Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Surrey United at the Nationals

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
pigs can fly

Great job SU, but
Gareth Wilkshire scored the first 15 minutes in on a great individual effort and cross from Clayton Dobbin.
I thought I saw pigs flying the other day.
I guess their is a chance for RF to drop below 250 lbs:D

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greetings from the National Capital (that's what they actually call Quebec City).

I had the great honour to pay $2 to see le cnut (le zizi works nicely in French) and the SU boys play this morning. Ithink the Surrey Royals would have given them more of a run, but an encouraging result nonetheless. KNVB scored on his first touch coming off the bench in the second half, and narrowly missed scoring a 4th on a backheel, the cokcy prick.

Overheard from team Newfie sitting behind me: (imagine accent)

"the first 15 minutes yesterday was pretty good."
"They was only good 'cause they didn't score any goals!"

Also:
Newf 1: "number 15's pretty good."
Newf 2: "Number 8's pretty fcuking good too."
Newf 3: "Who are we kiddin'? The whole fcuking team's good!"

Good luck boys.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another piss poor function another thrashing, all in a day`s work. Just in from the team banquet.

NB was much better going forward, but were only marginally better in defence. We started with another quick goal this time by Joe Deacon and a jinky little chip over the keeper from about 14 which came off a flicked corner to the back stick. Joe caught the keeper looking big time. The second was nothing really spectacular as Gareth Wilkshire double shinned the ball in off a piss poor corner that ran through a few legs to get to him. G`s second in as many games he`s having a great tourney so far. Half time came and Smiles hadn`t seen the ball yet because the backs have REALLY stepped up their performance from the first couple of matches in the VMSL.

The second half was much like the first with us holding almost all the possession and being the agressor on offence. I scored a sitter after Corey Janzen crossed the ball through the 18 after a `superlative`` run. I got the fourth off another great cross by Clayton Dobbin who has been our MOTM 2 games running. The 5th and my 3rd was a good old fastion break away from center after la meg. :D The stupid part of it was I thought of smallsy right away. Gay, or funny I haven`t decided yet. Blakes scored the 6th off a corner. Thier goal was a dodgy PK off a hand ball. We have Quebec Sunday in the semi`s.

More later... I`m getting kicked out of the computer room they`ve set up for everyone.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I`ve slept on it and decided it was funny!

We have the day off today minus a light run this afternoon. Most of us walked around old Quebec this morning. It`s fantastically clean a really quite nice, not a panhandler in sight. EVERYTHING is way over priced for my liking, but other than that it`s same same. Our major complant is the lack of Canadian beer. Can`t get one to save your life. It`s all Molsen X or Dry which are rubbish.

Big news of the tourney is NS has put in a protest. They`re the only team in their group to win a game in regulation and not go through. They`re in the side with two and to make it short and easy, like Cainy, are protesting the format and point system when you win-lose in PK`s. The solution passed down is an NS-Alberta play off today, winner goes on. Alberta are pissed and said they`re not showing up so we`ll wait and see...

Just hear BC gets the 2006 Nationals.

UBC ladies lost this morning to Alberta 1-0 in PK`s so they`re out. I haven`t seen Cainy yet so no word on the game.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Uniforms

Was just checking out the photos page on the webpage and I can't decide which is worse, Alberta's purple or PEI's Charlie Brown kit.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United lost a tough one this morning, 2-1 to Quebec. KNVB said they dominated but some lad hit two unbelieveable free kicks for both their goals.

Needless to say, the team is gutted but they still have one more game to play.

Cheers,

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gutted doesn`t quite cover it. It was one way traffic for the majority of the game, but we couldn`t convert in the final third. Quebec was a Fonsaca / Sporting type team X10 in the dive and moan department. They took 7 yellows, 2 were for takles. The Ref`s this week have been tremendous so far, if this is the standard of Quebec refs they`re doing something right. Quebec honestly were in our half, maybe 10 times on the attack through out the game, but we gave them 2 fouls which cost us hudge.

