Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals Surrey United @ 2013 Nationals (men & women)

BC Teams @ Nationals

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, Oranje. The second half was all Celtic but I didn't see anything that lead to a red card. I thought SU played well in the remaining 15 minutes after the red card as they pressed higher up the field still. Looked like they dropped too deep at the start of the second half but let's be honest..it's very difficult to win a game against a good opponent with 10 men for 60 minutes. Great work, Reedie, and well done to the SU ladies who didn't lose a game and grabbed 3rd place.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Surrey United on the silver and congrats to the club for giving the experience to some of their youth players when they could have loaded up with outside players. Shows character and faith! Well done!

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Captain but it wasn't my team (although 7 of them were from my '96 Barca team). It was our '95 Sparta team. 2 time national bronze medal winners and now they finally conquered the mountain. Congrats to those boys!

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Les Krivak. Very accomplished and dedicated coach! Now coaches the Wolves men's team and also has our BCSPL U13 intakes. Nice to have him drop down and pick up a brand new team to build. His teams are well organized and play some really nice stuff.

stoonsoccer

Oct 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at this game today and can report that the ref can justify the red card based on Laws of the Game. But holy was that ever a bad call in such a big game. He should be back to house league after that!!! I attend this tourney every year and the officiating this week has been worst year I have seen.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PEI? Yikes - they have a population of about 140,000 on 64 square miles of land. Surrey has almost 4 times the population and twice the land area. Surrey United's club is bigger than PEI.

Thanks for the geography lesson, bozo.

Please professor, tell us more about some other provinces like Sask, Manitoba and Quebec.

And when you're done that, please tell us all how you did in your last Challenge Cup. Oops, maybe stick to what you know best...teaching Introduction to Canadian Geography.

:vomit:

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So proud of our ladies this year, undefeated and only 1 active sub on the bench for the last 2 games. Ont, Quebec and Alberta with at least 7 subs to choose from. To see the heart and soul of this team battle it out and bring home a medal is something everyone needs to be proud of. The bronze certainly felt like gold to us. 10 Provincial titles, 10 trips to Nationals, 10 medals, let someone step up and claim they are better. Best of luck and congrats to Alberta for they are a very good team and Staff. We look forward to trying again this year and to our Men's team , the result was bitter but they showed class from top to bottom. Great job Reedie and the Staff to bring us back the Silver. What a great experience to be involved with this club......

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So proud of our ladies this year, undefeated and only 1 active sub on the bench for the last 2 games. Ont, Quebec and Alberta with at least 7 subs to choose from. To see the heart and soul of this team battle it out and bring home a medal is something everyone needs to be proud of. The bronze certainly felt like gold to us. 10 Provincial titles, 10 trips to Nationals, 10 medals, let someone step up and claim they are better. Best of luck and congrats to Alberta for they are a very good team and Staff. We look forward to trying again this year and to our Men's team , the result was bitter but they showed class from top to bottom. Great job Reedie and the Staff to bring us back the Silver. What a great experience to be involved with this club......

You are a credit to the club knaacks.Your dedication to the team and the club is very much appreciated and they wouldn't function without you.

Reedie, kudos to you!! I am so happy that our young players had a chance to experience and actually contribute. It will help solidify a path for many of our talented players who will continue to develop as they graduate from youth soccer. It's a huge gap in this country, but at least we can provide an environment where they continue to ply their passion.

In my humble opinion, SU vs West Van this weekend, will be tougher than any match this last week in Halifax. Credit to the VMSL and the level of competition that we sometimes take for granted. It prepares our teams well for Nationals.

Our U16 team defeated Ontario to win National Gold and some of those players have contributed to our Premier team.

Well done all.

Last edited:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the geography lesson, bozo.

Please professor, tell us more about some other provinces like Sask, Manitoba and Quebec.

And when you're done that, please tell us all how you did in your last Challenge Cup. Oops, maybe stick to what you know best...teaching Introduction to Canadian Geography.

:vomit:

Here's what everyone has to understand about PEI or NFLD. These players have literally played together since six years old. Through many years of trials and tribulations, these players advance through adolescence and evolve into tough, competitive adult players. Our U16 played PEI in round robin play. Their coach commandeered a group of committed and brave young players. They just don't give up. They are a "tougher society", more old school. They don't give up. Anyone who takes these guys lightly has not done their homework. I have seen it first hand many times. I was in PEI last year. They are getting their shite together.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clearly it is bizarro TTP right now where old-time members start wearing panties and Newbies wonder WTF?

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's what everyone has to understand about PEI or NFLD. These players have literally played together since six years old. Through many years of trials and tribulations, these players advance through adolescence and evolve into tough, competitive adult players. Our U16 played PEI in round robin play. Their coach commandeered a group of committed and brave young players. They just don't give up. They are a "tougher society", more old school. They don't give up. Anyone who takes these guys lightly has not done their homework. I have seen it first hand many times. I was in PEI last year. They are getting their shite together.

You mean the current youth system of moving players up constantly to the best teams in what seems to be a monument to restructuring where BC now has never had so few on national teams (or so it seems) is not working? I realize that that is not a discussion here. Of course I subscribe to the Klinnsman view that the more these kids play the game, the more they will progress. Sometimes it seems that the emphasis is too much on training rather than playing in game situations where good players learn how to help their team win.

Travel is always an issue over a distance like that no matter what any say to the contrary. Being on the road like that is not like playing at home.

I caught just the second half but it seemed SU's ball possession was sure limited vs their opponent. Not criticizing as I know they have a very good team and I was watching on the internet which doesn't give you a great appreciation for the pace or speed of the game. And I realize SU were down to 10.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0