Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2003 Co-ed match reports, and witty banter thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dialling Yoda

Yoda said
So do your guys take your PK's so that way there's no argument?

Yoda, my point is that whoever wants to take the PK should, whether that be a male or female.

That's why I also got a beef when we say it's ok to play with 6 girls if we're short. Why don't you just tell the girls: "We don't think you are as good as the guys so it's ok for you to play." Ladies, help me out on this one.

Maybe your girls feel like it's a slap in the face because they aren't as good as the guys.

For the record...a female took our PK at the tourney. And if you forgot, a female took our PK when we knocked you off in the final last year:eek:

So much for that theory!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really confused now

What theory? That girls should get a chance too? Plllllllllease.

We made it a rule because if we didn't then they would never speak up and take one.
With a lot of teams the guys won't let the women take them because they are afraid the women might miss. We don't have that fear. Our women are just as good as our guys at taking them so there's no patting on the back going on.

To be honest I think if there is more than 1 game we rotate girl,boy. But a girl usually takes the first one.

As for the extra girl rule, if you want to play short that's fine. We'll ask to play an extra guy then so the girl that has to check him doesn't fell like we are taking it easy on her.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
good line up...

Whilmsy, Besty, Dale sh*t...

Jinks, that was very considerate of you;) . Are you meaning to tell me that you let Spazz score on you?:confused:

Dial Soap, ('Nee shwoa dwayla') you speak the truth! (Sc's version of 'hooked on phonics'Chinese style) ;) But, since I'm not in town you will never be invited to a bocce tourney:eek:

I totally agree with the Union Jackers shout, they don't get the full wrap because non of them are on TTP:p

By the way, how many fricken Mattie s are there in this league?:confused:

+SCisproudofBesty'scomingofage:wa:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dialling the Riot Patrol

What's this I hear? I spoke too soon, I see. The other night I wrote that YG Inc were no longer a team that had to worry about fights and fisticuffs and BAMMO. Two reds and a lot of shoving and headlocks and trashtalk in our game vs BDGC tonight. I missed the game but I hear it was a pretty good game other than that ugly 2 minutes or so. What happened?

And who is this guy that plays upfront for BDGC? I heard he was letting everyone know that he's a pretty good player because he plays Premier in Vancouver and has two earrings like AJ from the Backstreet Boys. I think this is him, below.

Halfvolley...what's the word from your sidelines?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder if...

that's the same guy from last year that whailed the hardest shot into my back (thank god I turned otherwise I was going to receive a broken nose mid air).:mad:

I had a ball mark and bruising for over a week. There was no call (as there shouldn't be) but I at least expected an apology and help up. He continued to run over every other gal and guy on the back line. I think we lost that game, but who cares, a little sportsmanship is in order:(

Yeah, give us the details :confused:

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disappointed!

Ok I wrote two pages of solid banter and I got kicked out...grrr.

I'm not a moderator and don't care to be but with the fighting and complaining that has started already has thrown me for a loop and those doing so should all be suspended without pay...wait we don't get paid for being on here do we?

Dial 9-1-1 I'm sorry to hear what transpired tonight. I was not at the game either and have not spoken to my team yet so this really surprised me. 2 red cards what the fcuk?:mad: If I get the story from our side I will let you know.

All Herb haters should know there role. He comes out every year and makes the games more interesting than they really are. He's there for the money yes, but I'd much rather him than some "tryhard" loser ref. No powertripping with Herb!

SC, I'm glad you turned your head too.

HV, ready to bring out the outdoor boots from the garage for Tuesday's game.

can'twealljustgetalongnevergetsold

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buddha vs. Gunners

Gunners were sporting some new Orange jerseys that definately clashed with our red.

Buddha came out on top 3-2 but it was a hard fought battle. There were a few people that were a little too aggressive, on both teams, i'll admit.

I was a little upset with some of the players on the Gunners that complained that our guy knocked down one of their girls when they both went up for a header.
Is it wrong for a guy to go up for a header with a girl? If there's a chance that a guy is going to go up against a girl for a header should the guy just back off and let her have it?

:confused:

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No!

Of course its ok to go up for a header. You go up and want the ball but you don't lean into the chick. Its all common sense if you ask me.

Dial 9-1-1 we need a new picture of cartdriver to get him talking on here. How 'bout it?

The guy that got the red card (forward) has just joined our team and I can't say I know him so hopefully its not a regular thing with him.:rolleyes:

BDGC teammates I'm sure wish it didn't happen.

The long range forecast for Penticton does not look good. Again prepare for a cold and wet weekend.

:mad:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beernuts vs Mountain Shadow 2 all.....

This was a well played game for both teams! Very fun & friendly! :)

Mountain Shadow got a nice goal to start and then a direct PK (our guy went up for a headed and fell over their player) which was taken by one of their guys (I had asked her if the guys usually take the PK's and she said she didn't want to anyway as the guys have a good shot) and that was another decent goal!

We came back in the second half with a penalty taken by one of our guys who scored a beautiful curved goal from outside the 18...... :wa:

Second goal of ours just made it in tying it up! :D

Both teams sat out in the sun soaking up the beer watching the next game! What a day!

Spazz
gotalittlecookedonSundayandisprettyredtoday

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correction SC

I did NOT manage to score on Jinky!!!

.....Was another girl on our team that got one by him but not me....... (I wish but I'm not so lucky! ;) )

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Buddha vs. Gunners

Originally posted by Yoda

Is it wrong for a guy to go up for a header with a girl?

:confused: [/B]

Quite Frankly....I kind of like it!! :p :p :p

stiker14hasmindingutterearlyinthemornin'

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get off it...plllllllllllease!!!

Originally posted by TheRob
Everyone wants to be like the Dragons.;)

Do you have to walk sideways through doorways so your head can fit through...and I mean the one on your shoulders!! ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragon's

I wanted to be a Dragon once too, but there was a height restriction so I didn't make the cut. Plus I didn't know how to barbecue anything so that hurt my chances as well.

But I fit right in with Buddha though.

They even let me carry the water! That's a pretty important task, KNVB told me so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0