Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2003 Co-ed match reports, and witty banter thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carebear

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BDGC 3 GUNNERS 1

Fairly clean game last night against the Gunners and Herb's performance was not bad either. 1 up for Herb!

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Ok I wasn't going to but...

Originally posted by halfvolley
I just love hearing that a teammate knows Draven was a goof and hacked 7 or 8 times without receiving a card or a warning. I will agree that the majority of the time it was in good fun with a buddy of his but other altercations were based on his "little man syndrome" attitude. If Draven is who I'm thinking he is.(#4) He took out a few of us hard without hesitation and if that's co-ed sportsmanship than I'm a fat monkey. Sorry fat monkey sounded like a good line. ;) He was classic tryhard during that game. I enjoyed all the witty banter and sportsmanship from the rest of your team and wish you guys a great season but me and the rest of my team wish people like that would jump in their big trucks and drive away with their stack of phone books under them.

:rolleyes:

We love ya Herb!:p

I admit that I was giving Enrique the little hacks but it was all in good fun. We were both laughing about it after the game so I don't believe your bitching is warranted. As far as little man syndrome is concerned, guilty as charged. You forgot to mention the wooden blocks on my pedals.;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Young guns 3 Dragons 1. Good game, great BBQ after. They scored more on Sensei than me and that's all that really matters.

Jinky, are you warm enough?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Double Victory!!

Well in last night's contest Young Guns did the the unexpected and beat the big bad Dragons on the field.The game itself was fine no bitching or whining from both teams!!The thing that surprised me though was the even bigger upset after the game.The dragons as every one knows are a very good drinking and bbqing team,and rarely leave the park first.Last night the Young Guns were the last team to leave.:D

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch...

For reasons non other than mosquitos...The dragons carried the party on in a mosquito free environment.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here it is again

Because some idiot posted this in the wrong thread I thought i better help them out and post it in the proper place before Reg's bursts a blood vessel.

Buddha 3 - Lateside-1

After Lateside actually had a full team to field at 4:15 (game time was 4:00) the game got underway at 4:30.
Buddha went up 1-0 with a gorgeous finish by T. Pederson on a volley. Then a phenomenal shot from about 30 yards out beat our stellar keeper in the top corner. Cheers to whomever shot that, it was a cracker.

Buddha then went 2-1 up and your's truly sealed the deal to make it 3-1.

Cheatside were missing some of their key players but we'll take the win.
Great PK from Ms. Mackers who was the only women to step up an take it after we talked the guys into letting a girl take it. Unfortunately she cracked it off the post and it rolled right past 3 of them and out of the box.

NoShowtime, where were you?

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 - 1 Loss...

Some terrible defense and many missed opportunities led to our first loss of the season, not to mention we were missing half our team. Best player had to be Lindsay up front for Buddha but Karl potted the goal of the game for us. The wife-to-be missed a PK so unfortunately I had to hear about that for the rest of the night :( And of course Kway...blah, blah, blah was in prime condition as per usual !! All in all it was a decent, fun game, I have to say Buddha has come a long way from their original "Tryhard" status they carried with them for years past !!

Cheers, mackers.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Double Victory!!

Originally posted by Conductor
Well in last night's contest Young Guns did the the unexpected and beat the big bad Dragons on the field.The game itself was fine no bitching or whining from both teams!!The thing that surprised me though was the even bigger upset after the game.The dragons as every one knows are a very good drinking and bbqing team,and rarely leave the park first.Last night the Young Guns were the last team to leave.:D
Who's the bastard who kicked me after my clinical finish? I realize I was a threat all night(whacked one off the post 10 minutes in)but was that really neccesary?

Other then that, a fun game last night with some joking around and some good soccer. Why does everyone think the Young Guns try so hard?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
An orchord(sp?)isn't condemned because of one bad apple. Or something like that.

Is he the fcuker who kicked me?:mad:

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BDGC 3 vs. Beernuts 4

Good, clean game last night for these teams. An upset for the carts who have been playing well over the last few weeks. However the case, I must say I was impressed with the beernuts. Actually I think they were even impressed with themselves. Specifically the guy that scored 2 goals when really they were both suppose to be crosses. Those had to be the flukiest goals. Carts had multiple chances to finish but...didn't:mad: .
Gunther made some brilliant boots up the park. surprise, surprise
Enrique made several full field runs and then passed it to their defenders. :eek:
All in all good game of soccer. I must say though so far my pick for the new tryhards has to be the beernuts. Not just because G is on the team but I've never seen a team cheer (and scream) on the sidelines the entire game. The beernuts were very intense and didn't crack a joke the whole game.
Definitly my pick for team tryhard.

Another topic: which teams are actually going to the fundraiser this friday???

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's a fundraiser? Be nice of the league president to pop in here once in awhile and give people some info :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya about the fundraiser.......

Surprised that it happens to fall on the TTP Golf tourney day..... since the majority of coed players are on TTP.... :confused:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beernuts vs BDGC match

It was actually a great game! We started to get down on ourselves after one of the BDGC's (speedy) forward got a goal in right after kickoff but thanks to Paul's beautiful shot (with a groin injury & all) we tied it and picked up the game!

I was sure the game was going to end in a tie but Lochan managed to get on his bike and flew through everyone and cracked it in! ;) So that deserved a big cheer.....

Speaking of cheering..... that was all from Striker14 (she's as loud as an entire school bus filled with ADD kids high on sugar) who couldn't play cause she was still drunk from coming in early Sunday from her honeymoon in Cuba..... :mad:

We also outlasted them in the drinking department too! (still feeling the effects now...... :eek: )

Spazz

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't think so

I believe that the Fundraiser is on Friday and the TTP golf tourney is on Saturday. Could be a tough game on Sunday.

Good thing we only play the Poco Rockets.
:D

Carebear

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If that was you Striker 14 doing all that whining and complaining on the sideline over every call, you have to learn to relax a bit it's just co-ed. Anyways good game Beernuts!!

Showtime

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Yoda,
I was in Penticton this weekend reminissing about the May long weekend. Congrats on the win, but next time we meet I guarantee a different result.:mad:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
open your eyes Regs...

Originally posted by Regs
There's a fundraiser? Be nice of the league president to pop in here once in awhile and give people some info :rolleyes:

~Regs.

How many years have you been in the league? At least 4 right? Well, every year the team collects money from each player (Fundraiser tickets included in your fees), and the league has a Fundraiser. Although it is usually in the sticks, or somewhere that was popular 12 years ago, the Dragons,yes, are represented.

Just ask HOS and AJ if they have ever been on behalf of the team. They certainly take flack from all the other teams in the league for only showing two faces:rolleyes:

The team can also sell any unused tickets to fundraise for their own team, but selling things is like pulling teeth, right Riggs? :p

+Have fun all, and again, I'm sure there may be one or two stragglers from the HBDE showing their faces:eek:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dialing Twats

knvb said
Probably has something to do with white boots taking on the girls defenders only. Twat.

Big guy, who else was he supposed to take on when you had 5 guys pushing up all game? White boots is the biggest slack ass around.

I can't believe you found ANYTHING to whine about in that game. Maybe the mosquitos, but that's it.

The Rob, from my sight lines, thank the defender for tripping over the 6 yard box and giving you a gift, but I saw/heard no evil come from your direction. You sure you didn't kick yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0