Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Terrorists

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
very good one Jinky

Smartest comeback I have ever heard. I am not offended but entertained. I was only going to enroll to get a vacation ..you know play a little briscola, eat some pasta fagiol.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky

Maybe, you should ask Juventus to surrender now and hope that they give Celtic a chance to move on in the Champions League. Believe me Itals take bribes.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apprentice,

It's not Juve that Celtic fear, it's shite referees.

Oh, and terrorists.

There, back on topic.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surely.....

Jinky,

Surely, you enjoyed the photos. That is the sort of stuff you go for. At least that is what I was hoping for.

Are you interested in going to watch Sapp/SurreyUtd on Saturday? Let me know.

As for the current American bombing campaign on anyone/thing that moves in the already barren Afghanistan, things are only getting worse..... 4 UN members killed and of course the released statements by Al-Qaida ......

``I want to talk on another point, that those youths who did what they did and destroyed America with their airplanes did a good deed. They have moved the battle into the heart of America. America must know that the battle will not leave its land, God willing, until America leaves our land, until it stops supporting Israel, until it stops the blockade against Iraq.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please check your ego at the door....

Sorry, TB, about the length of the article but it is all important stuff. Fcuk, I could use that $10M if the American's aren't going to use it for the victims.

NY Rejects Saudi Prince's $10M Check
Photos

AP Photo

By KATHERINE ROTH, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK (AP) - City officials rejected a $10 million relief check from a Saudi prince Thursday after he suggested U.S. policies in the Middle East were partly to blame for the World Trade Center attacks.

Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, in a statement released by his publicist during his visit to ground zero, said: ``At times like this one, we must address some of the issues that led to such a criminal attack. I believe the government of the United States of America should re-examine its policies in the Middle East and adopt a more balanced stance toward the Palestinian cause.''

The comments drew a rebuke from Mayor Rudolph Giuliani (news - web sites), followed by an announcement that the check was rejected.

``We are not going to accept the check - period,'' Sunny Mindel, the mayor's communications director, told The Associated Press after The AP asked her office about the prince's statement.

Giuliani, at a City Hall news conference, said such remarks ``were part of the problem'' behind the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

``There is no moral equivalent for this attack,'' the mayor said. ``The people who did it lost any right to ask for justification when they slaughtered 5,000, 6,000 innocent people. ... Not only are those statements wrong, they're part of the problem.''

Spokesman Amjed Shakir, reached before the prince boarded a plane for Saudi Arabia, said that Alwaleed could not comment because he was unaware that the check was rejected.

The prince, an outspoken member of the Saudi royal family, is a major investor in American companies. After his tour of the trade center ruins, the prince initially called the attack ``a tremendous crime.''

``It's just unbelievable,'' he said. ``We are here to tell America and to tell New York that Saudi Arabia is with the United States wholeheartedly.''

But in the statement, the prince said: ``Our Palestinian brethren continue to be slaughtered at the hands of Israelis while the world turns the other cheek. ... Arabs believe that if the U.S. government wanted, it could play a pivotal role in pushing Israel to sign and fully implement a comprehensive peace treaty.''

Alwaleed is chairman of Kingdom Holding Co. and was No. 6 on Forbes magazine's list of the world's richest men for 2001 with a worth of $20 billion.

The prince presented an envelope to Giuliani during his visit to the disaster siste. At about that time, the publicist handed the three-page statement to journalists. In his spoken comments to reporters, the prince did not criticize U.S. policies, saying instead, ``I came here to show my allegiance to New York.''

Alwaleed said prime terrorism suspect Osama bin Laden (news - web sites), a Saudi, does not represent Islam's Wahabi sect, the strict interpretation founded in Saudi Arabia.

``This guy does not belong to Wahabis,'' he said. ``He does not belong to Islam or any religion in the whole world.''

