Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sundin's deadline December 15th...

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doing well, Franchise, after a very rough start. Yes, I do wish they picked up Sundin because they have a much better chance than the Canucks would of winning a Stanley Cup. :)

Eastern Conference TeamGPPts 1.* Boston3352 2.* NY Rangers3646 3.* Washington3443 4.Philadelphia3343 5.Montreal3342 6.New Jersey3141 7.Pittsburgh3340 8.Buffalo3437 9.Carolina3437 10.Florida3234 11.Toronto3334 12.Ottawa3129 13.Atlanta3326 14.Tampa Bay3223 15.NY Islanders3323

;)

Philly being 4th means nothing......you know why? Cause they are in the East and get to beat up on shite eastern teams.

Would like to see how Philly would do against Western teams on a consistent basis. Their dmen arent the greatest and would get demolished by the western style. Not too mention their offence would take a beating against the more aggressive West. Gagne would have had his yearly concussion already, thats for sure

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Philly being in sixth overall means they're pretty awesome. More awesome than 24 other teams and nearly as awesome as five.

I think Conference Finals last year was a pretty good showing for a team that was dead last in 2006/07. They're a year older a year wiser and looking just fine.

Now if only Tocchet would sign.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Philly being 4th means nothing......you know why? Cause they are in the East and get to beat up on shite eastern teams.

Would like to see how Philly would do against Western teams on a consistent basis. Their dmen arent the greatest and would get demolished by the western style. Not too mention their offence would take a beating against the more aggressive West. Gagne would have had his yearly concussion already, thats for sure

Yes. I'm sure they wouldn't go out and get players more suited for the 'Western' style.

Go Flyers.

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I've commented on this before but the Flyers division is the most competitive in the NHL....

What is the "western" style?

Is it the agressiveness? Philly is one the scrappiest/most penalized teams... thats just how they roll. I think they would do just fine in the west, I'm sure they'd love to play in a division with Minesotta, Colorado, Edmonton, or even Dallas, LA, or Phoenix - better than Pitts, NJ, NYR.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
everyone knows the difference between western and eastern teams....anyone who knows hockey that is.

it is quite obvious when comparing the two styles that eastern is more free flowing with end to end action cause the defence is awful. well wouldn't say awful, just more allowing of gaining the zone I guess.

whereas western is more stingy, hard hitting, fight for every inch type of play, on an overall basis. over the past years, it has been the western conference that has been more dominate and it takes much more grit and effort to make it thru the playoffs to the stanley cup.

not saying the eastern teams have a free ride by any means, but they are less banged up when in the playoffs the longer they go compared to western teams.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0