Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sundin's deadline December 15th...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a good feeling he's going to suit up for the Nucks.

By the 15th, the hell that is known as the Vancouver travel schedule is pretty much done for the year. Plus the team has shown a huge amount of promise - all the pieces are there if he comes for a long playoff run...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a good feeling he's going to suit up for the Nucks.

By the 15th, the hell that is known as the Vancouver travel schedule is pretty much done for the year. Plus the team has shown a huge amount of promise - all the pieces are there if he comes for a long playoff run...

I agree with Regs, the travel was a huge issue but it's not anymore, we're in 1st place and playing like a team that's one player away from contending. As much as I hate to say it, would love to see Sundin in a Canuck's jersey.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with you Regs. The Rangers would have to move a few players just to sign him. the Blackhwaks and Habs would have to make some room under there cap. if the Hawks move Khabibulin then they would be able to sign Sundin. but no team has put an offer on the table as good as the Canucks. they have offered him two years. the other teams are interested in one year deals. so I think he really might be a Canuck. now I have to go get a name bar to cover up my Mike Brown jersey. do you think Brown will give up the number 13 for Sundin. ok Franchise, Stallion,Westcoast, Mr. Base that was a piss take about Brown:rolleyes:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's sure set this up for expectations being high! Anything but greatness will be a laugh and embarassment to Sundin. Love to see him in our Uni but don't know if he can out do the hype he's put on himself.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Regs, the travel was a huge issue but it's not anymore, we're in 1st place and playing like a team that's one player away from contending. As much as I hate to say it, would love to see Sundin in a Canuck's jersey.

Travel won't mean anything....Rangers have no travel either and are filled with stars....it going to be a matter of what are the Rangers willing to give up to sign Sundin and if it happens expect that player or players to be Canucks....i.e Drury

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with you Regs. The Rangers would have to move a few players just to sign him. the Blackhwaks and Habs would have to make some room under there cap. if the Hawks move Khabibulin then they would be able to sign Sundin. but no team has put an offer on the table as good as the Canucks. they have offered him two years. the other teams are interested in one year deals. so I think he really might be a Canuck. now I have to go get a name bar to cover up my Mike Brown jersey. do you think Brown will give up the number 13 for Sundin. ok Franchise, Stallion,Westcoast, Mr. Base that was a piss take about Brown:rolleyes:

Sundin is a star and I can't wait to buy the jersey if he signs.....I will sleep out on the pavement at gate 6 waiting for the chance to buy it.

NOthing like having a Leafs and Canucks #13

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No travel does mean something as in, if the Canucks still had 2 6/7 game roadtrips to come, Sundin 100% wouldn't be here.

It 'levels' the playing field so to speak except the Nuck's already have a huge offer on the table that can't be matched.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It 'levels' the playing field so to speak except the Nuck's already have a huge offer on the table that can't be matched.

With the exception of possibly the term of their offer, I think contract has very little to do with where he's gonna end up, or else he would have been here already.

And while it does seem to be sounding pretty promising lately, I'll believe it when he has the press conference to announce it. They've shot out enough of these "deadlines" as it is and nothing came of it.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im pretty sure Sundin's decision is going to come down to what team has the best chance of winning the cup.....

The San Jose Sharks and Detroit red wings are the class of the West and neither team has interest so I think he would sign in the East. Even with Sundin the Canucks are not as good as either of those teams. Even though the Canucks beat Detroit twice...its only the regular season. The one advantage the Canucks have besides the $ is the Olympics in 2010...He would already be in Vancouver and Sundin has always been a big part of team Sweden and would probably like to repeat as a Gold medallist.

In the East the HABS and the Rangers could easily be playing eachother in the Eastern Conference Finals. Its general knowledge that the East is easier to win then the West. They both are loaded with talent and good goaltending. If either team could clear up cap space they would be a perfect fit for Sundin. I think the Rangers are the favorties to land him. They are probably working on a trade right now to dump some $$$. I dont think he would go to Montreal bc they play the Leafs 4 more times and would play them 8 times next year .