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ooops

Can you imagine how the Americans would feel if this happened to them. Fcuking hypocrits(sp?). :mad:

Errant U.S. Bomb Hits Neighborhood
(AP) - An American bomb missed its target in Afghanistan by a mile Saturday because a target coordinate was entered incorrectly into its satellite navigation system, a U.S. defense official said.

The good thing is only 5 innocent people were killed or injured.:(

Fcukers. They are no fcuking better than the terrorists who attacked the U.S. now.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see you lurking, SAint.....

I know you want to post, Saint. Don't be shy. That is what this website is all about....

Thanks for offering me one of your fancy beers today.

Fcuking Belgians

Captain

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
spot on....

Fcuking Belgians is right.

You simply don't understand, Burnsie, the bombing of the residential neigbourhood in Kabul was a simple mistake. To be fair, the yanks did use of their so-called 'smart bombs' in that raid, bombs which obviously know exactly where they're going and not to harm innocent people with their shrapnel or even get them dusty which would then force people to re-wash their fresh downy-soft shrouds after impact. The only trouble in this particular instance is that the wrong address was entered into the smart bomb (this is true, it must be, I read it in The Telegraph) and instead of going to 'Osama's gaff, Afghanistan' the smart bomb was sent somewhere else. Unfortunately Osama wasn't in and innocent civilians caught up in yet another war were killed and injured. Trust the fcuking yanks to pick the night Bin Laden was drinking at the legion closer to home, eh?

I've read from this distance that Chretien has been strongly criticised for not jumping into bed with the septic tanks the way Tony Blair has done, instantly painting a metaphoric target on everyone who lives in the UK. Why the fcuk would he? Canada can't afford a war and, cynically, could actually make some wonga out of it when yank resources start getting lower than they already are. It's not as if the bloody Americans don't make it their business of holding everyone else to ransom, it's time Canada started reaping the economic rewards of having far more than its' southern ingrate neighbours. But, sadly, it won't happen and Canada will continue to be led down the proverbial garden path, apologising constantly for not having the bottle to stand up for itself.

The Basque separatists started kicking off again at the end of last week, killing a few more innocent Spaniards. I've been watching the news all weekend and so far have missed hearing about America's bombing of Barcelona. I know I only get five channels so have undoubtedly missed America's inevitable retaliation to their flavour of the week, the war on world terrorism. I just hope their smart bombs don't harm the Nou Camp, that really is a lovely stadium.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly....

Fasty,

The Basque point you brought up is exactly what I have been trying to get across to my students in school. I haven't noticed a lot attacks on Colombia, Nigeria, or Northern Ireland for that matter. Sure, Britain is a buddy of the U.S. but come on. The UVF, LVF, UFF, UDA, Real IRA, INLA, IRA........Surely, they qualify as terrorist organisations. Of course, I could be wrong here because there have only been 3600 people killed in the North of Ireland over the last 30 years. I am sure some of the people killed know someone in America, so that should be enough to send a few 'smart' bombs to the Shankill or Falls Road. After all, these are the main areas that breed terrorists......

If they're really successful, they will be able to take out a few of the bookies because they are frequented by these fellows.....

CaptainwhoalsohasnotheardabouttheNouCampbombingsbutiswaitingwithanticipation

P.S. As for Chretien, I can't take anyone seriously who looks or sounds like that.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sad, really....

