Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillyrabbit

Aug 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

Dude-whodoesn'treallycareforburkebutisgivingprops

apparently you forgot what you said. I wont hold it against you.

as for the Bertuzzi issue, he is playing well and thats all that really matters. I guess your too much of a ballerina to understand what standing up for your teammates can do for the team......

but enough about that,

Im amazed at how well the so called 4th line is playing

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess you have trouble separating intelligent decisions from stupid ones. The bottom line is this: he hurt him team more by jumping off the bench than he helped his team by going to Jovo's aid. Jovo didn't need it. Even you admitted that, but I guess now you are going back on that.

You don't seem to get it: not one good thing came from Bert coming off the bench. It isn't like he inspired anyone on his team- if anything he deflated them. Those guys were under a gag order and couldn't discuss the issue with the media...but my bet is Jovo was embarrassed. He is not the type of player who needs defending against someone like Parker.

Bertuzzi is proving a lot of people wrong right now with his consistent play, and is pilling up the points like everyone pretty much though he should be doing. He is paying his teammates back for the pure selfishness he showed earlier in the year. Another good move by Burke, to hold off on shipping him to TB in a package for Leclavier. Weather it was planned that way by Burke or simply the result of TB backing out doesn't matter; Burke comes out of it smelling like roses.

All of this doesn't change the fact that you're a dumb fcuk who can't support his argument.

Sillyrabbit... :rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about King Richard?

While everyone is discussing current events:rolleyes:how well do you think Richard Brodeur will play tonight in game 4 against the Islanders:confused: (thats almost as current as the issue you two clowns won't let go of)!!!

Guinnessissickofthisdeadandancientissue!!!:mad: :mad:

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you can't beat 'em join 'em

I wasn't going to talk any more about the Bertuzzi suspension,but,Dude-wheres my brain won't let it go. I'll put it simple. Bertuzzi seen his best defencemen getting beat down by a goon so he decided to stick up for him(this isn't a team player Dude, WTF???)Even though Donald "I'm not a goon I'm a hockey player" Brashear was sitting right beside him and did nothing to help. Anyway with that said Bertuzzi is a great power forward and is the next Shanahan.

BERTUZZIWILLMAKETHEOLYMPICTEAMIN2006

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk me

I can't let this go. Sorry.

1. I never said Bert wasn't a team player. I did say he was stupid for making a dumb decision that ultimately turned out to be a selfish decision. Bert had been tearing it up at that point in the season. He says he'd do it again...well, that would be dumb too. He's proven he is far more valuable on the ice. I agree, Donald should have been the one to jump...if Jovo needed the help. He didn't. Maybe that is one of the reasons Brash was traded.

2. I said I admire his heart. Although I thing he's a stupid bricklayer (not unlike sillyrabbit and chump), it was great to see the enthusiasm...as dumb a decision as it was.

I'll end this off on a positive note: Bert has won me over. He's starting to show the promise of being the Neely or Shanahan he's been compared to. I can't wait until he can show his stuff in the playoffs, by which time the 'Nucks will have moved up to 5th place or higher in the standings.

So boys, don't get soooo defensive about the guy...read CAREFULLY before spouting off! I am now ready to move on…let’s agree to interpret the situation differently (I’m right, you’re both wrong!!!). I think we can all agree that this tear the guys are on is probably the most exiting time in ‘Nucksville since 1994. The parade should go through Whalley before going to GM place!

Sillyrabbit...:rolleyes:
Sillychump...:rolleyes:

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally Dude has come to Bertuzziville

It's about time you realized you were wrong the whole time.We agree on 1 thing the Canucks are going to do well in the playoffs this year,maybe even win it all:cool: But the whole thing about the parade, Whalley WTF? oh I guess the Junkies and Hookers deserve a Cup parade as well :D :p

sillyrabbit

Aug 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champs

Nice to see someone who actually knows what they are talking about!!
Brash was traded because he wouldnt fight or do his role, he thinks he is a skill guy now, but I will give him credit he has worked hard to improve his skill but ya have to remember what got you in the league in the first place.....

Guinness... that was good!!

do you really think Rick Vaive will try for a comeback??

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goons have to Play, or they Hurt the Team

The Flyers became on fire when Brash was traded to them, I am not a huge fan of his, even though he can play and fight with the best of them in the NHL.

The Nucks are fighting less now during this winning streak, than I think they ever have, so they are not taking stupid penalties.

The Nucks have guys like Brash, who are ruff and tuff, for less money than they were paying him, that is why that trade made sense, bring in a scorer with soft hands, in exchange for an over paid third liner.

Burke has done a great job with the trades he has made so far, I only hope this team can stay on track over the Olympic break.

HOShopesnobonebreaksforNucksatOlympics:(

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks 1 Bruins 2

Eventhough they lost the canucks continue to play well. even with the loss they still get a point out of it. They are playing some great hockey. They are 8-1-2-1 in there last 11 games. If they can keep this up and stay healthy they just might have a chance to do some damage in the playoffs.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oilers27

I THINK THE CANUCKS GOTTA GET MIKE BROWN BACK IN ON THE ACTION AND HURT SOME PEOPLE

Lets be honest here,firstly he skates as well as Dana Murzyn did and secondly,he is a punching bag to all the heavyweights in the league.Good shout there you peehead:confused:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Who's the new guy?

Originally posted by TheRob
Peehead?
Jimmy has been around for ages, TR. Think real hard and you'll remember him... If I'm not mistaken, I think he's Italian and doesn't like Brian Burke :rolleyes:

~TB.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh boys

I'm flattered to see how many of you have missed me.:eek:

Now getting back on topic:

sillyrabbit

I would find it very disturbing if they don't go with Skudra after the break seeing that he's been standing on his head throughout the winning streak.The team has been playing very well and seem very confident when he's playing.
But.......seeing that Burke never wants to make himself look bad,I'm sure Cloutier will be the man:confused:

And yes Regs, I DONT LIKE BURKE

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What?

Don't get a big head Jimmy. There are only two of us, and who said we missed you?:eek:I was merely wondering who you were. Thanks Regs for clearing it up for me.

Cloutier will play after the break if he's 100%. Personally I'd like to see Auld get a few more games. He was great in Dallas.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know you missed me?????

TheRob

Do you honestly think that would be the best move for the team(Playing Cloutier as soon as he's healthy)?

Cloutier has done somewhat well this year but Skudra has outplayed him in the short span that he has been here(as did back-up Bob did last year).Cloutier is definately gonna be the goalie of the future but we need results now rather than later.

If it ain't broke then don't fix it

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right. I do miss you.

Skudra has played great(earned TheRob's prestigious COTW a couple of weeks ago, but you wouldn't know that.)but Cloutier has been having a stellar year. You don't get five shutouts cause you're playing bad. Look at it this way. The Canucks have two keepers capible of stealing games for them. When was the last time you could say that about them? That being said, the two goals Skudra let in against Boston were pretty soft. Maybe he's getting tired from too much work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0