Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2003 Co-ed match reports, and witty banter thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
man oh man

Originally posted by Yoda

Is it wrong for a guy to go up for a header with a girl? If there's a chance that a guy is going to go up against a girl for a header should the guy just back off and let her have it?

:confused: [/B]

We are talking soccer here aren't we?:confused: Of course you should. I happen to know that a gal can easily win a ball against a guy, just ask the Conductor. I 've seen him get beat plenty of times:p ;)

+Ilikewherestriker'smindis:eek:

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some BDGC insight

To reply to the comments about BDGC/ Young Guns game. I would have to say that despite the 2 or 3 minutes of excitement it was a good game. Everyone was tackling clean and it was some good soccer. For the incident that happened, it was definitly blown out of proportion. The BDGC guy who recieved a red deserved it just for being 3rd guy in. However everyone involved knows that their were no punches or really any fighting going on. It was really just pushing around from both sides. And for the cleats up tackle that occured after, did deserve a red card aswell. But my question now is why are both red card receivers getting 3 games suspension for violent conduct. I think both teams would say that their was absolutely nothing violent or even an intention going on in either of the situations. The disciplinary team has to abide to what the refs report states and I am shocked that this is the outcome of it. So far in this league there have been 7 red cards given out in one week. I know that this is a fun league and people don't want things to get out of hand. But are the refs taking their role a little too seriously? Or is this what should be expected for the rest of the league games?

Another comment to stick up for the BDGC'ers is that the forward on our team was not apart of the incident but does sometimes rattle off his mouth. However YG's goalie needs to be careful with his actions and words this year. Because bad mouthing girls is a completely different scenario, and I appreciate my forward for saying something to support his girl teammates.
Lionheart's insight is that I think YG's need to be careful this year because every team in this league seems to have some sort of issue every time they play them.:rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Some BDGC insight

Originally posted by Lionheart
And for the cleats up tackle that occured after, did deserve a red card aswell.

Slide tackle? Automatic card isn't it?

Originally posted by Lionheart
Lionheart's insight is that I think YG's need to be careful this year because every team in this league seems to have some sort of issue every time they play them.:rolleyes: [/B]

If every team in the league has an issue with the YG's then where's the problem, with all the other teams or with the YG's?

I remember an incident with the YG's the last time we played them at Burnaby turf and I watched one of their forwards throw an elbow into the face of one of our guys while standing waiting for a corner. I know it's 1 incident but it sticks in your head pretty good when your playing co-ed soccer. If you don't remember the game it was the one where the ref wanted to get some credit for doing a final game for his reffing resume and was brutal. Sure wish we had the ref that was supposed to do it instead.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The card thing has already been discussed and it's been said that the refs shouldn't even need to bring them to these games. Anyone who recieves a red in this league, no matter what he/she does, should be suspended for a minimum of three games.

We didn't have any problems with YG's last year. I thought they were a decent bunch of people.

Striker, Spazz,

Has there been a decision on suspensions for your two guys yet? JR?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
just ask the Conductor. I 've seen him get beat plenty of times
SC I want disagree with you here!!But you should know that I'm not the type of player to go for headers,I prefer to play on the carpet!! :D :p

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two Teams have problems??

Well so far I know of two teams that have problems with YG and one team that doesn't!Lionheart's insight is that I think YG's need to be careful this year because every team in this league seems to have some sort of issue every time they play themI think Lionheart is strecthing the truth about every team having issues with us!!Plus I know Buddha is a very sportsman like team and never have problems with any teams in the league:eek: As for sunday's game with the BDGC'ers,I agree that the whole game went pretty good except for those 3 minutes.I agree with us getting the three games but I honestly think there player should have gotten a few more!!!The reason I say this is that to be the third man in and jump on a guy's back from behind and put him in a headlock is totally outrageous in any kind of soccer!!For it to happen in co-ed is an absolute joke!!Now the guy could be a great guy and normally not like that but the point is He did do it!!
The BDGC guy who recieved a red deserved it just for being 3rd guy in.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally I had no issues with the YG's

We played them in the tourney and I think it was a well played game! There was the one bad tackle from our centreback which a PK was given to the YG's..... there was no swearing or any retaliation!

All the red's are a little out of hand! :rolleyes:

Our red cards..... Matty (who pushed, not punched) got a 3 game suspension which I thought was a little extreme but I guess they're looking to set an example at the beginning of the year?

and the other (which was for swearing at Herb and I'm guilty of it all the time too) we heard got 3 as well which is crap! I'm sorry but we all swear, especially in the heat of the moment.

Hey Conductor..... maybe you should play it in the air a little more as I was catching up to you a few times there that game.... ;)

Spazz

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Matty (who pushed, not punched)
Looked like a basketball player punch/slap more than anything. He shouldn't really complain about three games. In my opinion he's lucky he didn't get thrown out of the league. As for three for swearing. A little much, but like I've said before. Reds in Co-ed? Come on.

I suppose if they got three then Dale probably did to. Unfortunate.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Spazz,that field we played you on was too level.
Hey Conductor..... maybe you should play it in the air a little more as I was catching up to you a few times there that game
I tend to have a little more pace when the wind is blowing at my back and we are going down hill at Ioco park!!:D

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR? Where you watching?

He got up and used both hands and shoved the player on his chest! That was it...... and that was after the 2 of them going at it off & on and Matty being taken down.....

Yes..... a little extreme (testosterone) but it was not a punch....
AND WHO THE FCUK SLAPS PEOPLE ANYWAY? :rolleyes:

And 3 games it punishment for acting out like that! To be banned for that is a little much..... :confused:

People get annoyed and need to calm down or get off the pitch!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sidelines. It definitley wasn't a push to the chest. We are beating a dead horse now though. The incedent has happend, and the offenders have been punished. You won't hear another word on this from me. Unless knvb provokes me. Fcuking cnut. I'm going to kick him in Penticton.:mad:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor.....

The next game we play you I'll be sure to pay attention to that! :p

I'll make sure we get the side that goes with the wind to tire you out so you'll be exhausted for the second half! ;)

Spazz

unliketheConductorI'mnotoneforlumpyorunleveledfields.....

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Three sides to every story.

Originally posted by TheRob
Yours. Ours. The truth.

Whole hearted,

TheRob.
I've got a hole in my heart that can only be filled by you.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
People get annoyed and need to calm down or get off the pitch!
Or the rag :rolleyes:

Fcuk, was that posted out loud? I meant to hit Private Message... :D

~Regswhocan'twaittofinallyplayaco-edgamethisyear...soundsveryintense :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still find it a bit unnerving that someone would be so wound up at a co-ed game that something as simple as being tripped would have them get up and try to bitch slap them? Second, if your kickers are in that big of a twist over the whole thing you probably need 3 games to figure out why your such a fcuk up for taking it so seriously. Third, if it was a punch he threw he should have had his ass kicked out of pure principal. I heard it looked like an NBA hay maker. Sick.

TheRob, you couldn't kick your way out of a big wet paper bag. So, back off a notch tough guy, or I'll smack you with my medal. :p

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
question

Is the Buddha/Beernuts game still on tonight?

Just curious as to why it has n/a already in the scoreline on the standings/schedule page?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just curious as to why it has n/a already in the scoreline on the standings/schedule page?
there's an n/a because the score hasn't been input yet... it's just the way the system works (based on dates).

Cheers,

~Regs.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Course we're still on for tonight....

Port Moody turf at 8:30pm (I think and I guess I'd better found out.....) :D

Come out and watch....... hopefully it'll be a good, friendly game.

Spazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0