One free kick was saveable according to some, but I doubt it myself. It went top right corner. Their second was an absolute thing of buety(sp) 35 out centre right of the box, over the wall and it dipped hard into the side net with about 10 mins left. From there it was all hands on deck. We had one or two good chances to win with one of our young subs hitting the outside of the post on a header in the last min.

It`s pretty hard to swallow right now. I really think we`re the best team here, but it didn`t fully show this morning. We were pretty direct today which is not how we won the last two games. Our legs just didn`t get going like they have. If Quebec wins it`ll be shitty! They have Alberta who beat Manitoba in the second OT. Alberta are going to be shattered having already played an extra game because of the protest.

We`re staying focused tonight looking to take something home from all this. A bronze although nice isn`t what we came for, but a 3rd place ranking will help us win it all next year when we come back. ;)

Neafy`s had a little brawl in thier game with ONT this morning. A couple reds and a suspentions are coming. They have to play them again tomorrow for 9-10. :D

Maritseo has handed out 4 reds in 3 games. :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky, KNVB and team. That must have been a HUDGE :rolleyes: disappointment. Are you serious about taking it easy tonight?

We`re staying focused tonight looking to take something home from all this.
:confused: No one remembers who came in third or fourth. Go enjoy yourself tonight and tie one on.

I must admit I thought this was going to be BC's year. I guess there is always next year. :(

Captain

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB, Smiles and team:

Sounds like a tough loss given the run of play.

Captain, no one else might remember who came third, but you don't go that far to come out pissed and tired the next day and play like you were in the Kamloops tournament. :p

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's got a point. Is the 3rd place ranking going to be a hudge (I love it) advantage over a 4th place ranking at the next national championship? You came in ranked 10th this year, whipped both teams in your group by a combined 10-1 scoreline, made the semis and were a goal away from playing for gold. Hell, I'd ask to be ranked 11th next time around.

If anything, I'd say this so-called ranking system is a bit rank itself, especially when it's keeping you from getting wasted in the party province (la provance de partie, en francais).

My advice would be to drink your face off to dull the pain of such a cruel loss, roll into Surrey HQ at around 0430hrs, order a big side of poutine, slam back a coffee and declare yourself fit to play 90, or the full 120 if overtime is required. Then puke all over the floor and go to bed.

Just a suggestion.

NobbyStiles

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maritseo has handed out 4 reds in 3 games. :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats becuse he's a real w**ker. He cost us the first game v Quebec when he gave a PK for a 9.9 in the box by #10 - who was falling like he was shot by a sniper all game. Your so called superstar ref fell for everything. We have a chance if we don't get him again!! despite being knackered.
Tough luck on Surrey - we wanted a western final to show Quebec what its all about.
We plan to show them some real Alberta beef tomorrow!!!

Nobby Stiles
Callies FC

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your so called superstar ref fell for everything
What do you mean "so called"? Mauricio is a superstar. And humble.

Did he ask you if you wanted to see his cards during the game several times?

:D

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by knvb
but we gave them 2 fouls which cost us hudge.

One free kick was saveable according to some

First, the guy is gutted, so you have a go at him about his misspelling of Hugde, not very nice.

Second, it doesn't look like anyone is pointing fingers on the first goal does it.

Life doesn't get any better for Surrey, they get back into town and have the Big Slurrey Darby vs. Peg next weekend, lets hope they don't get the post nationals blues.

Go for megs in the consolation knvb, you can think of smallsy on the flight home;)

hos

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough luck fellas.

With the way you dominated the competition you wonder how Gorge could have earned 10th last year!

See you when you get home.

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky indeed. Surrey had probably 75% of the possession but not enough finish unfortunately. Quebec #13 was very lucky not to be sent off in the first half for a vicious tackle. The foul for the second goal seemed a bit suspect, too, but Cesar has a great shot on him. Sorry about not coming through on the Canadian; I was already late for the game as it was. Enjoy the rest of the trip!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0