This morning as I sat zombie-like on the tube going to work and attempting to have a wee perv up the skirt of the blonde across from me, I became very agitated and wound up. It had nothing to do with the fact that the sultry bint was winding me up by suggestively crossing and uncrossing her pins a la Shazza Stone in Basic Instinct and all to do with the fact that this so called war on terrorism is destined to fail in so many ways but no more so that the basic principle of the fact that you simply cannot wage a war on a concept. While it would be lovely to think the Prime Minister of Terrorland would stand up and say, 'Right, it's a fair cop, lead me away to my just desserts,' the 'allies' have backed themselves into an impossible corner, a corner from which I see no way out. Bush and his puppet Blair's rash decision to start bombing Afghanistan will have ramifications far beyond either of their political terms and we'll still feel the effects long after that bad, bad man Osama is dead and blown into a billion pieces. As you say, there are countless 'terror' organisations so whatever happens in the Middle East, failure to address the rest of them will show these two Ronnies to be the hypocrites will already, sadly, know they are. I can't see Bush nor Blair being too keen on the idea of dropping their smart bombs on addresses in Belfast, can you? The best thing about this 'war' is that, thankfully, none of the main protagonists look like us. It makes it so much easier to hate the bastards, doesn't it?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time to look at the big picture Fatshow

I have been checking in on this thread here and there waiting for somebody to either say something smart or controversial enough for me to chime in and give a take. Fatshow’s comment(s) have gotten more a rise out of me than any.

My question to you is this: if you were George Bush for a day, how would you react to the September 11th attacks? I have gone over the various scenarios in my head countless times, and I keep coming to the conclusion that I don’t know how much I would have done differently. I am not going to get into a bunch of old rhetoric about our need to defend our way of life and all of that bullshit. What makes this so different for me is this: what this terrorist movement in particular is trying to accomplish has the potential to be the more historical and event changing than modern times has ever seen. This group propagates their beliefs to the 2nd largest “group” of people in the world: the Muslim Faith. The only larger “group” is the Christian Faith. They have used the most unethical means possible to convince their followers that the American way of life is evil, and that it posses a real threat to their “correct” religious beliefs and way of life. To say the brainstorming has been effective across all of Islam is ludicrous; they are most successful with the uneducated, the ignorant, and the suffering. The problem is, they have created a religious war in the minds of their followers- a following that is enormous and world reaching. They would not have gone through with the attacks of September 11th unless they were prepared to follow it up with more of the same, or even worse.

Before you respond, consider this: my family is of Irish & Catholic decent, and I am a Caucasian man married into a Muslim family. I can tell you that most of the Mosques in Surrey and Vancouver have spoken out against the terrorist attacks, and do not condoned them in any way. Their views in no way are the same as the extremist views of these murderers. The Muslim people I have grown to know are the most loving and generous people I have ever met, and I am absolutely proud to say my children will grow up to learn the faith. When the time is appropriate, they will also be able to choose themselves whether to follow the faith, or to follow another. That is the beauty of democracy and free speech.

Believe me when I say this: just because the main protagonists don’t look like us does not make it any easier for me to hate them. Hate is a strong word. I think the vast majority of the people involved with the likes of Osama Bin Ladin are to be felt sorry for, because had they have been sold on a cause that they actually believe will improve the world as they know it. That is sad.

Fatshow, I’ve read your comments, and you obviously don’t shoot from the hip. They are well thought out, and articulate. My problem with them is that you assume everyone who supports the American decision to retaliate holds the opinion against “the enemy” you portray us to. I support the American counterattacks because I fear our generations’ repeat of the 2nd World War. Yes, the United Sates has enough corporate and government money to cure 8 of the world’s 10 biggest problems, but at this time, that is not important. Perhaps when (if) there is a change in Government in Afghanistan- and Osama Bin Ladin’s organization has been severely crippled- it will be an appropriate time to call out for HUGE financial injections into the Middle East infrastructure. I think, then, we should be placing demands on the Capitalistic Governments of the world to build schools, hospitals, housing, and roads that will lend to future peace and growth instead of violence. Now is not the time.

DWMC- a very proud Canadian

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry...

First off, sorry we couldn't say anything 'smart' until now.....