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im pretty sure Sundin's decision is going to come down to what team has the best chance of winning the cup.....

The San Jose Sharks and Detroit red wings are the class of the West and neither team has interest so I think he would sign in the East. Even with Sundin the Canucks are not as good as either of those teams. Even though the Canucks beat Detroit twice...its only the regular season. The one advantage the Canucks have besides the $ is the Olympics in 2010...He would already be in Vancouver and Sundin has always been a big part of team Sweden and would probably like to repeat as a Gold medallist.

In the East the HABS and the Rangers could easily be playing eachother in the Eastern Conference Finals. Its general knowledge that the East is easier to win then the West. They both are loaded with talent and good goaltending. If either team could clear up cap space they would be a perfect fit for Sundin. I think the Rangers are the favorties to land him. They are probably working on a trade right now to dump some $$$. I dont think he would go to Montreal bc they play the Leafs 4 more times and would play them 8 times next year .

It comes down to what team can HE lead to the cup. He had a chance to go to the Wings last year but denied the trade as he felt he wouldn't be the main guy to lead them.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

And what players would have to be dumped to land him? Can't see him going to either just based on the fact they'd have to dump some good players to clear the cap room, and then just add him in there. Doesn't look like that would improve either team.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is the possibility of sending players with down to the minors and I "think" that means there salaries do not count against the cap. If a team wants somebody bad enough they will do what they can. I think Philly did some maneuvering couple years a go to acquire Forsberg. $10 million is alot of money for Sundin let alone anybody. Unless he led the Canucks to the cup the $10 million dollars against the cap next year would only hurt the team. If they landed him great....just a bigger dissapointment when they are bounced from the playoffs. Sundin wouldnt be the man in Vancouver either, Luongo would and I dont think Luongo will ever win a cup in Vancouver. I dont think he will ever win a cup period.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i m pretty sure he aint coming here......he's getting old, and the checking in the west is far greater than that of the east. he would get punished being over here and the travel will come into play as well. he will end up in the east. what team? no idea.

as for luongo winning a cup, ur right he won't win a cup...y? cause he's too good of a goalie. sound stupid? no. because whatever team has him will have to pay too much money to keep him and the rest of the team will suffer cause not enough room under the cap to sign a good enough team to win the cup.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I fail to see why the Canucks would ever want this guy under such circumstances. Sorry, but did we not learn from the Messier debacle, and have we not moved on?

Or should we get Keenan back as well?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see it as a low possibility, but I think he'd be a huge asset to the team we have now. Add him and maybe one or two more grit pieces at the deadline, and the squad is looking very strong.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I fail to see why the Canucks would ever want this guy under such circumstances. Sorry, but did we not learn from the Messier debacle, and have we not moved on?

Or should we get Keenan back as well?

Messier is a little different. Unless we gave Sundin the C. Then I'm against it.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What else should we be doing with the 10 mil? I rather it in Sundin's pocket then Francescos.

And when your in the top five in the league with the players you got, why mix it all up and get rid of guys to bring in one guy.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't see New York reorganizing the team to bring him in.

I am dreaming to see Demitra, Wellwood and Sundin on the first line. With the Sedins the following act. Our D and Luongo Healthy.
dare to dream... dare to dream.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What else should we be doing with the 10 mil? I rather it in Sundin's pocket then Francescos.

And when your in the top five in the league with the players you got, why mix it all up and get rid of guys to bring in one guy.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't see New York reorganizing the team to bring him in.

I am dreaming to see Demitra, Wellwood and Sundin on the first line. With the Sedins the following act. Our D and Luongo Healthy.
dare to dream... dare to dream.

Try to re-sign the Sedins?? Try to re-sign Ohlund... Maybe bring in Gaborik next year, with his stable groin and all. Canucks are not one of the top 5 teams in the NHL. There point total might suggest otherwise but I feel they are more round the 10th-12th range.

And yes you are Dreaming...Wellwood on the top line is a classic. He's the Canucks version of Brian Savage. Score at a rapid pace the first two months and get 3 goals the rest of the season.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0