Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2003 Co-ed match reports, and witty banter thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jeez

Reg's, must you quotes when your post follows right behind mine?
;)

Thanks for clarification.

Spazz, I'll be there with bells on............and a jersey.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results

Late night game last night at Port Moody Turf saw Buddha take a 1 goal lead in the second half from a dead ball kick that was perfectly placed on the head of buddha player who flicked it on to another who then slotted it into the net.
Then some poor bastard made an aweful bouncing pass back to our sweeper who was too short to get a head on it which meant everyone's favourite Gunther was on a break, your's truly tracked him down and slowed him up but the keeper had a brain cramp and tried to come out and get it. 1-1.

Second goal scored by Buddha was another free kick that was easily slotted top corner by a pourly placed wall by the keeper. Third goal was a left footed volley at that top of the box that was clinical.

3-1 Buddha the final.

I know all the Beernuts are going to complain that we whined about slide tackles all game but a slide tackle is a slide tackle. There is no arguing them.
Either that or that guy had running shoes on because he was falling everywhere!

Was actually a good game, no fighting but I think there was another yellow card for Beernuts.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just trollin' through....

Wading through all this just reminds me of how much I miss Herb:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ........

Anybody want to buy 15 slightly used Bohemia jerseys?:rolleyes:

Piece,

Stew:cool: (who has also been redcarded by Herb <twice>)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Herb

Herb wasn't his usual jovial (sp?) self last night. I think he called 1 slide tackle all night and it wasn't actually a slide tackle.

According to him if you have the ball and push it forward, and someone tries to take it, you can slide because it isn't actually a slide "tackle".

Don't know what happened but he called everything a slide tackle last year. In fact, I remember bending down to tie my shoe and he called me for a slide tackle. Said my knee touched the ground and that counts as a slide tackle. :confused:

Oh well. I never expect too much from him anyways.

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunday's games

I just had to post and say I'm jacked up about playing my first co-ed outdoor game this year. I always know summer is approaching when the league starts up. Osler Elementary 12pm couldn't be any closer for me too. :) Hope the weather gets better and the sun is shining so the teams can enjoy the game and the drinks afterwards.

Let the goodtimes roll!

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Guy.....

I'm not whinning or complaining...... the new guy didn't know the rules "at first" but I was even getting annoyed when he continued to slide..... I would have taken him off earlier than we did but no one listens to me! :rolleyes:

But as for our keeper setting up a pourly placed wall..... I give the girl credit for getting in net! I would never offer to go in net for coed..... the guys can really smoke the ball! So kudos to Paws for having the "balls" to stand in for our regular keeper!

It was a good game! I think maybe we could have done a little better had our regular keeper been in net..... next time! ;) (It's not very often you see a female in net)

:D Spazz

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe not

I thought Stef played exceptionally well.
You are right, not many girls do play in net but we have Scurr in net for us every week so that's close enough.
:eek:

Apparently no one listens to Gunther either. After tying it up 1-1 everyone kept telling him to play back a little and help out with defense.
He declined the offer in order to try and get more goals.

Guess that backfired.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Maybe not

Originally posted by Yoda

Apparently no one listens to Gunther either. After tying it up 1-1 everyone kept telling him to play back a little and help out with defense.
He declined the offer in order to try and get more goals.

Guess that backfired.

You are absolutely right, and our whole team was pissed :mad: at him because he was very selfish this game, and I think he would have kept the game a little closer!! Everyone complains what a sh*tty sweeper G is, but honestly, I think he is great and he has saved our a**es quite a few times!!

Good game though...we got whooped and that is that!!

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya G wasn't in a "team" mode that night! There was a throw in and I offered to take it so he could get out there & do something with it but he said no & took it and I mumbled a comment about being able to take throw in's....... and the Buddha player laughed at me sulking and muttering to myself..... :rolleyes:

G is a great sweeper (better than Joe but for some reason no one pulled Joe off after the 3rd slide tackle) but I prefer Scott back there myself and since I play on the backline my preference if more important than Strikers! ha ha :p

Can't wait to play this Sunday...... not sure who we're playing.... :confused:

Spazz

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Spazz
since I play on the backline my preference if more important than Strikers! ha ha :p

Spazz

KISS MY GRITS GIRL ;)

I like Scottie back there too, but my preference is Scott stopping and G sweeping, but both guys are grrrrrrrreat, so we're all good. Hey...every team had to lose once in a while, right? We've lost ONCE and now we shall dominate :D

striker14isgettingaheadofherselfandmaybeswallowingfoot

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
who is in charge anyway?

I gather that Dark Angel and her friend must be too busy getting ready for the TTP Golf Classic, rather than organizing their team:eek:

Cheapwayoutside may even throw it in your faces and take it all the way to the cup finals this year:confused: :confused: :confused:

+SCwhat'supJimmyShowman?

Showtime

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheatside 1 and 0

Cheatside opened the coed campaign last night with a clinical display of how to play the coed game. While having fun and taking the piss, Cheatside worked the ball around like Man United and scored some classy goals. I believe the changing of the goalie four times was the key to our success. Each goalie made a miraculous save, Jimmy Holiday kept telling everyone about his. Final score Cheatside 4 Gunners 0. Next up The Beercnuts. Gunther aka "White Lightning" better look out cause Cheatside is rolling through Kwakulakkutalak park or whatever like a train coming off the tracks.:wa:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, so you guys can play soccer. Can you fight? Herb jr. tried to pick a fight with TheRob Sunday in the Penticton beergarden. TheRob said he wasn't into that and pointed him towards some Beercnuts. Not sure what happend after that. I'm sure it was catastrophic though.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That would only be us women then TR

Cause I'm pretty sure there weren't any of our guys there...... just 4 of the Beernuts women......... :wa:

Why'd herb try to pick a fight with you anyway? Were you shtfaced and trying to pick him up or something??? Cause someone did mention you had no luck all weekend....?? :eek:
.... didn't anyone tell you that's no way to bribe Herb....??

Spazz

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: That would only be us women then TR

Why'd herb try to pick a fight with you anyway? Were you shtfaced and trying to pick him up or something??? Cause someone did mention you had no luck all weekend....??

ha ha ha ha...that was probably it!! :p ;)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: That would only be us women then TR

.... didn't anyone tell you that's no way to bribe Herb....??

Spazz

Oh yeah there is... You ladies have not been around long enough to know how to ;)

+SCwithyetmoreinput:rolleyes:

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Budha 4 - Not so Young Guns 1

Good game from both teams. Guns did not have enough women to play the game so Budha let them play with uneven # of men/women. 7 guys 3 girls on the pitch. First half ended 3-1 for Budha. Second half was all Guns. Good thing Budha goalie was on fire, stopping ALL shots on goal in the 2nd half ;) No cards this time around.:rolleyes:

skytrainlookingforwardtoteachingTheRobafewtricksThursday:wa:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Budha 4 - Not so Young Guns 1

Originally posted by Skytrain
...game so Budha... ended 3-1 for Budha. .. thing Budha goalie...

skytrainlookingforwardtoteachingTheRobafewtricksThursday:wa:

The only thing you will be teaching Throbby on Thursday is how to spell B U D D H A correctly:rolleyes:

+SCwhocanspellBUDDHA:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0