Surely, you understand the facetiousness of some of my comments. I know Fastshow a little bit, and I know he is very capable of taking the same approach at times. I am not going to defend Fastshow's comments(he is more than capable) but the U.S. is doing to Afghanistan what they would not allow anyone else on this planet to do. I can't stand the way call it a "War against Terrorism". If it was, all terrorist organizations in the world should be targeted. It is selected terrorists, terrorists who attacked the United States. The U.S. should be focussing on making sure it does its best to avoid such an event again. Obviously, with all its surveillance(sp?) and special agents around the world, it should be doing its best to bring whoever was behind this to justice. I honestly don't know how they could do this immediately, but over time people who do wrong are usually caught. Bombing a country like Afghanistan is accomplishing very little. What did they accomplish in Iraq? Vietnam? N.Korea?

If I were George Bush for a day(thank goodness I'm not - the man is a fcuking brainless twat) it wouldn't be enough time to deal with this issue. This will take months, possibly years to sort out, and I personally believe the U.S. , like Sportstown B.C., are trying to recoup their losses too quickly. Patience is a virtue. America has never understood that.....

Captain

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
like a black fly in yer chardonnay....

Dude, While I welcome any intelligent views into this bit of patter, I take it having read your post that you have missed the facetious tone dripping from most of my rhetoric. Never in a billion years did I intend my comment regarding a muslim enemy being easier to hate to be construed seriously, I was attempting to illustrate the average American's psyche of attaching blame for one madman's gang to all who follow the faith he purports to believe in. With the yanks spewing out their sickening 'God save America' at every juncture and old Osama releasing similar propaganda imploring God to back his side in all this, I see no easy decision for God to make, whatever God either side is bothering. It's a bit like watching Italian football and seeing each player genuflect as he trots onto the park. How is God supposed to choose one side from the other?

I see last night the yanks took it upon themselves to bomb fcuk out of a Red Cross building, a building on whose roof was painted a big fcuk-off, um, red cross. The product of the world reknowned and superlative American education system flying the plane must've thought Bin Laden had very kindly taken it upon himself to paint targets on certain roofs in Kabul. I still see no reason for the bombing of Afghan towns, if anyone can illuminate me as to how anyone thinks that will lead to the capture of that nasty bearded chap with the silly hat, please let me know.

The one positive thing I can take from all this mess is the fact that Bin Laden has unintentionally aided the yanks in their laughably inept and cynical 'war on drugs'. I can't imagine people being too keen on doing too much cocaine with all this anthrax and talcum powder floating about the world's post offices. The Colombian cartels must be wondering what hit them. No wonder the Deep Cove brigade have been quiet lately.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fatshow and Captain:

First off, my post should have stated I was “waiting for somebody to either say something smart and controversial”, not “waiting for somebody to either say something smart or controversial”. Obviously I think the debate is worthwhile and intelligent, or I wouldn’t even bother to offer my opinion. I sincerely didn’t intend to imply the comments were not thoughtful, they just hadn't gotten a rise out of me to this point.

I realize your comments are dripping with sarcasm, but sarcasm can sometimes go a little too far. When you say, “The best thing about this 'war' is that, thankfully, none of the main protagonists look like us. It makes it so much easier to hate the bastards, doesn't it?” you come across as making the accusation that every person who supports the Allied actions carries that view. I wanted to give you a look at the other side.

Captain: we’ll probably have to agree to disagree. In taking the stance I have, I am holding the September 11th events and the US response on its own. I have my opinions on the other conflicts involving the US, and I would probably side with you in those arguments. My problem is that this situation is different, in that Osama Bin Laden and his gang have made it an “our way vs. their way” war, which is essentially along the same lines as ethnic cleansing- but they intend to take it to a much larger scale than we have ever seen in our lifetime. Along with destroying the terrorist camps and cutting off the revenue streams, I think the Talliban Government needs to be brought down NOW, and the only way to do that is to severely cripple their infrastructure. I hate the fact that errant smart bombs, or even bombs landing on their intended targets will kill innocent people. I despise the fact that even more will die of starvation or in refugee camps. I do think, however, the situation is world reaching enough to demand these types of extreme actions against the State.

