goal of the week if we had highlights. :) Well done guys.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: GEU 1 - SUFC 0

Originally posted by Big T
I also ran into my favorite bollywood film star Shah Rukh Khan at BP after the game. He sat around and chatted with the boyz, hes an alright chap. :D I heard he might come to the GN game next week. Don't you GN boyz be awestruck by the celeb on the sideline, ok ;) :D

tisk tisk tisk, Big T, why do you have to bring a mega Bollywood star out to watch when you are playing us, you know that we will be starstruck, is this your way of trying to distract us??, anyways should be a good game this friday, and remember our bet :D

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 2 - LUFC 1

Peace Arch edged Langley in this afternoons MOTW. Langley came out really strong and showed well for an entire 90. LUFC opened the scoring on a great run by Nukes, then a great pass by Dino to Slane who netted it.

Peace Arch evened up the scoreline on a Free kick from 40 yards by Brett that banked off someones head or body (Sorry didn't see who....)... Anyhow the Langley CAT keeper got caught about 2 paces out of position as it changed direction midflight.

Langley went down a man with Slane taking his 2nd Yellow of the game, and that was followed a few minutes later by the PAU keeper stopping a PK and Langley brain-farting on the rebound.

The Pau winning goal was the result of a quick transition and a great cross and one-timer shot. A very nice looking goal.

Nice to see a competative squad out for Langley, although PAU can play alot better than they did today Langley held their own and at times owned the play. Also like to mention the reasonable play of Brian, the Langley Cat keeper who filled in for Timmy.

Cheers boys.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
excuses excuses....

Originally posted by Osame bin madden
It was one of those classic games where we did everything too loose the game. Our defence was very good and our forwards were not, simple us that. Full credit to Aldergrove, they plugged the final third almost to perfection and took advantage of a bad decision and finished off {maybe} their only opportunity.
Looking forward to Chilliwack..........

Looks like someone is in mid season form.... "so you see, it's all their fault, really".

SagelovestoquoteOsamabacktoOsama

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brain fart

I agree with much of what your saying suburbanator. I also thought your first goal was well offside by a mile. The linesman said it was a square ball:rolleyes: no chance. Your guys should definitely consider playing on that field for as long as you can. It definitely suits your style:eek:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Brain fart

Originally posted by cainy
I agree with much of what your saying suburbanator. I also thought your first goal was well offside by a mile. The linesman said it was a square ball:rolleyes: no chance. Your guys should definitely consider playing on that field for as long as you can. It definitely suits your style:eek:

Why thanks I am flattered by your agreement . :D I can't comment on the 1st goal, wasn't in position to see the last defender. If we want to critique the ref/linesman combo then we can point out the 2nd Yellow on Slane, you know the one for "instigating a scream" out of an opponent..after all thats what the ref called.

Cheers.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
superfoxs posting

suburbanator,
give your head a shake. Langley play very well today but lets not get carried away. You must have fouled us at least, at least 30 times and to get out with just 3 yellow cards was favourable. As far as Slaine's second yellow you must be joking, even Slainy will tell you that was a stupid tackle(second attemp to take me down within 10 seconds). Anyway it was a good effort, I don't want to make it sound like we pissed on Langley but they scored an obvious offside goal and then got a pk when someone plasted a ball that was headed for a throw in into our defenders face. So could they have drawn today yes, but they didn't get cheated out of anything. Langley should do well this year and now with the addition of Benidict Arnold errr. Ted Brennan they will have the drunk Irishman they are missing ( joking bigman). Thats that.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Biggest difference between Langley and PAU in my opinion is the familiarity that the PA guys have for each other and the lack of time the new Langley team has had together. At times today PA simply looked smoother, and more in control. We will get much better as we get some games together. Full marks to PA but you boys have to feel some what fortunate as we could have easily stolen/won the points. Good luck guys, we will see you in 10 weeks.

So whats more satisfying, beating us 7-0 last year or mucking out a 2-1 win this time around?

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
improved

Langley is definetly a much improved team this year. Full marks to Jay and Mike for making wholesale changes and turning their club into a bonified Premier side. After some of the results last season, and what appeared to be difficult times with the club it is no small feat to have turned the ship around as dramatically as has been done. The team's got a lot of spice, and works hard. They were definetly up for the match today......but we have become accustomed to the opposition finding extra motivation to play us.

You can argue, that you had a good chance to take at least a point today. The peno should have been converted on the rebound.......but......should the peno have been called at all??! :confused: Guess there's always two views to every story. It was very tough to find any space at all on that tiny pitch. Langley clogged it up, ran hard, and got a leg into everything they could (hence the many fouls called). They didn't allow us much time at all to really play the game like we can. The field did suit their style and game plan to a T. Personally, I look forward to a rematch on the new langley turf.

Best of luck next week, and the rest of the way.

SkiptiringofpickingupbeercansfromtheteamBBQ

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 2 Langley 1

A good result to get under our belts as we've been struggling to regain confidence or momentum from last year... Langley were up for the game and I thought we matched their work rate... The second half we started to show more control and our fitness prevailed... :rolleyes:
Dude was top notch passing a pint over during the post match hand shake... Just what I needed after the night before Douglas rookie night...;) A pint well earned I'd say...
TheFenian shocked us all at Skip's team BBQ with the news he was signing for Langley... No rumour, staight from the horses mouth... It left us all in complete disbeleif, but we all agreed to wish the wanker well and good luck with his new team... I'm not sure he'll be used to losing though???:eek:

OneverysoreGuinness:(

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teddy

The PogoStick (AKA The Fenian), ;), going to Langley?

I assume his signature will be changing (PAU!!!).

What's the deal there?
Anyone care to elaborate more than just "He told us at the BBQ".

Enquiring minds want to know.

Thanks in advance,
RF

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching the PAU vs Langley match from the sidelines (not for long) was very interesting. Langley is much improved from last year, finally getting some veteran PREMIER players such as Hilde out to lead the team.

That being said, the game was ours for the taking. A missed off side and I don`t even know what happended on the penalty shot other than the GREAT save from the worst goalie in the league again was all Langley really had.

Very disappointed in T.B. for making the switch to Langley. I guess he`ll fit in quite well though, humping the ball up the field all the time. Get it, pass it, no wait clear it.

I heard the reason for the switch is Langley likes to foul people a lot and we all know the fenian is very good at that. Seriously though, rumour has it that it is 1/2 an hour each way closer to practice, Langley apparently only practices once a week?, and they all shower together under one shower head...

ihavenoproofofanythingijuststatedinthelastsentence.

:wa: :wa: :wa: ;)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Red Dragon
That being said, the game was ours for the taking. A missed off side and I don`t even know what happended on the penalty shot other than the GREAT save from the worst goalie in the league again was all Langley really had.

PAU get a new goalie?

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Red Dragon, if you are trying to say that you guys were smoothly knocking the ball around and Langley was thumping the ball up the park, you must have been at the wrong game. From my somewhat biased opinion the game was quite equally played and could have gone either way. Was Slaney's goal offside??? Dean was basically in alone anyway, I'm sure he could have slotted it himself. Was the 1st PAU goal flukey.....it was a weak one indeed. Was Slaney's second yellow ridiculous.....yes...a little clip on someone's shoe should never warrant a second yellow. Oh well
Credit on the 2nd PAU goal, it was very nice.
Well done on the win
C U in 10.

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No new goalie, just poking a little fun at all those muckers that slagged our goalie last year. Oh, yes he is the one that helped us get to the Provincial semi-finals and helped us win the Fraser Valley Premier League last year...(and this year too):wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0