BTW: it is nice that the DCR idiots have shut up for a bit, isn’t it?

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boring.

Once again, Fastshow, an articulate piece of verbal diarrhea. Mesmerising in its flowing stream of anti-american this and anti-american that. But for a change, please provide us with a solution instead of a flag burning critque.

Is it not ironic that your gig of slander is facilitated and protected by American foreign policy? What do you believe in? Other then the right to whinge and moan?

Curious.

Buckfast

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
beliefs....

Buck, Very quickly, I believe that the terrorist involved in this particular scenario targeted, very succesfully, the USofA, no one else. To stand about mumbling that 'our way of life' is under attack is rubbish, my way of life hasn't been affected one bit and why should it? Are you trying to tell me I've always enjoyed freedom and relative democracy as a result of all the good deeds the yanks have done to pave the way for my unconscious enjoyment of all things 'free'? Do you expect me to believe that if it weren't for your mates to the south I'd be wearing a silly hat and grovelling about on the floor looking for ten pence pieces four times a day in the name of Allah? Bollocks. The solution for this current problem is for the Americans to finally win a war. Not the kind of result they enjoyed in WWII when they waited forever to see which side to pick and, ultimately, only came in when the Japanese committed a rather ill-conceived PR gaff, not disimilar to that committed by Osama and certainly not the kind of 'win' in Desert Storm which, if today's papers are anything to go by, the reigning world terrorist heavyweight Saddam is one of few capable of producing such rich strains of Anthrax. They certainly sorted him out didn't they? The answer in this bit of American posturing and huff and puff is to get to Bin Laden, take him alive, and make an example of him and their own supposed greatest democracy on earth by putting him to trial. If they're half as mighty as they're constantly telling us they are, finding a man who is afraid of wearing a battery-operated watch out of fear of being nicked shouldn't be too big a problem.

Easy peasy.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The World According Fastshow.

Who taught your remedial history class? Standing on the sidelines waiting to see who was going to win? If that was the case, they would certainly have jumped on the Adolph train. Although it pains me to admit, if it wasn't for the Yanks, Keeper and Mehmet would be running this website.

In regards to how these events haven't changed your way life, well I would expect not as it doesn't get much worse earning 2.50GBP/hour, whilst living in a squat.

Go to your local newstand, bypass the Star and Daily Mirror and take a gander at the Wall Street Journal. Then tell me how it hasn't affected your life. But then again, it really hasn't affected your life, just those around you. But being a wee bit self-interested, you probably wouldn't have noticed.....or cared for that matter.

Get real.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh dear me....

Toddy, for fcuk's sake, the yanks sold petrol to the krauts during WWII and their position of resplendant isolationism was only altered on what they saw as a 'European war' when the Japanese (who are about as European as Israel....how did Hapoel Tel Aviv get into the UEFA Cup anyway?) started kicking off on them. If Canada was to take a similar mercenary stance it would start flogging water and other essential services to the yanks for unrealistic prices and make country's economy one of the strongest in the world. It won't, however, because callous, blatant economic bullying is a particularly American phenomenon. The state of California owes BC Hydro millions of dollars in unpaid leccy bills and the Californians are basically standing there and saying, 'well what are you going to do about it?' What will Canada do about it? Sod all.

I had a look at a copy of the Financial Times on the tube the other day but its' appalling lack of pictures, sports coverage, and Page 3 girls left me cold. It was all bloody downward spiralling graphs and inpenetrable yet oddly sexual acronyms like 'FTSE'. Fcuk that for a game of soldiers.

How is my '... gig of slander.....facilitated and protected by American foreign policy'? You've seen too many Hollywood films, mate.

What's your solution to the problem Bin Laden has created?

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
update:

Anthrax scare at the royal bank. Ther royal banks main office in downtown vancouver was evacuated after an employee opened a package with a suspicious powder. Thats all the datails I have.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0